possible bug with infinite ores (+ rso)?

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

someone1337
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

possible bug with infinite ores (+ rso)?

Post by someone1337 »

It seems that infinite ores messes up the yield of crude oil (in my starting location).
But im not that a professional factorio modder to really be sure...

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=51713&p=301904#p301847

basically it seems that in my starting location yield wont ever go down to 20% but stays at 51%, when applying the *3 factor to your data.lua, to make the two values match vanilla factorio the excessive yields seem to go down everywhere.

But then there still is the problem(?) or me misunderstanding how yields with distance are expected to work, and im unsure, if yield should go down to 20% everywhere, or if it stays higher with higher distance.
http://lua-api.factorio.com/latest/LuaE ... ity.amount has only amount and initial amount so im unsure where the minimum went and if its really impossible to set a minimum and minimum yield is calculated from initial*0.2. :/

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: possible bug with infinite ores (+ rso)?

Post by Arch666Angel »

Can take a screenshot from the mod settings screen, the options regarding oil yield override?

What else did you change? Did you start the game with RSO and infinite ores, or did you add it in later?

The infinite liquid resources are defined with normal and minimum, where if you divide minimum with normal you get the yield the resource will drop to. Infinite ores overrides normal to 100k and then overrides minimum with 1000 * whatever yield you set.

someone1337
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by someone1337 »

I didnt touch any mod-settings and only changed the 2 lines in viewtopic.php?f=18&t=51713&p=301904#p301847

Started with some mods (including infinite ores + rso) and basically version-froze everything, disabling updates and not installing/updating/deleting any mods.
yield_2.png
yield_2.png (1.34 MiB) Viewed 1518 times
edit:
It seems to me that rso generated the crude with vanilla settings, but your change of vanilla's "normal" to a third make it calculate yield * 3 as initial_amount = something*normal, then you lower normal to 1/3 which makes all yields *3.

I tried to read RSO's code, but there are so many variables I have no idea about :/

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

If there is an option that allows the user to change default yield levels then RSO will get confused since it has no way of knowing about it. It will use values as defined in config for given resource.
I'm not sure how to fix it properly... I think settings are globally accesible between mods but I'd need a way to tell RSO oil patch generator which setting to look for per ore most likely.
I can also see that minimum yield is now available from entity prototypes in runtime so it could be used to modify how yields are generated. I'd need to update all the fluid configs then but it would lead to more proper %-ages and increases calculated by % not by absolute values.

Return to “Angels Mods”