Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Problem with plastics

Post by KiwiHawk »

Nerby wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:25 am
I want to produce Orange Boards, which need Cellulose Fiber and Liquid Plastic. The problem is with liquid plastic: the Plastic 1 techonology may be unlocked only with orange circuits, which of course are made with orange boards ... and this makes makes a tech loop. Also, it isn't clear the purpose of the Plastics technology, which unlocks Plastic Bars and Pipes, but plastic bar is not doable until we have liquid plastic: why is this technology so early, if it cannot be used at all?

I must confess that there may be way out of this (I'm using the conditional because I did not test it, yet), which is via Bio-Plastics technology: with the liquid plastic that I can produce in this way, I can then craft enough orange boards to unlock the Plastics 1 and subsequent technologies.

Still the unclarity above remains: what is the purpose of the Plastics tech?
Researching either Bio-plastics 1 or Swamp arboretum 1 will give you a recipe for liquid plastic. These techs both use Green science analyzers so you shouldn't be stuck!
BioPlastic.png
BioPlastic.png (183.03 KiB) Viewed 406 times
Ideally, you would only be able to research Plastics tech after researching one or the other of these two. However *OR* prerequires aren't currently possible so we invert the order and made the liquid plastic techs depend on Plastics.

I understand that this can be confusing. We've investigated other options and believe this is the best option (for now).
Dev for Bob's mods, Angel's mods, Helmod, Sea Block, Circuit Processing, Science Cost Tweaker.

Buy me a coffee

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Missing Recipes from Sintering oven

Post by KiwiHawk »

cosstrig wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:17 am
I have reached the point that I have managed to mix cobalt powder and Tungsten powder to Tungsten powder mixture to create tungsten plates.
My Sintering oven is completely empty. when I click on it a window pop up saying "No recipes available".
I've not been able to reproduce this. Can you upload a save file please?

The Tungsten Plate sintering recipe should have been unlocked at the same time as the Tungsten powder mixture recipe.
Dev for Bob's mods, Angel's mods, Helmod, Sea Block, Circuit Processing, Science Cost Tweaker.

Buy me a coffee

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by KiwiHawk »

TruePoosh wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 12:23 pm
the gravitational analyzer not having in the description that It's obtained by launching a satellite, almost made me quit, because I thought it was unobtainable and that the mod was bugged
Good point, thanks! I'll get this updated.
TruePoosh wrote:
additionally, another non game-breaking bug, the "intelligence repository" that spawns near the crashed ship, can't be placed when you mine it, so it stays in your inventory but can't be placed anywhere.
The Intelligence Repository is required to craft Tech archive 1. How have you managed to progress without crafting this? I'm confused 🤔
TruePoosh wrote:
also, why is "technology overhaul" in alpha status and "components overhaul" in beta status?
While they should both should be fully playable, they aren't as polished as we would like. Some of the higher tier blocks aren't used. Some tech probably aren't using the correct tier of analyzer. The devs who were doing the work on these overhauls have been busy with IRL commitments so there haven't been too many updates for a while.

Buy me a coffee

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

Chess wrote:
Thu May 16, 2024 4:07 am
Using the technology overhaul with the Space Extension Mod some of the techs still require Logistics Science Packs.

Only bug so far in 100 hours with the "alpha". I absolutely love the science this way.
I've not been able to reproduce this. Please create a new game, save it, then upload that save file so I can investigate for you.

Glad to hear that you're enjoying it!

Edit:
I've managed to reproduce the issue and have submitted a PR to SpaceMod to fix the issue. https://github.com/billbo99/SpaceMod/pull/1

Buy me a coffee

TruePoosh
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by TruePoosh »

The Intelligence Repository is required to craft Tech archive 1. How have you managed to progress without crafting this? I'm confused 🤔
yes, I can craft the "tech repository 1" right from the beginning using the "intelligence repository", the problem is, tech archive 1 uses electricity, and at the start there's no access to electricity

so It's mandatory to finish "basic technology", then I can craft "basic laboratory 1", which uses fuel, and thus I'm no longer tied to the "intelligence repository" ( because I can progress further using "basic laboratory 1" burning fuel )

so IMO, the tech repository 1 should use burnable fuel, or both elec + burnable

either that or the tech repository should be deployable

TruePoosh
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by TruePoosh »

either this is a bug/oversight, or am I missing something

I need "alien plant-life sample" to produce "gardens"

I need "gardens" to produce "alien plant-life sample"

If I need to keep walking around to find gardens and turn them into alien plant-life sample, the game is walking simulator now, because not even 300 hours of walking will find enough gardens to supplement all those research

?????????????????????

how am I gonna get enough "alien plant-life sample" to research my stuff?

please help because if I'm right, this is game breaking

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

TruePoosh wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 4:01 pm
I need "alien plant-life sample" to produce "gardens"

I need "gardens" to produce "alien plant-life sample"

how am I gonna get enough "alien plant-life sample" to research my stuff?
Explore the map to find your first couple of gardens. Then you should be able to automate production of them. The following recipes (or the other biome equivalents) should be researchable without using samples
SampleToGarden.png
SampleToGarden.png (94.56 KiB) Viewed 276 times
GardenToSample.png
GardenToSample.png (68.92 KiB) Viewed 276 times

Buy me a coffee

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

TruePoosh wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 12:02 am
yes, I can craft the "tech repository 1" right from the beginning using the "intelligence repository", the problem is, tech archive 1 uses electricity, and at the start there's no access to electricity

so It's mandatory to finish "basic technology", then I can craft "basic laboratory 1", which uses fuel, and thus I'm no longer tied to the "intelligence repository" ( because I can progress further using "basic laboratory 1" burning fuel )

so IMO, the tech repository 1 should use burnable fuel, or both elec + burnable

either that or the tech repository should be deployable
By default, electricity is available at the very start of the game. My guess is that you have the Burner power phase setting from Bob's Technology mod enabled? It locks electricity behind several researches. Also adds an item "Steam science pack" that really should be disabled and hidden.

Buy me a coffee

TruePoosh
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by TruePoosh »

yes, I don't have electricity right away, so I use the "intelligence repository" to unlock lab 1, which also uses burnable

my game has steam science pack in the craftables list, I can craft them, but they are not used by anything

and I can research electricity using angel's datacores/analyzers just fine

---------------------------------------------------------

yeah just as I feared, well I will need a total of about 50k plant-life samples, this whole process for just about 2 samples is insane

TruePoosh
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by TruePoosh »

KiwiHawk wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 6:59 am
btw, why is angel's exploration in alpha status? how's the difficulty compared to rampant, natural evolution, bob's enemies , death world, etc?

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

TruePoosh wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 3:02 am
btw, why is angel's exploration in alpha status? how's the difficulty compared to rampant, natural evolution, bob's enemies , death world, etc?
I didn't do any of the work on Exploration so can't comment too much about it sorry. The short answer is "Because it's not finished". There were plans to add significantly more content to it. Not sure if or when any of that will happen 🤷‍♂️

Buy me a coffee

Return to “Angels Mods”