Development and Discussion

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Development and Discussion

Post by steinio »

Just a little thought before I get to bed:

You made a flare stack for gases, a clarifier for liquids but nothing for solids. Maybe you have a nice graphic for the VoidChest.

Greetings steinio

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

No thanks i want BIG chests its looks conveniently :D

Any news about Petrochem mod? - its your main development task? isn't it? it is necessary to carefully consider the issue of overriding bob technologies? may be you'll put list of technologies which you are want to override? because bob mods works very stable? your mod works good too, but some improvements need to integrate to all this system - like resources from petrochem and some bob resources - now we need special valve for converting? may be its temporary solution?
Any news about mod with heavy pump - sounds intriguing - liquefy the angel ores? may be its new addition for crystal matrix or something? or may be part of smelting mod with molten metals?
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

Cyres
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Cyres »

aklesey1 wrote:No thanks i want BIG chests its looks conveniently :D

Any news about Petrochem mod? - its your main development task? isn't it? it is necessary to carefully consider the issue of overriding bob technologies? may be you'll put list of technologies which you are want to override? because bob mods works very stable? your mod works good too, but some improvements need to integrate to all this system - like resources from petrochem and some bob resources - now we need special valve for converting? may be its temporary solution?
Any news about mod with heavy pump - sounds intriguing - liquefy the angel ores? may be its new addition for crystal matrix or something? or may be part of smelting mod with molten metals?
Let me count your Question marks? Wow, 11 in 12 sentences? :lol: ;)

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

Arch666Angel wrote:
aklesey1 wrote:Ore silos can be used only for ores or its very big simple chest?
Wish I could do that, but isn't possible to filter chests without scripting.
So they are just stylized chests, graphical gimmicks nothing more.
hello author :) big please in ;) 2 mod - infiniteores - generate in original and you resources at once (bob and uranium. yuoki)

and question - you resource in codes work?

Code: Select all

/c game.regenerate_entity("angels-natural-gas")

Code: Select all

/c game.regenerate_entity("angels-ore4")
and ets

afk2minute
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by afk2minute »

Hi, is it possible to use petrochem mode without bob mods?
If im trying to do that i have an error on game launch "Error in assignID, item with name "bauxite-ore" does not exist".
Is there any way to avoid it?

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

afk2minute wrote:Hi, is it possible to use petrochem mode without bob mods?
If im trying to do that i have an error on game launch "Error in assignID, item with name "bauxite-ore" does not exist".
Many angel mods are based on bob mods but Arch66Angel is planing to separate his mods for some part from bob mods, he wrote about this

Daxter573
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Daxter573 »

How long till the 0.14 versions of your mods?

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Daxter573 wrote:How long till the 0.14 versions of your mods?
Probably later today.
No and I doubt petrochem will ever be a vanilla addition cause a big part of it makes no sense if you have nothing to require extra chemicals and chemical products.

---
New processing-machine

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Arch666Angel wrote: New processing-machine
Looks cool, all these new machines have realy cool hi-tech design 8-)

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

very nice! :)
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Peppe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Peppe »

Angels Refining + Yuoki's Mods
Not seeing a benefit past hydro refining? or did i do the math wrong?

Looking in foreman, so maybe it is wrong.

Goal was discover max ore I can get from 2400 Saphirite Ore per minute (one blue belt). Sorting the Saphirite at each level and sort all the outputs to get an ore count to compare.

Saphirite Ore -> Crushed Saphirite
Crushed Saphirite -> Sorting = 1920 ore + 600 slag -> 120 slurry (240 ore) = 2160 ore (no Yuoki ore - durotal)
Crushed Saphirite -> Hydro Refining -> Sorting = 2090 ore + 137 ore from slag = 2227 ore (343 durotal)
Crushed Saphirite -> Hydro Refining -> Chemical -> Sorting = 2133 ore + 107 ore from slag = 2240 ore (267 durotal)
Crushed Saphirite -> Hydro Refining -> Chemical -> Thermal = 2184 ore (240 durotal, no slag)

Odd to me that the ratio of durotal is going down and I seemed to have peaked at chemical instead of thermal? Also the drop in duratol is concerning because in Yuoki they are valued 2:1 to vanilla ores (10 duratol/nuatreel= 1 unicomp, 20 any vanilla ore/stone = 1 unicomp).

So if i was to convert everything to unicomp value then hydro refining gives me the most raw value. Unicomp ore value of stopping at each level would be:
Crushing - 2400
Hydro - 2707
Chemical - 2614
Thermal - 2424

Is the value in the extra chunks/crystals? Seems like fully refining every output has each of them generate 2400 total ore, with just the slag, amount of extra refining needed, and the amount of duratol being different, which would again favor stopping at hydro refining. Fully refining everything after first sort in unicomp value:
Crushing - 2520
hydro - 2880
Chemical - 2774
Thermal - 2640

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Keep in mind that refining is centered around working with bob's and that I added support for other mods as it made sense as I feel that Yuokis works well in the mix but ratios might be off if you calculate everything with yuoki values.
There are 4 ways to get Yuokis ores from refining:

1. The direct way through hydro refining saphirite and stiratite
2. crystallzing from mineral sludge
3. advanced recipe from combining multiple ores
4. treating the waste water from hydro refining to yuoki waste water

So Yuokis Mod has an additional way to get his ores compared to all other mods, although I think I need to increase the amount of waste water generated. I could even add a recipe to convert the slag from refining into yuokis slag, or/and change the waste treatment for yuokis to yield additional contaminated mud instead of sulphur.

Anything else you are right, the farther/more you refine the raw ores the less yield per ore type you get, thats the price for increasing the amount of ore types. So it is intended that you actually think about how far you want to refine the ores and what kind of output you desire. What you have overlooked is the chain to turn geodes into additional mineral sludge if desired, so the output of the hydro stage is even greater than you determined

afk2minute
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by afk2minute »

Arch666Angel wrote:
Daxter573 wrote:How long till the 0.14 versions of your mods?
Probably later today.
No and I doubt petrochem will ever be a vanilla addition cause a big part of it makes no sense if you have nothing to require extra chemicals and chemical products.

---
New processing-machine
Ahhh ok, i just wanted some more recipes of plastic.

new animation looks great.
Is it new animation for ore crusher or something completly different?
Last edited by afk2minute on Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Peppe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Peppe »

I don't think I have seen a geode recipe in game. Depend on Bob's?

Thanks for the reply. In game I just got through most blue science tech and some alien tech. have enjoyed the early and now mid game quite a bit.

I was planning the full base/train scale builds and it is actually pretty cool that the tiers exist independent of each other and have tradeoffs. If the next tier was better in all ways then you would just always build them. But if hydro fits for certain goals on the world gen ores and deeper refining fits other goals it makes sense the way it is.

I like your slag to slurry to crystalizer process to get more ores of the type you need/want. Your slag and his don't feel like they overlap. I imagine you would have to produce 10x more yuoki's slag than your slag if you used as a replacement, which would be a headache to route in a sorting setup.

Haven't tried the waste water out yet, so not sure on the yuoki's integration, but I'll comment if I spot any weirdness.

Your output ratios actually make me use Yuoki's ore conversion recipes when a need something quick, which is a good thing I think as normal world gen I almost never have a need or use for it.. So I think how much you get is tuned well at least to the point I am at. I see the other avenues to also convert using your advanced recipe which gives value to all the ores. Lots of interesting problems and tools to solve them, which is all you can ask for in a game.

Good stuff, thanks for making the mod!

aeros1
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by aeros1 »

Hmm if I am correct the proper name is "bobs-bauxite-ore" It is possible to fix yourself, just open bobs ores in archive and finde bauxite, than replace in angel's mods all names "bauxite-ore" to correct ones under name="..." from bob's mods.
Fixing heavypump.png not found direct dependency was harder. Had to replace with other asset to run petrochem.
Peppe wrote:I don't think I have seen a geode recipe in game. Depend on Bob's?

Thanks for the reply. In game I just got through most blue science tech and some alien tech. have enjoyed the early and now mid game quite a bit.

I was planning the full base/train scale builds and it is actually pretty cool that the tiers exist independent of each other and have tradeoffs. If the next tier was better in all ways then you would just always build them. But if hydro fits for certain goals on the world gen ores and deeper refining fits other goals it makes sense the way it is.

I like your slag to slurry to crystalizer process to get more ores of the type you need/want. Your slag and his don't feel like they overlap. I imagine you would have to produce 10x more yuoki's slag than your slag if you used as a replacement, which would be a headache to route in a sorting setup.

Haven't tried the waste water out yet, so not sure on the yuoki's integration, but I'll comment if I spot any weirdness.

Your output ratios actually make me use Yuoki's ore conversion recipes when a need something quick, which is a good thing I think as normal world gen I almost never have a need or use for it.. So I think how much you get is tuned well at least to the point I am at. I see the other avenues to also convert using your advanced recipe which gives value to all the ores. Lots of interesting problems and tools to solve them, which is all you can ask for in a game.

Good stuff, thanks for making the mod!
Yup it is bob's mod dependency. You get geodes for gem processing. Shame you can't drain crystal slurry or in general some useless crystal mess into clarifier. Though I fished there was some usage for amethist. Most useless stone, maybe some usage in catalists. Hmm maybe it is already in processing.

Wildejackson
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Wildejackson »

When I try to download the Petrochem Mod, github just redirects me to "404 Page not found" this has been the case for a while now and I cannot download the mod. I have no clue why this is happening to me (I assume its just me because everyone seems to be playing with it), but is it possible to look into why this is happening, or perhaps drop me a PM? Thanks Angel.

afk2minute
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by afk2minute »

Wildejackson wrote:When I try to download the Petrochem Mod, github just redirects me to "404 Page not found" this has been the case for a while now and I cannot download the mod. I have no clue why this is happening to me (I assume its just me because everyone seems to be playing with it), but is it possible to look into why this is happening, or perhaps drop me a PM? Thanks Angel.
I had the same problem but its easily can be avoided by removing part of that link reducing it to
https://github.com/Arch666Angel/angelsp ... s/releases

(without /download/.... part)

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

Arch666Angel wrote:Keep in mind that refining is centered around working with bob's and that I added support for other mods as it made sense as I feel that Yuokis works well in the mix but ratios might be off if you calculate everything with yuoki values.
There are 4 ways to get Yuokis ores from refining:

1. The direct way through hydro refining saphirite and stiratite
2. crystallzing from mineral sludge
3. advanced recipe from combining multiple ores
4. treating the waste water from hydro refining to yuoki waste water
I have a question one, you ignore me!
but I ask again the question of how you can detach from a resource such as the Youki Bob resources
I want to produce standard and your other resources, too, that would be your resources and resources from the bean and Yuki

у меня вопрос друг, вы меня игнорите!
но задам еще раз вопрос, как можно открепить ресурс такой как от Youki Bob ресурсы,
я хочу стандартно добывать другие ресурсы и твои тоже, что бы и твои ресурсы были и ресурсы от боба и юки

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Airat9000 wrote: I have a question one, you ignore me!
but I ask again the question of how you can detach from a resource such as the Youki Bob resources
I want to produce standard and your other resources, too, that would be your resources and resources from the bean and Yuki

у меня вопрос друг, вы меня игнорите!
но задам еще раз вопрос, как можно открепить ресурс такой как от Youki Bob ресурсы,
я хочу стандартно добывать другие ресурсы и твои тоже, что бы и твои ресурсы были и ресурсы от боба и юки
Sry I have a very hard time to understand you and figure out what you mean, english is a second language for me as well you know.

If you want all the resources to exist in the world you need to comment out the overrides/deletes in angelsinfiniteores/data-final-fixes or delete the whole file.

Return to “Angels Mods”