"No path" train automation in tutorial

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
thekingdavid7
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

"No path" train automation in tutorial

Post by thekingdavid7 »

I am working on completing the tutorial right now, and I got to the point where I automate a train. When I got everything set up, the train would leave one station to go to the other, but then would refuse to leave the station. Both train stops are on the left side. There aren't any breaks in the tracks, and the mining site is set for "full cargo" and the depo site is set for "empty cargo." If anyone has advice, it would be appreciated! thanks!
Attachments
Schedule.png
Schedule.png (2.74 MiB) Viewed 1040 times
Depo Station.png
Depo Station.png (5.92 MiB) Viewed 1040 times

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: "No path" train automation in tutorial

Post by boskid »

I suspect you have a rail signal or chain signal next to the rail that is only on one side and it makes the rail one way for the train pathfinder.

Save file would help to confirm that.

Serenity
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Serenity »

You really need to show your signals for these kinds of problems. For one train to go both ways on one track you need signals on both sides exactly opposite each other. Signals tell the train in which direction it can go. Just placing the signals at the station exit is fine if you only have one train on the track

Also, the left train has one locomotive on the front. You either need a second locomotive or loop around

PunPun
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by PunPun »

I don't see any signals on those screenshots. But I do see that the flaydo station marker is below the tracks which means it can only be approached from the left. To fix this move the station above the tracks.

Return to “Gameplay Help”