Solids equivalent for purification plant

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

BlackDeath
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Solids equivalent for purification plant

Post by BlackDeath »

Hey,

playing just started another game now with Bobs and Angel Mods. This works fine but is there a "building/facility"(like a "waste incineration plant") in your nice design to dump solids? Gas you can "burn", Fluids you can put in the purification plant but what to do with the solids you actually don't need like mud. In 0.14 there was a mod called void chest but in a complete angel-factory it looks really nasty.

Thanks for your answers/help.

septemberWaves
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Solids equivalent for purification plant

Post by septemberWaves »

Though it's not necessarily an ideal solution, most waste solids can be converted into liquids without too much difficulty (often with a relatively cheap additive like water), which can then be voided using either the clarifier (for water-based liquids) or the flare stack (for chemicals). I imagine there's not an equivalent for solids in order to encourage players to create more complex factories that use solid byproducts properly.

Also, I'm pretty sure that mud in particular can be used to make landfill, which has a very large stack size and is pretty useful to have in huge quantities if you're playing on a map with a good amount of water.

BlackDeath
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by BlackDeath »

Thank you for the idea to convert the solids in liquids or gas.
This will help in future but is there a recipe [something like mix it with water ;) ] to convert mud back? I haven't found anything for that.
You get lots of it when you produce lime stone for smelting, ...

I play on a map with less water and have already filled some large storages with mud respectively landfill (just convert it to save storage). All the other lakes I need for my water pumps, ...

septemberWaves
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by septemberWaves »

If you really want to get rid of it, the Flare Stack mod adds fluid and solid voiding machines. The incinerator (normal or electric version) from that mod will void solids. Aesthetics aren't very Angel-like, but they fit in well with base Factorio. Here's the forum page for the mod:
viewtopic.php?f=93&t=21586

BlackDeath
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by BlackDeath »

Thank you for this Flare Stack mods. Looks much better than the void chest.
Will be a good between solution until angel may inplement a own solution ;) :mrgreen:

Return to “Angels Mods”