[MOD 0.10.12+] FactorioPlus 0.0.5 WIP

Topics and discussion about specific mods
bblewittAG
Inserter
Inserter

[MOD 0.10.12+] FactorioPlus 0.0.5 WIP

Post by bblewittAG »

Now I know everyone or almost everyone has played Factorio to end game and when starting you already know how to start but I come with ideas and a working mod to change the starting game but with some rules.

FactorioPlus

Now what will happen to the game if I switched off ore generation.
The only way to resolve this issue is to place down a chest (for now) to create the ores for you.
There will be more plans to improve the mod to add more but my ideas are slow atm.

The mod will have a wiki where I will be posting all my updates and screenshots with the information about it.

If you all want to help me then reply.
Last edited by bblewittAG on Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.10.12+] FactorioPlus 0.0.5 WIP

Post by cartmen180 »

I am not sure what you are trying to do.
Switching off ore generation ok, but how do you progress then?
Could you give a bit more info what it is you want to do? :p
Check out my mods

CreeperDaReeper
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by CreeperDaReeper »

cartmen180 wrote:I am not sure what you are trying to do.
Switching off ore generation ok, but how do you progress then?
Could you give a bit more info what it is you want to do? :p
My only thought would be that he wants to try and make a Factorio variation of Cookie Clicker. Frankly I don't know whether that would be stupid, terrifying, exciting, or ingenious.

bblewittAG
Inserter
Inserter

Post by bblewittAG »

Ok I was only building up to it so that I could get interest and now I will give you more.

There will be a chest to give you endless supply of iron as of now but I may change it.
the iron will then be able to make more chests for copper, coal and stone and that is how you are going to progress through the game :)

cookie clicker i hated but not going to use that idea lol

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

so instead of mining ores you just get them from a chest?
won't that just remove the early game instead of changing it?
Check out my mods

bblewittAG
Inserter
Inserter

Post by bblewittAG »

cartmen180 wrote:so instead of mining ores you just get them from a chest?
won't that just remove the early game instead of changing it?
I will be changing it but slowly and like I said it is a chest for now but I may put it as making iron not mining it

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

i will be looking forward to how it ends up :)
Check out my mods

CreeperDaReeper
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by CreeperDaReeper »

bblewittAG wrote:cookie clicker i hated but not going to use that idea lol
bblewittAG wrote:the iron will then be able to make more chests for copper, coal and stone and that is how you are going to progress through the game :)
Umm yeah, sorry to say, but that is kinda how cookie clicker works. You start off with a very small supply of material and over time you can use said material to buy more resource generation and upgrades for said resource generation.

In this case, building more chests to spawn more iron plates, copper plates, coal, & stone would in case be like buying buildings in cookie clicker, while researching the tech tree of factorio would be like the upgrades in cookie clicker.

I'm sorry if this comparison bothers you, but it just won't leave me alone. Just to clarify, I think this idea is awesome, whether or not it ends up anything like cookie clicker. (played the hell out of that game)

bblewittAG
Inserter
Inserter

Post by bblewittAG »

CreeperDaReeper wrote:
bblewittAG wrote:cookie clicker i hated but not going to use that idea lol
bblewittAG wrote:the iron will then be able to make more chests for copper, coal and stone and that is how you are going to progress through the game :)
Umm yeah, sorry to say, but that is kinda how cookie clicker works. You start off with a very small supply of material and over time you can use said material to buy more resource generation and upgrades for said resource generation.

In this case, building more chests to spawn more iron plates, copper plates, coal, & stone would in case be like buying buildings in cookie clicker, while researching the tech tree of factorio would be like the upgrades in cookie clicker.

I'm sorry if this comparison bothers you, but it just won't leave me alone. Just to clarify, I think this idea is awesome, whether or not it ends up anything like cookie clicker. (played the hell out of that game)
I see where you are coming from but I am only a beginner to modding and coding so the ideas I want to go with will take time but a chest will do and it is the ores not plates.

Return to “Mods”