Power

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
LL12Gaming
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Power

Post by LL12Gaming »

How do i know if i produce enough power for everything and how do i know if i have enough boilers for my steam engine ??

Night_Ange1
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Power

Post by Night_Ange1 »

This is a very broad question so I will give a very broad answer.

Build enough steam generators to cover your consumption 10 steam engines need 13.1 boilers to power them. And pipes can only supply a limited amount of water o build in modular sections of 10 steam engines and 13-14 boilers per offshore pump

Edit: Did a quick serch and this should explain things better https://forums.factorio.com/wiki/inde ... /Tutorials
Last edited by Night_Ange1 on Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LL12Gaming
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by LL12Gaming »

I dont understand xD :)

Night_Ange1
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Night_Ange1 »

If you left click on the bottom of a pole (inside the little hit box) you will see your power production / consumption

If you hover over a steam generator you will see performance of the generator.

Generators will have max performance if you are consumption is greater than or equal to production and you have 100 degree water in it.

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nova »

Hover over the steam engine and look at the two bars:
If the second bar is not full, then you need either more or hotter water (more pumps, pipes or boilers).
If the first bar is less than the second bar: You have enough energy and the production is fully sufficient.
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

Return to “Gameplay Help”