[MOD 0.12.x] Marathon 1.0.3

Topics and discussion about specific mods
orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Marathon 1.0.3

Post by orzelek »

MrChris wrote:Love this mod, but isnt it supose to take more then vanilla amount of science or is it just higher cost?
This mod only makes things cost more - to increase research costs you can use other mods like Science Tweaker. I'd recommend changing options in it to use normal research(no custom items) and reduce multipliers a bit. With default ones and marathon you will have insane prices of technologies :D

MrChris
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by MrChris »

orzelek wrote:
MrChris wrote:Love this mod, but isnt it supose to take more then vanilla amount of science or is it just higher cost?
This mod only makes things cost more - to increase research costs you can use other mods like Science Tweaker. I'd recommend changing options in it to use normal research(no custom items) and reduce multipliers a bit. With default ones and marathon you will have insane prices of technologies :D

Thank you, im new to modding factorio so not exacly sure how to change the multiplyers but I'll try it out!

Tnarg
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Tnarg »

After a few false start I've worked out the layout of my marathon factory. finding out that 8 full belts of copper would barely be enough for my early game needs I figured out that there was no way I could keep all the plates I need on my main bus. This is the layout I'm using for now It keeps my main bus quite clear. I've been holding off on oil but need to start it now I think I'll add it below my ore bus instead of mixing it with my main bus.
Attachments
layout.png
layout.png (17.71 KiB) Viewed 6755 times

Afforess
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Afforess »

Tnarg wrote:After a few false start I've worked out the layout of my marathon factory. finding out that 8 full belts of copper would barely be enough for my early game needs I figured out that there was no way I could keep all the plates I need on my main bus. This is the layout I'm using for now It keeps my main bus quite clear. I've been holding off on oil but need to start it now I think I'll add it below my ore bus instead of mixing it with my main bus.
I find that I try to use transport belts as little as possible, and directly insert the output from furnaces into assemblers. Two steel furnaces smelting copper can fully supply 1 blue assembler making wire, for example.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Afforess wrote:
Tnarg wrote:After a few false start I've worked out the layout of my marathon factory. finding out that 8 full belts of copper would barely be enough for my early game needs I figured out that there was no way I could keep all the plates I need on my main bus. This is the layout I'm using for now It keeps my main bus quite clear. I've been holding off on oil but need to start it now I think I'll add it below my ore bus instead of mixing it with my main bus.
I find that I try to use transport belts as little as possible, and directly insert the output from furnaces into assemblers. Two steel furnaces smelting copper can fully supply 1 blue assembler making wire, for example.
I'm playing with bobs mods and main bus is ores for copper/iron and plates for rest currently.
Having some issues with carbon and might need to switch there to in place production also - might make electronics production even more complex ;)

boazdm
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by boazdm »

Hi!

Any plans on making this mod compatible with HardCrafting? I love both of them and it makes me sad that they don't play nicely with each other.

Afforess
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Afforess »

boazdm wrote:Hi!

Any plans on making this mod compatible with HardCrafting? I love both of them and it makes me sad that they don't play nicely with each other.
No plans, mostly because I wasn't aware there were any issues. HardCrafting's mod page states its compatible... so maybe you should clarify what does / doesn't work?

boazdm
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by boazdm »

When I have both mods in the directory, HardCrafting is shown in red

If I remove Marathon, Hardcrafting works. I also tried posting in the Hardcrafting thread about it.

Afforess
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Afforess »

boazdm wrote:When I have both mods in the directory, HardCrafting is shown in red

If I remove Marathon, Hardcrafting works. I also tried posting in the Hardcrafting thread about it.
You need to report that to Hardcrafting thread, Marathon doesn't list out any incompatible mods, which means Hardcrafting is reporting Marathon as incompatible. :/

Bizobinator
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Bizobinator »

Does this mod work with Science cost overhaul?

Has anyone been brave enough to try it with Science cost overhaul? :lol:

IhanaMies
Inserter
Inserter

Post by IhanaMies »

It does. 50 hours played on my current save. I'm nowhere near sending a rocket and it's been fantastic!

Ackos
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Ackos »

Bizobinator wrote:Does this mod work with Science cost overhaul?

Just started a game with the combo, cant say much about any issues yet.

Science cost config set too: "sciencepackconfig"=vanilla (i am not using bobs), "difficulty cost"=normal, and "difficultyEvo"=noadjustment (i use misanthrope for biter evolution).

example: Power Armor 2

Vanilla it takes 150 science packs (red, green, blue, purple) to produce.
Marathon : 150 science packs @ the higher production costs.

Science cost alone: Adjusting the "Difficultycost" configuration
Science cost tweaker (Noadjustment): 150 science packs
Science cost (normal): now costs 450 scince packs
Scince cost (extended ie insane): costs an insane 15,000 science packs.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Bizobinator wrote:Does this mod work with Science cost overhaul?

I have more then 100 hours with it and bobs mods.
I modified a bit costs tho and using standard science packs not new items. Default multipliers would be very harsh for marathon.

Tnarg
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Tnarg »

60 hours of game play:
http://imgur.com/a/kShjB

Mods used:
marathon_1.0.3
Landfill_2.1.7
BigBags_1.0.4

Defult ore settings but I did set the enemy to low.

Afforess
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Afforess »

Tnarg wrote:60 hours of game play:
http://imgur.com/a/kShjB

Mods used:
marathon_1.0.3
Landfill_2.1.7
BigBags_1.0.4

Defult ore settings but I did set the enemy to low.
I saw the post on reddit. Quite the map. I'm surprised you used belts for all the copper plates though, usually players switch to in-place assembling.

Tnarg
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Tnarg »

The plate belts are not long. As you can see in this post the plate belts are never planed to be long as I rearranged the main bus I repurposed the furnaces there ended up being more east west movement on the belts. I do keep a few belts running West to east for things that need a small number like batteries.

viewtopic.php?f=91&t=13567&start=120#p155890

Edit: I think the main reasons I used belts is it's lets me see when I have the ratios right it's easy to under the number of furnaces you need. My Green circuits blueprint has 100 furnaces. And the smallest furnaces blueprint I have has 20 and outputs 2 yellow belts.

Edit 2: Thinking about it, if I try again (which I will*) then I would use direct insertion for the green circuits, but I think I'll keep the same layout for the main bus. The other change I would need to make is the unloading station. This time I had 1 copper In station for the main bus and one for green circuits I would have a common stations and then split it with belts. And I would have more than one in station for each copper and iron.
* the question is should I do it with Bob's mod or Science cost overhaul? I'm thinking Science cost overhaul as I'm not sure I want to make a rail network with all the ores.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Tnarg wrote:The plate belts are not long. As you can see in this post the plate belts are never planed to be long as I rearranged the main bus I repurposed the furnaces there ended up being more east west movement on the belts. I do keep a few belts running West to east for things that need a small number like batteries.

viewtopic.php?f=91&t=13567&start=120#p155890

Edit: I think the main reasons I used belts is it's lets me see when I have the ratios right it's easy to under the number of furnaces you need. My Green circuits blueprint has 100 furnaces. And the smallest furnaces blueprint I have has 20 and outputs 2 yellow belts.

Edit 2: Thinking about it, if I try again (which I will*) then I would use direct insertion for the green circuits, but I think I'll keep the same layout for the main bus. The other change I would need to make is the unloading station. This time I had 1 copper In station for the main bus and one for green circuits I would have a common stations and then split it with belts. And I would have more than one in station for each copper and iron.
* the question is should I do it with Bob's mod or Science cost overhaul? I'm thinking Science cost overhaul as I'm not sure I want to make a rail network with all the ores.

You can try my refining mod if you are not keen to gather all the specs of bobs ores, it reduces the ores to 6 but you have to process them first before using.

Tnarg
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Tnarg »

Arch666Angel wrote:You can try my refining mod if you are not keen to gather all the specs of bobs ores, it reduces the ores to 6 but you have to process them first before using.
Does that work with Marathon?

Tnarg
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Tnarg »

Direct furnaces to assemble would of been better. Picture from my test world shows 2 layouts of the same though put. (about 1.6 yellow belts of copper ore + some iron) the direct layout is better cheaper to build, needs less power and take less space.
pictures
I've started again with Science cost overhaul I'm not using the new production chains because that don't seem set up for marathon the item cost seems balanced to the base game. I'm just using the mod to make research more costly. I'm going with the x2, x4, x6 x9 increase in cost. I'm using default ore settings (maybe that's a mistake but I want a large train network). I know what I'm doing this time and I got tips by watching speed runs but I don't think I'm going to get sub 2 hours :-)

aka13
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by aka13 »

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (1.01 MiB) Viewed 6567 times
I think I am slowly getting the production to where I want it :lol:
Pony/Furfag avatar? Opinion discarded.

Return to “Mods”