[MOD 0.12.x] Marathon 1.0.3

Topics and discussion about specific mods
AlexTheNotsogreat
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Marathon 1.0.3

Post by AlexTheNotsogreat »

Ah, the joy of being a 14-year-old on summer vacation. Now I can finally try this mod while the time is good! :shock:

Mr. Tact
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mr. Tact »

Does this mod have a requirement to use Bob's mods? When I look at the mod within the loading menu it seems to indicate that...
Professional Curmudgeon since 1988.

Tnarg
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Tnarg »

No it is not needed. It is balanced for bob's mod, which is why you see all the warnings. But it's not needed. I liked it with out but if you want a marathon bob's mod game you can.

Mr. Tact
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mr. Tact »

Cool. Was hoping that was the situation, but figured I should verify. Thanks.

Mr. Tact
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mr. Tact »

aka13 wrote: I think I am slowly getting the production to where I want it :lol:
Wow.. 25 million copper plates. Even at the 1 ore to 5 plate, how many separate copper outposts were necessary for that?

Tnarg
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Tnarg »

Mr. Tact wrote:Wow.. 25 million copper plates. Even at the 1 ore to 5 plate, how many separate copper outposts were necessary for that?
I never had more then 3 copper mining bases running at once and did it in 60 hours. But I did have to relocate the mining outposts when the copper ran out. With blueprint for the rails it's not too hard to setup a new base.

Mr. Tact
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mr. Tact »

Yeah, I wasn't worried 25 million plate production was needed -- only interested in what it took to get it.

aka13
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by aka13 »

Mr. Tact wrote:
aka13 wrote: I think I am slowly getting the production to where I want it :lol:
Wow.. 25 million copper plates. Even at the 1 ore to 5 plate, how many separate copper outposts were necessary for that?
I use RSO, of course. Without RSO I would propably only be relocating miners instead of doing anything meaningful.
For the last 2 days I am running 2 outposts for copper, 2 trains running non-stop to each one to satisfy the need in copper. I am done with all the research, except for the robot followers, at lvl 10 right now, and launched 3 rockets so far.

If you want, I could link you the savefile.
Pony/Furfag avatar? Opinion discarded.

Tnarg
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Tnarg »

Build new mining bases was a little bit of a pain but it was not too bad and I like having to grow my rail network. The biggest pain was pain was killing all the bug bases in the pollution cloud. Which is why all my miners had efficiency modules. 80% less pollution FTW. 3 trains for copper, 2 for iron never did coal trains but I did have had some long belts.

DRY411S
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRY411S »

Right at the beginning of the topic in the mod description it says
This mod is designed to increase the length and difficulty of the game without changing the recipes.
But it is changing the recipes right? Big time.

aka13
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by aka13 »

DRY411S wrote:Right at the beginning of the topic in the mod description it says
This mod is designed to increase the length and difficulty of the game without changing the recipes.
Not really, except for the most basic things - wites and plates. All the difference you see comes from these basic changes.
Pony/Furfag avatar? Opinion discarded.

DRY411S
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRY411S »

aka13 wrote:
DRY411S wrote:Right at the beginning of the topic in the mod description it says
Not really, except for the most basic things - wites and plates. All the difference you see comes from these basic changes.
I guess it depends on what you mean by *change* :) There's dozens of what I would call recipe changes in the prototypes folder of this mod. In fact the mod consists *mostly* of recipe changes, in the sense that while the ingredients don't change, the amount of each ingredient sure does.

Wulfson
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Wulfson »

The point is that the ingredients aren't changed. The game is "harder" without inserting a bunch of extra steps in the production chain, unlike other mods that just make things more complicated.

Tnarg
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Tnarg »

I'm trying this again and I'm 30 hours in. My base is better this time and I have a plan for green circuits which seems to be working. The problem is I'm using the Science cost overhaul mod (I'm just using the multipliers (2x,4x,6x,9x depending on the science packs used) not the recipes as they are not balances for Marathon. With a bigger base and slow getting tech I'm having to use trains to get coal which I didn't last time but I'm upgrading to solar do I should not need much more coal mines. One problem I have is I'm not using RSO and have all the ore settings to default, so I am spending quite a lot of time setting up new mining bases something that should be better in 0.13 I'm almost got personal roboport so that will make things easier. Having larger ore fields when your spread you will be really good for marathon bases(and large bases in general).

The question if can I complete this before 0.13 last time it took 60 hours but I got Science cost overhaul instead but I also know what I'm doing so I'm not sure.

Coffee Daemon
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Coffee Daemon »

The first factorio mod that made me ragequit after watching a veritable army of small biters eat up my copper smelting factory for the 5th time in 5 mins. Also, never thought it would take 5 hours to make a fully functional green circuit production area.

Well played sir, well played.

Tev
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Tev »

How is marathon ready for 0.13 (just from the changelog info)?

Afforess
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Afforess »

Tev wrote:How is marathon ready for 0.13 (just from the changelog info)?
it's not. I will update it later today.

Afforess
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Afforess »

Marathon 1.1.0 is available for Factorio 0.13 on the mod portal: https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Afforess/marathon

Tev
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Tev »

Thanks!

bryreichle
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by bryreichle »

Sweet thanks!! Now i dont have to waist 24 game hrs lol. I really like the challenge ur mod adds to the game.

Return to “Mods”