Development and Discussion

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Diedel
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Development and Discussion

Post by Diedel »

YookoS wrote:
Diedel wrote:So, after starting a new game to try the angelslogistics a bit in 0.15 i am wondering if i am not supposed to or to stupid to mine uranium ore. I tried bobs only and the ore mining works fine, but if i add angels i just can't get it working. Is it supposed to not work, as i can get uranium ore in different other ways or is something wrong ? What i can see is that there is slightly different writing, the acid on the ore is with lower case "A", the one acid itself is with upper case "A", as there seems to be a "liquid-sulfuric-acid" and a "sulfuric-acid", but i can't find out what is wrong. (running all bobs and agenls mods that are out for 0.15 + angels logistics and compomnents)
Got the same issue, just convert the angel's acid in the vanilla acid with the converter-valve of the PetroChem mod. Works fine for me.
Going to try it, i tried changing the required liquid in the generator for the ore and one time it actually change to upper case A, but still didn't work and now i can't even get that working.

But the main thing is testing the logistics, never tried that before.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Light wrote:If the vanilla method is to be used from now on, then the vanilla barrels will need an update. They're impossible to tell apart.

Inventory barrel icons:

The nice icons from the barreling tab:

Angel + Vanilla barrel of the same chemicals on the belt:

If the barreling tab icons can be used in some way, that would make for a good global mod for everyone to use, if someone wants to work on that.
Working on that
exp_barrel.png
exp_barrel.png (545.94 KiB) Viewed 6973 times
Diedel wrote:So, after starting a new game to try the angelslogistics a bit in 0.15 i am wondering if i am not supposed to or to stupid to mine uranium ore. I tried bobs only and the ore mining works fine, but if i add angels i just can't get it working. Is it supposed to not work, as i can get uranium ore in different other ways or is something wrong ? What i can see is that there is slightly different writing, the acid on the ore is with lower case "A", the one acid itself is with upper case "A", as there seems to be a "liquid-sulfuric-acid" and a "sulfuric-acid", but i can't find out what is wrong. (running all bobs and agenls mods that are out for 0.15 + angels logistics and compomnents)
Slight oversight, I added a fix for that to petrochem, in addition it will react to the "enable-acid-override" option and add some other acids to mining.
Airat9000 wrote:find bug

not technology in game
example codes in old game worked??

old map.

new map - worked. ((
Which technology are you missing? The barreling? Are you using the latest versions of both Petrochem and Refining? It should auto reset, but you might need to reset_recipes and reset_technologies by hand

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

author please
What are the codes? To reset, I can not in any way reset other codes .. here earlier the topic ..
/c game.player.force.reset_recipes()
/c game.player.force.reset_technologies()

not work!!
Tried 0 effects

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=46127
2017-05-10_15-04-17.jpg
2017-05-10_15-04-17.jpg (266.22 KiB) Viewed 6970 times
2017-05-10_15-04-38.jpg
2017-05-10_15-04-38.jpg (442.37 KiB) Viewed 6970 times

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Airat9000 wrote:author please
What are the codes? To reset, I can not in any way reset other codes .. here earlier the topic ..

not work!!
Tried 0 effects

Mod versions?

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

Arch666Angel wrote:
Airat9000 wrote:author please

not work!!
Tried 0 effects

Mod versions?
Attachments
2017-05-10_15-13-20.jpg
2017-05-10_15-13-20.jpg (25.38 KiB) Viewed 6961 times

TheDoctor89
Inserter
Inserter

Post by TheDoctor89 »

I can confirm Airat9000's post. I have also tried both commands and it hasn't helped. The barrel/fluid technology doesn't show up.

Running the latest available versions of your mod.
Attachments
explorer_2017-05-10_14-34-59.png
explorer_2017-05-10_14-34-59.png (5.91 KiB) Viewed 6952 times

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Try /c game.player.force.technologies["fluid-handling"].enabled = true

I'll include that to the migration

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

Arch666Angel wrote:Try /c game.player.force.technologies["fluid-handling"].enabled = true

thanks work code

idea
But it would still be better if the codes worked as the default ..

Ashprinny
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Ashprinny »

Angel; just so you know; I tried BOTH commands in my game but it didnt work...the command to enable the barreling pump made it show up but no recipes could be selected. The command to enable Fluid handling showed all the valves, and both pumps but NOT the recipes for making them (well barreling the fluid from the pump to be precise) nor did the recipes show up in th barreling pump.

I Fixed it by using the inverse command FIRST (disabling the already completed fluid handling tech) and THEN using it again (enabling it back again) and THAT did work....

However; using commands disabled my ingame achievs and I specifically reset mine to see how much of an influence a mod like yours has on the speed of my game :'(
Gee I sure hate having to start over again.....NOT!!!

npuldon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by npuldon »

ArchAngel,

How do I revert the size of the icons that appears on your warehouses to show the content(from the map view) to scale to the size of the warehouse like they were in V0.14 (4 icons max per warehouse). In V0.15 they are VERY small and hard to see easily from the map mode.

Can this be done easily for all yours/everyone's modded containers? Maybe a mod config option for this?

Thank you so much for your help!

TheDoctor89
Inserter
Inserter

Post by TheDoctor89 »

Arch666Angel wrote:Try /c game.player.force.technologies["fluid-handling"].enabled = true

This code worked and allowed me to research it. Fluid Handling researched and works like before. Thank you.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

There might be a bit of puzzling configuration possible with infinite ores and RSO.
You can disable all the normal ores and leave all infinite ones enabled.

This is accepted by RSO since it assumes that infinite ore has finite counterpart to spawn it. With all finite ones disabled nothing will spawn at all.
I'm currently a little at a loss how to fix this case. Any preferences on waht you'd like to happen in this case?

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

orzelek wrote:There might be a bit of puzzling configuration possible with infinite ores and RSO.
You can disable all the normal ores and leave all infinite ones enabled.

This is accepted by RSO since it assumes that infinite ore has finite counterpart to spawn it. With all finite ones disabled nothing will spawn at all.
I'm currently a little at a loss how to fix this case. Any preferences on waht you'd like to happen in this case?
In the end, its more about what the user must perceives when he uses the options then what the mod dev intends the final result to be.
Since you cant(I think you cant) make some options dependable of others, so you could disable the infinite ores if normal are disabled I think its an easy solution.

If only infinite ores are enables, all ore fields should be fully infinite, since that is what the player expects and pretty sure intends to do when he changes the configs that way!

If you could create option dependencies, then you could have the options layed out in a way that the user would understand that infinite ores requires the normal ores. Since you cant...

MiniHerc
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MiniHerc »

Will this be in a mod update soonish? I have a save that's around 15 hours in and I'd rather not use a command to fix it since it'll disable achievements. And I'd rather not have to start over... time to just set my modded game to use a specific version and only update when nothing's gonna break like this.

Diedel
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Diedel »

I have a weird problem and i just can't figure out why it is happening now. All the petrochem valves, except for the converted one, only have 2 directions, west and south, with one looking like it is sinking in the ground. I only tried bob+angel and have the same, though i am sure they had 4 directions a few days ago. I checked for differences between 0.5.1 and 0.5.2, but none look suspicious.

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kinnom »

Diedel wrote:I have a weird problem and i just can't figure out why it is happening now. All the petrochem valves, except for the converted one, only have 2 directions, west and south, with one looking like it is sinking in the ground. I only tried bob+angel and have the same, though i am sure they had 4 directions a few days ago. I checked for differences between 0.5.1 and 0.5.2, but none look suspicious.
A mistake made in factorio 0.15.10. It will be fixed in 0.15.11
no yes yes no yes no yes yes

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

kinnom wrote:
Diedel wrote:I have a weird problem and i just can't figure out why it is happening now. All the petrochem valves, except for the converted one, only have 2 directions, west and south, with one looking like it is sinking in the ground. I only tried bob+angel and have the same, though i am sure they had 4 directions a few days ago. I checked for differences between 0.5.1 and 0.5.2, but none look suspicious.
A mistake made in factorio 0.15.10. It will be fixed in 0.15.11
Source of this?

Because what I have seen is that the 'storage-tank' entities now have a new tag that needs to be set to false so it can rotate 4 ways...

Edit: Just found Rsending post on reddit, that this value should be false by default. Does not say anything about being fixed next version but I think its safe to assume so.

Mad Mephit
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Mad Mephit »

Something seems to have broken in the transition from Refining 0.7.4 to current.

With 0.7.5, as already reported in this thread, the game simply couldn't load without Petrochem:
Failed to load mods: Error in assignID, item-subgroup with name 'petrochem-well-head' does not exist.

Source: heavy-pump (item).

Mods to be disabled:
* angelsrefining
However, skipping to newer versions, although the game itself loads, I can't load a save that was running with Refining 0.7.4.

If I try to run with Refining 0.7.6, I get:
Error while applying migration: Angel's Refining: angelsrefining_0.7.5.lua

__angelsrefining__/migrations/angelsrefining_0.7.5.lua:6: attempt to index field 'angels-fluid-barreling' (a nil value)
With 0.7.7, the error is the exact same except that 0.7.5 in the error is replaced with 0.7.6.

The game was started without Petrochem and has almost 72 hours sunk into it; I really don't want to throw it away without at least launching a rocket just to beat my head against that particular wall. Is there any way to get it to work with the up-to-date versions?

Mobius1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mobius1 »

Mad Mephit, your current version is 0.7.4 and you're updating straight to 0.7.7? Please post your versions of refining, infiniteores and petrochem so I could be able to help you out.

Mad Mephit
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Mad Mephit »

Mobius1 wrote:Mad Mephit, your current version is 0.7.4 and you're updating straight to 0.7.7? Please post your versions of refining, infiniteores and petrochem so I could be able to help you out.
Two of those three I've already covered - Refining I've tried versions from 0.7.5 to 0.7.7 when upgrading from a save at 0.7.4. As already stated, I don't HAVE Petrochem, which is why 0.7.5 wouldn't work so I couldn't try to do a step-by-step upgrade.

I am running Infinite Ores 0.6.6; had to roll back to that version as the latest depended in turn on the new versions of Refining.

I am also running (among others unrelated) Bob's Mods: Assembly 0.15.3, Electronics 0.15.0, Greenhouse 0.15.1, Inserters 0.15.0, Library 0.15.5, Logistics 0.15.4, Mining 0.15.2, Modules 0.15.3, Ores 0.15.4, Plates 0.15.4, Power 0.15.3, Vehicle Equipment 0.15.0, Warfare 0.15.1.

Return to “Angels Mods”