Stone walls require advanced steel processing?

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

jrisom
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Stone walls require advanced steel processing?

Post by jrisom »

After a few marathon Factorio play throughs, I added Angel's mods. After realizing that Angel's isn't fully independent I added Bob's. I went full suite for both because I don't do rush sessions in vanilla, I play until I'm so dominant I'm bored. First I noticed that with just Angel's that Paper seemed to be useless, so I added Bob's set. It's slow, it's tedious, automation is complicated, but I'm still playing. I just finished researching Stone Walls and then learn that I need a huge amount of research to continue until Basic Processing Technology 2 to enable the Production Block 2 to allow me to build a wall. If there were stone walls, clay walls, cement walls, and steel walls I could understand it but this just seems ridiculous.

Regardless what is the point of researching a technology that you can not craft? That's literally the whole point of a technology tree. Maybe this is a Bob's issue but Factorio's telling me it's Angel's Industries. In any case, I can't seem to find anyone playing only one group of mods without the other, so I have to believe that there's coordination to ensure that everything works.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Stone walls require advanced steel processing?

Post by mmmPI »

I did a playthrough recently using only angel's mod, i don't understand everything you said. It seemed to me that it could be played as a stand-alone without problems. what problems did you encounter ? what is your modlist precisely ?

Paper is used for the grey circuit board, the very basic one, you definitely need a lot of it with just angels mods. From memory it is also used for transistor or resistor. You make it from brown and green algae through cellulose fiber and an acid i can't remeber the name. and you have several upgrade in productivity for those algae.

"Angel industries" i think is the most recent addition to the set, that's the one i wanted to try because i had played with the others previous years. It seemed to me that it is an overall remake of science introducing the "block" thing. Production block 2 if i remember well is the one where steel is necessary for the construction frame. Which is indeed quite costly in research to reach but i would expect that player is allowed to build basic wall before that.

I played without biters so my words for the wall thing, is just speculation, i don't know when exactly i was allowed to build them, i just think you may be missing something. Or that something weird happened when you compiled the set of mods. i'm further inclined to think of a problem when i read that you can't find a use for paper, as in my experience it's an early and mandadory step.

do you use any mod to help you browse the receipe ? ( "Fnei", "What is this used for?" or something similar). there are different receipe to make wall as far as i remember, one being a way to recycle old wall into the better version. maybe this caused a problem.

jrisom
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Stone walls require advanced steel processing?

Post by jrisom »

This current play through I'm doing is using all the Angel's mods and Bob's mods now. The thing about Angel's Industries and the tech tree is that you can research stone walls after Basic Warfare but you cannot build the walls until you get to Production Block 2 which is further down the tree. That defeats the whole purpose of a tech tree. I could understand going from stone walls to concrete walls to reinforced concrete walls to steel walls, etc, but this is just plain stone walls.

Another I noticed is you can start researching Automation before you can build Basic Laboratory 2 which is where you can actually research it.

Fortunately, biters don't show up until you explore so although I'm far enough into the play through to finish researching walls with a lot of hand crafting I haven't seen a biter.

Return to “Angels Mods”