New Hope - Level 4

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
BlueTrin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

New Hope - Level 4

Post by BlueTrin »

I am struggling a bit on this level, I cannot quite manage to destroy enemy nests to take ressources hidden there.
You are quite limited on this level in technologies and the amount of iron in the original spot is a bit low.

Any help/tips on this level ?

Nemoricus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: New Hope - Level 4

Post by Nemoricus »

Don't worry about expansion. There's more than enough resources in your starting area if you just focus on what you need to progress. There's also some laser turrets in a wreck to the south that's unguarded that can be helpful in defending your base.

Also, walls are your friends. Build a wall of two or three tiles in thickness across the main entrance to your base and it will give your turrets ample opportunity to destroy biters before they can get through. Once your base is secure, just focus on getting the tech and materials for the small plane.

BlueTrin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by BlueTrin »

Thanks for the advice, I guess my problem is that I always go overboard and start making chains of 3 factories for almost anything with very long chains rather than focusing on the mission.

Nate The Great
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Nate The Great »

Use flame thrower turrets to get rid of the big aliens. And how much plastic do I need for the plane I have made 2K so far. What tec do I need to reashearch for the plane? I think I have all the plastic I need at 3K now

Return to “Gameplay Help”