I need help with signals in my base

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
jvpts11
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

I need help with signals in my base

Post by jvpts11 »

I've been building my base, at the moment, i do not use any mod at my game, I was trying to create two iron ore unloading stations, but I don’t know how to configure the signals to make everything work, below are the prints of how my tracks are and how everything is organized, please I need help, these signs are very complicated for me
My unloading station 1 looks like this
My unloading station 1 looks like this
Print 1.png (2.92 MiB) Viewed 1365 times
My other stations looks like this:
My unloading station 2
My unloading station 2
Print 2.png (3.05 MiB) Viewed 1365 times
My Ore mines station
My Ore mines station
print 3.png (3.61 MiB) Viewed 1365 times

Please, i need help, I need the train to pass at the fork while there is no other passing, I need it while a train is coming or going from the iron mine, the train at the fork wait, I need it in a situation where the two trains are at the mine iron, they don't collide while one is filling with ore

If possible, please send me images of how to configure this railway system, and if necessary, please send me a step by step of how I configure it

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: I need help with signals in my base

Post by Zavian »

I always recommend this tutorial https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comme ... ts_23_and/

Direct link to the pdf version. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B22HAM ... Fc5S0wzYjA

Edit: Adding a link to aaargha's two way rail tutorial. viewtopic.php?f=194&t=53937 .

astroshak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by astroshak »

Not really what you want to hear, I’m sure, but you should consider switching to a two-track system, rather than using the one-track system. Two one-way tracks allow for a lot more traffic on the rail system, including for two trains traveling in opposite directions to get past one another. One two-way track does not really allow for trains to pass one another, and are very easy to signal for a deadlock.

jvpts11
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by jvpts11 »

astroshak wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:46 pm
Not really what you want to hear, I’m sure, but you should consider switching to a two-track system, rather than using the one-track system. Two one-way tracks allow for a lot more traffic on the rail system, including for two trains traveling in opposite directions to get past one another. One two-way track does not really allow for trains to pass one another, and are very easy to signal for a deadlock.
Roger That, i will try this, thank you!

Ranger_Aurelien
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Ranger_Aurelien »

jvpts11 wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:50 pm
Roger That, i will try this, thank you!
Pretty much the only thing I found myself using others' blueprints for is to manage the scale (and signalling minutia) of bidirectional rails, e.g.:

https://factorioprints.com/view/-M2u_Tr8kYSjKBG8uxfN
-
Ranger Aurelien
"Knowledge Brings Fear" -- Motto of Mars University, Futurama

Return to “Gameplay Help”