Some other 10.000 Train question ;-)

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
FritzHugo3
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Some other 10.000 Train question ;-)

Post by FritzHugo3 »

Hey all expert Factorio train people
Is there a way for what i want to have, maybe with a mod or regular train signals or what ever
I know there are a ton of other questions and answers for the factorio trainsystem but my problem are maybe a little bit special i think. I have searched many time in google and dont find a realy answer for it.

So what i have here. It‘s a game with bob’s mod, Angels Mod’s, AAi and a ton of other cool mods and a incredibble number from items.
So if there are a mod to help for what i want to do – yes please sir give it to me ;-)

What i dont want (becouse the mega base will be grow with thausends of trainstations) are the red and green lines at the pilars and the programming bloks to read out the train stations. I dont like this combinator’s programming stuff (too agly and complicated and i dont can have simple copy paste all becouse with bob’s and angels’s mod i have enought to do.

I want have a megabase and want have for all step in the production an extra production line with train stations (first trains bring iron plates in the one tracksystem, than production and other train bring the screws to the central storage train station that is a second Tracksystem. (two seperate tracksystems that crossing sometimes but no train from one system can go tot he other)

What i want to have:
Fierst the trains should dont drive from the start trainstation, if the second train station are full. Becouse the would be overstack my hole tracksystem. (or if you have a way without overstack my systems, the first point are anyway)
Second, the trains should be go in both ways
Third, the trains should be go simultane and use all the alternates dobble routes

My question – is this be mable with factorio’s train logic (in vanila or maybe with a mod)?

I have made this little (much to long ;-) ) video and its realy hard for me to speak free and normal in a other language, so dont kill me for my voice ;-). I know ist to long becouse i must think and translate the Voice in my little brain ;-). So have a little bit patience with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXD9NTftVC0

Serenity
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Some other 10.000 Train question ;-)

Post by Serenity »

This needs a minimal amount of combinators:

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/train-pubsub

robot256
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by robot256 »

Once they have all those mods installed, most people use Logistic Train Network as a way to deal with how many different products are needed in Angel-Bob. Empty trains stay in a depot yard, and you can make sure trains only get sent to load and unload when there is track space for them and demand for product. It is easy to use different "networks" so that trains from one train system (in their depot) never get sent to the other network, even if the tracks are connected.

As for using alternate paths, trains will do that automatically when alternates exist. BUT do not use bidirectional tracks except at stations if you want them to be efficient and not get stuck. One track east and one track west is much faster than two tracks that can each go east and west.

FritzHugo3
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by FritzHugo3 »

Serenity wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:22 pm
This needs a minimal amount of combinators:

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/train-pubsub
Thx for answer (have see the tutorials) but this is not my way. first i dont want depots, seconds i dont like combinators for thausends of trainstations (what i writed). And third in my game i need blue science for the logistic networks and they are minimum two weeks work away for me ;-).

robot256 wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:34 pm
Once they have all those mods installed, most people use Logistic Train Network as a way to deal with how many different products are needed in Angel-Bob.
Mhh there are logistics networks and depots too, what i dont like. And i have understand that this mod makes a train to an multiple automated trainstations train (like wildcart universal trains). But i want have exclusive trains - for all productions (in and out comming) stations should be have one exclusive train. This is first a buffer and second i see always if it needs more productionlines or more recources - i can see more for analystics (and it loocks much greater if there are thausends of trains).

Mhh, so what i have read out from this answers, what i want are not working for me and i must redesign it for one way System ^^. Not nice because the "Wuselfaktor" goes away (sorry i think there are no translation for "wusel" - its like what have "the sedlers" studio have sayed for many, many years. it means like ants/lemmings always goes up, down, crossing character)

So what, thx for the answer. makes me not realy happy but i must use what the game give me and what i want.
Maybe anybody have a third idear/mod for this.

Nosferatu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Nosferatu »

If you have fixed trains for your goods and just want to reduce how many trains try to path to one station at the same time than this would help:
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Concurren ... estriction

FritzHugo3
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by FritzHugo3 »

Nosferatu wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:36 pm
If you have fixed trains for your goods and just want to reduce how many trains try to path to one station at the same time than this would help:
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Concurren ... estriction
Thx for writing but also here are circuit network and i writed in my first post, in the second, in my video - I dont want this red, green wires combiners what ever stuff. If there are a mod that makes the trains itselfs a little bit more inteligent with this mechaniks what youre mod do with the combiners stuff - this is what i realy want.

Its what i want but i want it without the circuits ;-). So i think its not possible now. What else - i must put my desin wish in the garbage box - it looks good but if this dont work in the practis my good look (for me ;-) )are not usable. I dont want only build for the fastest way, the base should be looks nice too and here the reality tecnical are colided with my wishes design. So what. I must rework on the design. It helpes me not to have a nice looking base who dont work good and otherside a good work base what see agly than i have no fun (and realy many i mean the most traindesigns at YouTube are for me agly and much, much to big - im at a island and cant waste many space.

If you all see the video to the end - I want build so close as possible with a little buffer to fix something. There is no space for depots or some frome what do all the most people at YouTube. Its not what i want.

robot256
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by robot256 »

If you want to change the basic behavior of the game AT ALL you will need SOME circuit wires somewhere, it is part of Factorio so it is unavoidable, and a lot of fun once you learn. But mostly mods just use constant combinators to send settings to the train stops to configure them (wire length of one tile). No global changing signals.

I really think Concurrent Train Restriction is the mod that will do what you want--you just need one constant combinator next to each stop to configure it. If you have 8 copper mine stations, and 4 copper unloading stations, you can have up to 8 copper trains and they will all wait at a mine until there is unloading space for them. But more trains than that and by definition you need waiting areas--where else will they go? The mod will make sure only one train leaves the mine each time an unloading station becomes available.

Yes, the pathfinder cannot handle many bidirectional paths efficiently without getting stuck. It is because otherwise, you would need human intelligence for a dispatcher. If you really want the look of lemmings scampering every which way, take a look at the Transport Drones mod! Little trucks driving on roads every which way.

FritzHugo3
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by FritzHugo3 »

robot256 wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:15 am
...and a lot of fun once you learn. ...
Not realy smile but hey there are people to like climbing without anything or jump from 10 meters in water so if it funny to learn programming for you all is good ;-).
robot256 wrote:
lemmings scampering every which way, take a look at the Transport Drones mod! Little trucks driving on roads every which way.
Mhh after sleeping i will check this out. It heared for me like flying robots but drive mhh i dont kno, i must see it before i can anything say about it. Bu i think its not the same like trains more than logisticchest bases (i dont want a logisticchest base, its to boring an not performant i think). Yes, but i must see the mod. ;-) thx for this

robot256 wrote:
I really think Concurrent Train Restriction is the mod that will do what you want--you just need one constant combinator next to each stop to configure it. If you have 8 copper mine stations, and 4 copper unloading stations, you can have up to 8 copper trains and they will all wait at a mine until there is unloading space for them. But more trains than that and by definition you need waiting areas--where else will they go? The mod will make sure only one train leaves the mine each time an unloading station becomes available.
Yes but, there are "need one constant combinator next to each stop to configure" first i havent the technology and its far away. The blue science are strange instead the green bottles. I need gold, much chemicle stuffs, a lot, lot things for the logical network and the second, its what i say, i hate this things. And with one, two thousand Trainstations, this are configure one or two thausends constant combinator ;-).
If i figured out in some weeks, that my ne redesigned way realy dont work with hundreds of trains, than i can give this little bastards combinators a second chance but if this work, what i build (i hope smile) than for me its better.

Know i have build it from the 5 tracks both ways in a 5 tracks one way goes to the central Storage (one Track are exclusive to drive to the next big node, one Track are exclusive for the refilled trains, two tracks have become staker but its not seperate - its in the tracks but they can go alternative ways and one track goes direct to the loaders) - goes in the next big node and goes in two Tracks to the Productionslines.

I must test it the next week, If this all work enough good and fast with growing base. The Oneway Tracks have worked at my last project, so i think 5 tracks are enought for this project and the trains will become faster and get better, bigger tanks/storages, electric-trains and what ever.

I must sleep 06:00 a clock in the morning here ;-). Good luck and a nice day.

FritzHugo3
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by FritzHugo3 »

robot256 wrote:
a dispatcher. If you really want the look of lemmings scampering every which way, take a look at the Transport Drones mod! Little trucks driving on roads every which way.
OH! This looks like realy cool. i thought first the bots goes like the flying bots over all crossing all. But no, the have roads (like train tracks or not)? Mhh very interesting mod. I think i will test it for some parts of my plant Base (Maybe to bring the ores from the other islands to my cargo ships or somthing else). The question is, how performant this mod is? Have anybody playeed with it?

Edit: Oh how great, you save us so dam many spaces of land with this drones instead a trainsystem. Dam why i dont kno this mod before i have build what i have know. But all destroing - no. I thing i made seperate bases at some islands with this robots. (Please let this mod be performant)
AND, the robots go not like the flying Bots cros all other chests, the transport drive drones are at one chest and this is exact what i like I HAVE THE FULL CONTROLL over this guys. All blue chests need her own drones, this is so great. (The same what i want for my train stations. Every Station Recource incoming/product outcomming have an own train). I hope so much there are trucks for fluids too.

EDIT: have see there are other mods like this transport drones, mhh very interesting for the next project. No Nanos, more bots ;-) ).

(For Concurrent Train Restriction, im not sure but i mean i have had this mod for two years for a test - its work but to much fumble for me for a big mega base).

DAM why so many fishing websites on google if you search anything with factorio, so stupid. Cant report all.

robot256
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by robot256 »

FritzHugo3 wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:45 pm
robot256 wrote:
a dispatcher. If you really want the look of lemmings scampering every which way, take a look at the Transport Drones mod! Little trucks driving on roads every which way.
OH! This looks like realy cool. i thought first the bots goes like the flying bots over all crossing all. But no, the have roads (like train tracks or not)? Mhh very interesting mod.
Glad you like it! Nilaus has a series on YouTube where he uses nothing but Transport Drones in a Krastorio 2 megabase. It does work at large scale. The drones can only drive on the roads, but they can go anywhere in the road network.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... DuIlmiWUcw

Return to “Gameplay Help”