coke pellets

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

The Draf
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

coke pellets

Post by The Draf »

My supply of coal is rapidly diminishing so I want to make it last as long as possible by creating coal pellets. I can craft it personally but I can not find any machine capable of crafting it, what do I need to create coke pellets? I have coal research level 2.

solntcev
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: coke pellets

Post by solntcev »

When you hover cursor over recipe that you can't craft in hand, tooltip lists all machines capable of using this recipe.

The Draf
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by The Draf »

There are no machines listed in the tooltip.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

It's in the assembly machine after coal processing 2 is researched.

However, if I may make a personal suggestion if this is regarding using up coal quickly as a fuel source. The newly added brown algae is cheaply made with saline water, where 10 saline creates 8 alginic acid worth 25MJ each. This is a bit overpowered given the ease of making saline water, but would still be a potent way to keep everything fueled without burning the very valuable coal deposits.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Light wrote:It's in the assembly machine after coal processing 2 is researched.

However, if I may make a personal suggestion if this is regarding using up coal quickly as a fuel source. The newly added brown algae is cheaply made with saline water, where 10 saline creates 8 alginic acid worth 25MJ each. This is a bit overpowered given the ease of making saline water, but would still be a potent way to keep everything fueled without burning the very valuable coal deposits.
Ohhhhhh, the acid should not have a fuel value :D

The Draf
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by The Draf »

Thank you for your help. They were indeed available in the assembly machine. Could it be moved to the pellets machine instead?

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

I've looked into wood as another fuel alternative and here's what you could do if coal is very low. (I intend to use this from now on myself)

6 Raw Wood (24MJ) = 2 Wood Bricks (50MJ)
5 Coal (40MJ) = 2 Coke Pellets (60MJ)

With a greenhouse mod (Bobs or Bio-Industries) you can easily setup a wood burning method rather than a coal one, as wood is easier to obtain in large quantities than coal in the early game. Plus only red science is required as opposed to green.
Recipe Chain
Last edited by Light on Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Light wrote:I've looked into wood as another fuel alternative and here's what you could do if coal is very low. (I intend to use this from now on myself)

6 Raw Wood (12MJ) = 2 Wood Bricks (50MJ)
5 Coal (20MJ) = 2 Coke Pellets (60MJ)

With a greenhouse mod (Bobs or Bio-Industries) you can easily setup a wood burning method rather than a coal one, as wood is easier to obtain in large quantities than coal in the early game. Plus only red science is required as opposed to green.
Recipe Chain
Wood is 4 MJ each.
Coal is 8 MJ each.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

Arch666Angel wrote:
Light wrote:I've looked into wood as another fuel alternative and here's what you could do if coal is very low. (I intend to use this from now on myself)

6 Raw Wood (12MJ) = 2 Wood Bricks (50MJ)
5 Coal (20MJ) = 2 Coke Pellets (60MJ)

Recipe Chain
Wood is 4 MJ each.
Coal is 8 MJ each.
oops, I forgot that marathon halved the amounts. But at least the gains are even better for those who do use it.

Return to “Angels Mods”