Updated to v16 today and all ore infinite

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Updated to v16 today and all ore infinite

Post by kingarthur »

ya so i updated factorio to .16 today and updated mod list. i started a new game and noticed that outside of the default rail world starting area all ore patches are infinite ores and not a single regular patch. is that intended or some kinda bug?

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Updated to v16 today and all ore infinite

Post by orzelek »

It looks like something went wrong in migrating mod settings.
Try going to mod settings and look there for infinite ores option or just reset them and set up from scratch.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

orzelek wrote:It looks like something went wrong in migrating mod settings.
Try going to mod settings and look there for infinite ores option or just reset them and set up from scratch.
oh alright. i keep forgetting thats a thing now. ill play with the settings later then

mtilsted
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mtilsted »

orzelek wrote:It looks like something went wrong in migrating mod settings.
I have the same issue. I have installed Bobs and Angels mods with the exception of Bio Precessing.

Smething like 80% of all minerals areas outside the starting area are infinite. I did reset my mod settings before creating a new map, and all ore patch settings show default values in the create map settings thing.

Is there a specific specific setting to control ration of normal to infinite areas?

I am playing with the newest Factorio (0.16.12)

Just an updated observation:
When doing a "Reset" of settings, the infinite ore goes to frequency "normal" and size is set to "normal". This is the same settings as all other ores, which I don't suppose is how it should be. Should infinite ore not be less frequent and smaller then normal ores?

And also: Even when setting the size to "Very small", the infinite ore patches are as big as normal ore patches.

mtilsted
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mtilsted »

I think something is not working with the frequency settings. Here is a mapstring for a map, containing only rubyte(Set to very high frequency) and infinite rubyte(set to very low frequency).

But If I load it in the sandbox, and then just scroll up, and count the number of different patches, there are as many "ruby patches" as there are "infinite ruby patches". Which seems wrong, given one is set to very low, and the other to very high frequency.

If I reverse it, so "Rubyte" is set to very low, and "Infinite rubyte" is set to very high, something like 90% of all patches are infinite ruby.

>>>eNpjYBBg4GFgYGBmFudLzEtPzSnWTcssLi4tSmVmYBaCiuQllpQW
JebopicWA0W5oaL5RamGqFwjVK4xKtcElWvKyozMNQPKsiTnJ+YAac7
kotKUVN38TBCHLSW1OLWohJmZmSUlE0xzpeal5lbqJiUWpwJ5rOlFic
XFQIZIZl5aZl5mSaouqgOxiRvhEDfGIW6CQ9yUEbu9IN/wwsWh3mIpT
sxLAbm4pCg1FeRiBkYtYNA3tMiB8f96BoP//0EYyLoAlABhUNQwMAIF
YIA1OSczLY2BQcERhBkZGatF1rk/rJpizwiR13OAMj5ARSJ2Q0UetEI
ZEauhjI7DUIbDfBijHsbod2A0BoPP9ggGxK4SoMlQSzgcEAyIZAtIkp
Gx9+3WBd+PXbBj/LPy4yXfpAR7xkzZUF+B0vd2QEl2oAZGJjgxayYI7
IT5gAFm5gN7qNRNe8azZ0DgjT0jK0iHCIhwsAASB7yBwSPAB2Qt6AES
CjIMMKfZwYwRcWBMA4NvMJ88hjEu26P7Q8WB0QZkuByIOAEiwBbCXcY
IZUY6QCQkEbJArUYMyNanIDx3EmbjYSSr0dygAnODiQMWL6CJqCAFPB
fInhQ48YIZ7ghgCF5gh/GAccvMgAAf7B/W6T0HACgD3RA=<<<

mtilsted
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mtilsted »

Infinite ore is also buggy without any other mods. If you install it alone with 0.16.12 and generate a map with all standard settings, 90% of coal, iron stone and copper will be infinite ore.

But that got me thinking. Playing on a map where all ores not in starting area are infinite ores might be an interesting challenge since it will require interesting liquids as soon as I expand out of the starting area. Maybe I will try that, together with my "No containers of any kind" rules :)

Return to “Angels Mods”