Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

aeros1
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by aeros1 »

aklesey1 wrote:Little bug with Petrochem - converting recipies from conveter pipes lost in 0.14 - i donno why :shock:
As i wrote before, Arch66Angel may be u can override bob's resources which are straight analog for angel resources from petrochem mod in recipies, don't offend on me but we can get many, we can obtain a lot of inconvenience because of the confusion in the resources, converter pipe is interesting idea, but it is not mandatory i think it can be optional - use or not
Did they lost it, or they are just invisible? Because as far as I know he made recipes invisible because you are not required to select them in order to use them. In fact I would hide most all sorting recipes to clean up tabs.(for refining mod) After all sorting recipes depend on what ore you sort, so they could work in same way if it is possible. And in order to leave hint to player what to do in game the rifined ores could contain hint "can be sorted in sorter for ore or refined farther in... with...) Try to use converter on naphta or mineral oils. Same with refining come to think it aside first green recipe which requires three ores(which also can be refined in different path) all refining ores are straight forward.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Please don't let me read a book to understand refining in your mod.
The recipes helped a lot as they are.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

aeros1 wrote:
aklesey1 wrote:Little bug with Petrochem - converting recipies from conveter pipes lost in 0.14 - i donno why :shock:
As i wrote before, Arch66Angel may be u can override bob's resources which are straight analog for angel resources from petrochem mod in recipies, don't offend on me but we can get many, we can obtain a lot of inconvenience because of the confusion in the resources, converter pipe is interesting idea, but it is not mandatory i think it can be optional - use or not
Did they lost it, or they are just invisible? Because as far as I know he made recipes invisible because you are not required to select them in order to use them. In fact I would hide most all sorting recipes to clean up tabs.(for refining mod) After all sorting recipes depend on what ore you sort, so they could work in same way if it is possible. And in order to leave hint to player what to do in game the rifined ores could contain hint "can be sorted in sorter for ore or refined farther in... with...) Try to use converter on naphta or mineral oils. Same with refining come to think it aside first green recipe which requires three ores(which also can be refined in different path) all refining ores are straight forward.
I just fixed info.json, because this mod not updated for 0.14 officially? may be recipies are invisible
Last edited by aklesey1 on Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

You may have changed the setting in the config where you can hide the recipes.

Also as I stated elsewhere it's not JUST replacing bobs fluids and recipes, I have looked into it and believe me it is a shit ton of work to replace and update on all of the items, recipes and techs.
aeros1 wrote:
Hiding recipes in this way only really works with a furnace type entity which selects automatically the recipe it runs based on the input and the input/recipes there are limited to single input recipes, for everything else you need the ability to select the recipes.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Okey may be u can override only carbon and sodium hydroxide from pertochem? Because its looks like sulfur from petrochem is overrided - its has new icon exactly
I'm asked about overriding because bob did overriding for vanilla when he maked his mods? all begans from electonics, now he did Revamp mod and he tells that's it hust begigning

By the way - using CMH mod +Bob Revamp + another bob mods gives very interesting oil refinering recipies with sulfur dioxide ;) but we still need vanilla water :( , not another water from angel mods :|

aeros1
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by aeros1 »

Arch666Angel wrote:...
Also as I stated elsewhere it's not JUST replacing bobs fluids and recipes, I have looked into it and believe me it is a shit ton of work to replace and update on all of the items, recipes and techs.

Umm as far as I remember bob electronics replaces it's recipes mostly automatic. Ah found bob library even has function written and if you use bob mods already you might as well use functions. It provides for replacement.
"bobmods.lib.recipe.replace_ingredient"

You may see correct sintaxis in bob electronics where he replaces standard circuits to his own in recipes. in "data-final-fixes".

hatter0
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by hatter0 »

Hi. I'm having trouble getting Infinite Ores to work without RSO. With RSO, it spawns little infinite patches in the ore, but if i remove RSO, as well as set angelsmods.ores.enablersomode in the config file to false, i no longer get them. I have also tried using it with angelsores-disablersomode_0.1.1.zip to no avail. Any ideas?

This is with just angelsinfiniteores_0.4.0.zip active in the mod menu on game version 0.14.2.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

hatter0 wrote:Hi. I'm having trouble getting Infinite Ores to work without RSO. With RSO, it spawns little infinite patches in the ore, but if i remove RSO, as well as set angelsmods.ores.enablersomode in the config file to false, i no longer get them. I have also tried using it with angelsores-disablersomode_0.1.1.zip to no avail. Any ideas?

This is with just angelsinfiniteores_0.4.0.zip active in the mod menu on game version 0.14.2.
You will get them as individual patches, without RSO the regular and infinite ores are no longer combined to be one patch also the infinite oes are much rarer than the regular ones.

hatter0
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by hatter0 »

Arch666Angel wrote:
hatter0 wrote:Hi. I'm having trouble getting Infinite Ores to work without RSO. With RSO, it spawns little infinite patches in the ore, but if i remove RSO, as well as set angelsmods.ores.enablersomode in the config file to false, i no longer get them. I have also tried using it with angelsores-disablersomode_0.1.1.zip to no avail. Any ideas?

You will get them as individual patches, without RSO the regular and infinite ores are no longer combined to be one patch also the infinite oes are much rarer than the regular ones.
Oh, okay. Is there a way to up the chance of an infinite ore spawning for testing? I do get infinite ore additions in the world generation menu and setting the normal ores to size none nets an oreless map. Walked pretty far in one direction with no ore signs too.

Edit: So after some trial and error. The latest version i could find infinite ores, without RSO was angelsinfiniteores_0.3.4 (for game version 0.13) on Factorio game version 0.13.19

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

hatter0 wrote:
Arch666Angel wrote:

Oh, okay. Is there a way to up the chance of an infinite ore spawning for testing? I do get infinite ore additions in the world generation menu and setting the normal ores to size none nets an oreless map. Walked pretty far in one direction with no ore signs too.

Edit: So after some trial and error. The latest version i could find infinite ores, without RSO was angelsinfiniteores_0.3.4 (for game version 0.13) on Factorio game version 0.13.19
The infinite versions do show up in the generation menu when there is RSO and you have set the config to RSOmode = false?

hatter0
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by hatter0 »

Arch666Angel wrote:
hatter0 wrote:
Arch666Angel wrote:

The infinite versions do show up in the generation menu when there is RSO and you have set the config to RSOmode = false?
Yeh. With RSO installed and the config set to false, they show up in the generation menu, as well as in game. I'm kinda hoping it can be played without RSO though. The increased distances between ores aren't my thing.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Then reduce region size in RSO and/or increase resource spawn chance in the config? :) If that isn't enough activate multi resource spawns in RSO, at this point the map should be cluttered :P

And without RSO? Do they show up? And which version are you on? 0.13 or 0.14?

hatter0
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by hatter0 »

Arch666Angel wrote:Then reduce region size in RSO and/or increase resource spawn chance in the config? :) If that isn't enough activate multi resource spawns in RSO, at this point the map should be cluttered :P

Without RSO they don't show up at all with angelsinfiniteores_0.4.0.zip active in the mod menu on game version 0.14.2 (with angelsmods.ores.enablersomode on false).

I'll take the suggestion though of just activating RSO anyway and change some of the settings so it feels closer to vanilla.

On a side question, when the infinite ores are listed as a yield instead of a quantity, does that mean they behave like crude oil where the output slows down the longer you tap it?

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

hatter0 wrote:
Arch666Angel wrote:Then reduce region size in RSO and/or increase resource spawn chance in the config? :) If that isn't enough activate multi resource spawns in RSO, at this point the map should be cluttered :P

Without RSO they don't show up at all with angelsinfiniteores_0.4.0.zip active in the mod menu on game version 0.14.2 (with angelsmods.ores.enablersomode on false).

I'll take the suggestion though of just activating RSO anyway and change some of the settings so it feels closer to vanilla.

On a side question, when the infinite ores are listed as a yield instead of a quantity, does that mean they behave like crude oil where the output slows down the longer you tap it?
Have to look into it then, because I haven't changed anything between versions.

They do drop in yield but the behavior is a bit different with ores, because they cant exist as fractions like liquid resources can.

aeros1
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by aeros1 »

Arch666Angel wrote:
hatter0 wrote:

Have to look into it then, because I haven't changed anything between versions.

They do drop in yield but the behavior is a bit different with ores, because they cant exist as fractions like liquid resources can.
To elaborate. Mining drill has power and speed. In general speed is how fast cycle happens, and power how much ore drawn from cycle(and it ore power substracted from it) So basically you get ore as soon as total mined ore gets to 1. So if you have 1% of ore yield with power of 12 and ore power of 2 - mining drill would have to run 10 cycles to give you 1 ore. Btw it works same way as liquids, just game doesn't shows fraction of ore. Though not completely sure how changing recipes mining building and such has effect on data.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

I fully support your ideas, the way it would be necessary even with the optimization work, and it would be great))

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

I still hurts one question - how to get lithia water except from thermal water
When i played with bob mods i could use vanilla water to start lithia chain production, but now i need thermal water from fissure, and after long time my fissure will get small count of lithia water and then lithia water production will start to slow down until I reach very low values

I'm in a tight war with bitters and i need more laser turrets and combat robots, so i need many lithium batteries

credomane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by credomane »

Angel's Refining does not depend on Angel's Infinite Ores in the info.json file. However Angel's Refining depends on the Angel's fissures provided by Angel's Infinite Ores.

This can result in Factorio failing to start if you do what I did; which is disable infinite ores but missed disabling refining.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

credomane wrote:Angel's Refining does not depend on Angel's Infinite Ores in the info.json file. However Angel's Refining depends on the Angel's fissures provided by Angel's Infinite Ores.

This can result in Factorio failing to start if you do what I did; which is disable infinite ores but missed disabling refining.
i posted that on mod page already 3 days ago. but not sure what angel is reading more ...

current dependencies are
"dependencies": ["base >= 0.14.0", "? angelssmelting >= 0.1.0", "? bobplates >= 0.13.1", "? bobconfig >= 0.13.0", "? bobores >= 0.13.0", "? Yuoki >= 0.2.40", "? UraniumPower >= 0.6.4", "? Nucular >= 0.2.0"]

should be (not sure about oreversion)

"dependencies": ["base >= 0.14.0", "angelsinfiniteores >= 0.1.0", "? angelssmelting >= 0.1.0", "? bobplates >= 0.13.1", "? bobconfig >= 0.13.0", "? bobores >= 0.13.0", "? Yuoki >= 0.2.40", "? UraniumPower >= 0.6.4", "? Nucular >= 0.2.0"]

also some other person reported issue with "Error in assignID. item with name 'basic-circuit-board' does not exist"

which looks like there is dependency on bobelectronics

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

You forgot the optional DarkMatter mod.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Return to “Angels Mods”