Angels refining

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Fatag
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Angels refining

Post by Fatag »

My Angels refining Is presenting this error "sprite outside of "_angelsrefining_/graphics/icons/void.png" (at 63,63, size 1x1 of 32x32)" wtf?

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Angels refining

Post by Arch666Angel »

Delete the crop-cache in your factorio folder. Seems to be a common error with my latest update

Fatag
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Fatag »

I delete crop-cache in appdata/Factorio but not work

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

The confusing message means: the game has loaded image 32x32, but some prototype has registered sprite that wants to use 1x1 rectangle at position 63x63, which is completely outside of the actual image.

However icons have hardcoded sizes (in 0.14 item groups: 64x64, technologies: 64x64 for mods unless icon_size is specified, achievements: 128x128, all other icons: 32x32) and when loading sprites, the sprites are cropped to remove unnecessary pixels with 0 alpha. Normally if you use 32x32 icon were 64x64 is expected, cropping will adjust the expected rectangle to size 32x32 (or less). I guess cropping is applied on left side and top side of the sprite first, so if you have completely transparent image, it will "push" cropped sprite position to bottom left corner.

Conclusion: create void64.png of size 64x64 and use that for item group or technology icon.

Edit: Ah, Fatag is user of the mod, not developer :). Well, in that case delete the mod, enabled linear filtering for icons in graphics options and re-enable mod. That option (among other things) turns of cropping on icons

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

posila wrote:The confusing message means: the game has loaded image 32x32, but some prototype has registered sprite that wants to use 1x1 rectangle at position 63x63, which is completely outside of the actual image.

However icons have hardcoded sizes (in 0.14 item groups: 64x64, technologies: 64x64 for mods unless icon_size is specified, achievements: 128x128, all other icons: 32x32) and when loading sprites, the sprites are cropped to remove unnecessary pixels with 0 alpha. Normally if you use 32x32 icon were 64x64 is expected, cropping will adjust the expected rectangle to size 32x32 (or less). I guess cropping is applied on left side and top side of the sprite first, so if you have completely transparent image, it will "push" cropped sprite position to bottom left corner.

Conclusion: create void64.png of size 64x64 and use that for item group or technology icon.

Edit: Ah, Fatag is user of the mod, not developer :). Well, in that case delete the mod, enabled linear filtering for icons in graphics options and re-enable mod. That option (among other things) turns of cropping on icons
Good to know, the issue here might be that the icon (32x32 px) only consists of alpha pixels, so the engine probably tries to delete them all? I'll swap that icon for the next version.

Fatag
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Fatag »

posila wrote:The confusing message means: the game has loaded image 32x32, but some prototype has registered sprite that wants to use 1x1 rectangle at position 63x63, which is completely outside of the actual image.

This options is enabled and not work. I changed icon for 64x64 and work.

Return to “Angels Mods”