Campaign Level 3

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Xuhybrid
Inserter
Inserter

Campaign Level 3

Post by Xuhybrid »

This is the one where you start in a car, no resources and a bunch of materials. Personally ive found this very overwhelming to the point where ive just started playing a Custom game instead. I think this mission needs to be changed. Throwing us into an arena with no knowledge of explosives, expecting us to set up a base with no resources and prioritise what we need in order to clear the aliens... Yeah that's just too much. I'm sure if i spent a lot of time doing trial and error i'd get it but it just feels like a huge complexity spike compared to the challenging, lengthy and fair complexity of map 1 and 2.

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Campaign Level 3

Post by FishSandwich »

If I remember correctly there's also a bunch of resources in the car. This isn't a hard mission but I agree the difficulty spike is high. Don't think it needs to be changed or removed, you just need to think carefully about your resource use.

Xuhybrid
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Xuhybrid »

Yeah i'm going to dedicate some time to figuring it out but just thought id share my thoughts on the balance.

Ive found that if i put my base far enough North i don't have to deal with Alien attacks.

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

Xuhybrid
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Xuhybrid »

That was really helpful, thanks.
I wasn't aware how useful those drones were. Here i was trying to use Explosives... I literally just face tanked, no pausing and obliterated the enemy base lol.

Return to “Gameplay Help”