[MOD 0.16.x] ShinyBob_0.16.x

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Tyrindor
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.35] ExtraChests v0.1.5 (Addon Shine Bobsmod)

Post by Tyrindor »

qjm123 wrote:
lenny27g wrote:
Tyrindor wrote:Can i make a suggestion for the new version?

Please stop changing textures of vanilla buildings. It's quite distracting to see a "blue" assembler and think, oh that's MK2, but nope it's MK4 in this. There are other cases, like the oil refinery being different, etc. I would prefer that everything vanilla keep its vanilla visuals because they are well known. Only color tiers that bob adds.

I'd also suggest not coloring solar panels at all. They already have a graphic difference (the panels are smaller or larger) and it looks a little weird to see them be tinted a certain color.
I have to disagree. Sure it might be confusing at first, but it ends up making so much sense. Why have things follow one color tier while assemblers follow a different one? And some items have no color tier? It would kind of be against the purpose of this mod if some things weren't colored and others weren't made to follow that color scheme.
Thanks lenny27g for answering to Tyrindor. Tyrindor, the main point of my addon is to standardise every upgrade with the same colour system. You always can go in the lua code and disable any particular unwanted object/colour, maybe need some research but if I was able to pull this mod off, I am sure that inserting few "--" in front of those objects won't be as challenging ;) Colouring solar panels can be disabled if you don't want them, config.lua like other things and only for you, I've added an extra option to allow you to have only black sprites without those "annoying" colours as I've actually 9 different sprites for each possible solar panels, Bob's only got 6 sprites actually! Coming in next update.

My addon is almost done, just few more checks and finish with last updates from Bob's logistic and his inserters, taking a lot more time than I've expected but update should be out soon.

Thanks again for the suport.
Thanks, looking forward to the update.

Tyrindor
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Tyrindor »

Sadly the quick fix 0.1.6 crashes on startup as of 13.9.

qjm123
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by qjm123 »

Hi guys, I am done with my shiny new update :D !!!

BUT... yes, but! I can't seem to be able to upload it to the website, it is really slow, I mean, really slow, uploading at 10kb or something like that, is it just me and my shitty connection or something on the server side? In any case, here is the update , as in here it seems to work just fine. As soon as someone tells me about the mod-website I will try to upload it there too. Happy update ;)
ShinyBob_0.13.1.zip
(77.7 MiB) Downloaded 160 times
The main message: "This mod is meant to be used with bob's mods. It will change graphics and colours for Bob's mods, revamp completely his menus, switching things around and obviously will only work if his mods are, some can be left out, but the main ones (boblibrary and bobconfig) need to be present. The main feature is the fact that all Bob's building will be coloured following the same colour code: base colour (only if more than 6 tiers), yellow, red, blue, purple, green and finally white. As well this addon adds few more things like extra inserters, chests and few more things. This mod is the update of ExtraChests.0.1.5 (viewtopic.php?f=91&t=19970). If you've got already EC installed, please remove it completely before loading this one. This new update comes with a lot of new things/upgrades, etc. Please, enjoy and let me know of any bug.

Be aware that updating from Factorio 0.12.x will cause few troubles. I do not have a specific script to "migrate" things, not sure how the migration process works exactly and to tired to try to figure it out. My save from 0.12 worked out quite well, few things were broken, but my base is still functional after redoing the whole electric system! Not sure what is going on with boilers and steam engines in 0.13 or Bob's updates but they were quite under performing.

Have a look at the config file as usual to find more options or disable those that you don't like. Radars are now fixed, I've removed mine as Bob's added new ones, but I've updated his pics. I have added the whole tier of express inserters and for stack inserters, near and long inserters only, otherwise it would have been too much! So many things were changed and fixed, I will list them in a change log soon."

qjm123
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by qjm123 »

Well, after almost 3 hours, still not uploaded into mods.factorio.com!!! :o Oh well... Until they fix their server I won't try to upload it there again.

Tyrindor
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Tyrindor »

Doesn't work for me, running latest factorio and all of bob without bob's plates/ores/electronics. Seems your code is assuming you have all bob's modules installed, and if you don't, it crashes because it can't find said item. :(

http://imgur.com/a/mNULG

fishycat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by fishycat »

Mine crashed too. I have all from bobsmod except greenhouse.

https://picload.org/image/rrairwir/shinybob_0.13.1.jpg

qjm123
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by qjm123 »

Tyrindor wrote:Doesn't work for me, running latest factorio and all of bob without bob's plates/ores/electronics. Seems your code is assuming you have all bob's modules installed, and if you don't, it crashes because it can't find said item. :(

http://imgur.com/a/mNULG
Thanks for checking things and reporting back the bugs, as you can all imagine I can't try out every single combination :? This one is quite easy to fix, just ensure you've got water-mill disable in the config.lua, where it says "water_pumps_graphics = true" change it for "water_pumps_graphics = false" that should do the trick. It was my fault for not checking that those items were there in the first place, I will update it in my next update and that won't matter no more, sorry about that.
fishycat wrote:Mine crashed too. I have all from bobsmod except greenhouse.

https://picload.org/image/rrairwir/shinybob_0.13.1.jpg
Not sure here what could be the problem as I am not able to reproduce it I am afraid :( there must be something else interfering with my mod. Try to load up bobgreenhouse and check if it works or not and report back if you've got some time, thanks again and sorry for this inconvenience.

Tyrindor
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Tyrindor »

Thanks, here's another "bug".. all the inserter research the mod adds is obsolete/duplicates. Check out bob's inserter mod (which I believe is being put into bob's logistics by default). All inserters are now configurable to do what you want, without having 50 different types.
Last edited by Tyrindor on Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

qjm123
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by qjm123 »

:o :o :o What?! Big update on Bob's mod logistic!!!! Noooooooooooo!!!! :shock: :? :shock: :?

I don't think I will keeping much longer updating my mod as it takes me an insane amount of time and energy... I will try to fix things for this last update of Bob's but that's it... No more updates from me.

The following updates will be the last I will support, from now on, I won't do any change to support new ones.

Inserters 0.13.3
Logistics 0.13.7
Greenhouse 0.13.2
Warfare 0.13.4
Plates 0.13.2
Config 0.13.1
Enemies 0.13.1
Power 0.13.1
Ores 0.13.1
mining 0.13.1
Library 0.13.1
Electronics 0.13.0
Tech 0.13.0

Hopefully by tomorrow I will have my last update uploaded.

Tyrindor
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Tyrindor »

qjm123 wrote::o :o :o What?! Big update on Bob's mod logistic!!!! Noooooooooooo!!!! :shock: :? :shock: :?

I don't think I will keeping much longer updating my mod as it takes me an insane amount of time and energy... I will try to fix things for this last update of Bob's but that's it... No more updates from me.

The following updates will be the last I will support, from now on, I won't do any change to support new ones.

Inserters 0.13.3
Logistics 0.13.7
Greenhouse 0.13.2
Warfare 0.13.4
Plates 0.13.2
Config 0.13.1
Enemies 0.13.1
Power 0.13.1
Ores 0.13.1
mining 0.13.1
Library 0.13.1
Electronics 0.13.0
Tech 0.13.0

Some people were trying to get bob to talk with you and see if he can just add this stuff in by default. Maybe contact him and help him get your stuff added in, especially all the research/item icons and the crafting UI restructure.

I don't think I would want to play bob's without this, too many of the texture/iconss are off putting and low resolution by default.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Tyrindor wrote:
qjm123 wrote::o :o :o What?! Big update on Bob's mod logistic!!!! Noooooooooooo!!!! :shock: :? :shock: :?

Inserters 0.13.3
Logistics 0.13.7
Greenhouse 0.13.2
Warfare 0.13.4
Plates 0.13.2
Config 0.13.1
Enemies 0.13.1
Power 0.13.1
Ores 0.13.1
mining 0.13.1
Library 0.13.1
Electronics 0.13.0
Tech 0.13.0

Some people were trying to get bob to talk with you and see if he can just add this stuff in by default. Maybe contact him and help him get your stuff added in, especially all the research/item icons and the crafting UI restructure.

I don't think I would want to play bob's without this, too many of the texture/iconss are off putting and low resolution by default.
I second this, please contact Bob and offer him your icons as default. They are so much better!!

fishycat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by fishycat »

So I tried with bobs mods only, including greenhouse, no other mods in mods folder. The result stays the same error like before.
Factorio version is the latest, 0.13.9.

https://picload.org/image/rraiwdal/mod-list.jpg

I already played it in 0.12 with a huge amount of other mods and never had problems with it. first time now with 0.13.

Problem is, I cant imagine bobsmod now without shiny, its too good! :D

qjm123
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by qjm123 »

fishycat wrote:So I tried with bobs mods only, including greenhouse, no other mods in mods folder. The result stays the same error like before.
Factorio version is the latest, 0.13.9.

https://picload.org/image/rraiwdal/mod-list.jpg

I already played it in 0.12 with a huge amount of other mods and never had problems with it. first time now with 0.13.

Problem is, I cant imagine bobsmod now without shiny, its too good! :D
Sorry about that, I think that Bob updated the greenhouse mod just after my upload and I didn't see it.

But hopefully I've fixed whatever was causing the problem.

This will probably be my last update if there is no more issues, if bobs updates any mod and that causes problem with mine, sorry. Anyone can reuse, copy, do anything with my mod, only thing is to credit me. If Bob's wants to use or include any part, pics o whatever, he's more than welcome, no need to ask me, just do and credit ;) I will try to post it in the mods.factorio.com but it is really slow.
ShinyBob_0.13.2.zip
(78 MiB) Downloaded 163 times
Here psd for all images, feel free to reuse them, change, edit, paint, whatever, just credit the devs of factorio and me :lol:
Extras_PSD.rar
(46.65 MiB) Downloaded 126 times
thanks everybody

fishycat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by fishycat »

Just tried the new update, but unfortunatelly it keeps crashing while loading mods.

I have no idea what could be the problem, only mods active are bobs only and shiny, but won´t work :(
I looked in the prototypes/addon-functions.lua:53 but im not experienced enough to find a mistake, but maybe someone else could give me a hint, what could be the problem
to make this lovely mod run.

qjm123
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by qjm123 »

fishycat wrote:Just tried the new update, but unfortunatelly it keeps crashing while loading mods.

I have no idea what could be the problem, only mods active are bobs only and shiny, but won´t work :(
I looked in the prototypes/addon-functions.lua:53 but im not experienced enough to find a mistake, but maybe someone else could give me a hint, what could be the problem
:?: :?: :?: I really don't know what can be happening... here, picture of it working just fine in my pc:
proof_loaded.png
proof_loaded.png (651.03 KiB) Viewed 7710 times
The only thing I can suggest is to pack in a zip file your whole mod folder and send it me link to dropbox or just post it here or whatever form you prefer and I will have a look at it.

Thanks again for trying my mod and reporting back

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

I had to comment out the deforester line to get my version to load up.

data-updates.lua:4387 --addon_subgroup_order("selection-tool","deforest-planner" ,"energy","a4")

fishycat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by fishycat »

ok, just uploaded my mods folder to here: mods.7z

lenny27g
Inserter
Inserter

Post by lenny27g »

fishycat wrote:Just tried the new update, but unfortunatelly it keeps crashing while loading mods.

Nexela wrote:I had to comment out the deforester line to get my version to load up.

data-updates.lua:4387 --addon_subgroup_order("selection-tool","deforest-planner" ,"energy","a4")
Had the same issue as fishycat, nice fix Nexela.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Yup now I have to it all over again for the newest version :) Took me about 3 hours to port over all of my changes from the last version.

the addon_subgroup_order function doesn't have any safety catches on it :)

It should be re-written to include an if check for a valid item.

Some of the re-orderings do have an if check in data-updates but it would probably be cleaner to just move the if check inside of the addon_function that way any changes in mods or item/recipe names etc won't crash the game. and it would make it alot easier for the layperson to re-order other mods :)

fishycat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by fishycat »

Nexela wrote:I had to comment out the deforester line to get my version to load up.

lenny27g wrote:Had the same issue as fishycat, nice fix Nexela.

Just watched my data-updates.lua:4387, it says there: addon_subgroup_order("item","bob-robo-charge-port-large-3","addon-roboports","g") :?:

Why is it different?

Return to “Mods”