[0.12.x]Cartmen's Mods Information

Topics and discussion about specific mods
cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.13] Cartmen's Complete Overhaul [ALPHA v0.1.4]

Post by cartmen180 »

hoho wrote:
cartmen180 wrote:So here I was working on the 0.1.5 update and had a lot of stuff done when my hdd decided to die. So far I have been unable to recover anything. This means I have to start from the 0.1.4 version again. Very frustrating -_-
You should use some form of code repository to minimize problems like that. I'd suggest github :)
to be fair i was in the caribbean working on a crappy laptop, without an internet connection. Normally i use github, but you know... no internet :(
Check out my mods

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

Crappy laptop and no internet is disaster. :P
Why work on vacation in the first place?

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

because it wasn't a vacation and i don't consider modding work :p
Check out my mods

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.13] Cartmen's Complete Overhaul [ALPHA v0.1.5]

Post by cartmen180 »

Okay, i have made a small update. It only fixes the problem with the new treefarm version.
You will now need treefarm lite and advanced to get the mod working.

edit: I have made a roadmap for the next couple versions, check the second post for that.
Check out my mods

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.15] Cartmen's Complete Overhaul [ALPHA v0.1.5]

Post by cartmen180 »

State of the mod - 14th of February

The last two days I have been very busy with the mod. So busy that the 0.2.0 release is ready for shipping. I have to say that I included a simple version for the oil processing as I am still figuring out how to do it right.
Also all the things that were broken, like iron requirement for simple electronics and tin and lead processing not available, have been resolved.

Enjoy
(download link in first post)
Check out my mods

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.15] Cartmen's Complete Overhaul [ALPHA v0.2.0]

Post by aklesey1 »

Very strange idea with using 3 types of science packs with the same graphics - 1-a, 2-a, 3-a, why do we need to complicate things? What you want to achieve cartmen? as far as I could understand you still have to draw a new graphics for ores and science packs?
The conception of overhaul mod was very cool, now mod looks some strange with some unnecessary complications, as i said before we need new graphics in future, otherwise, we can easily get confused
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

aklesey1 wrote:Very strange idea with using 3 types of science packs with the same graphics - 1-a, 2-a, 3-a, why do we need to complicate things? What you want to achieve cartmen? as far as I could understand you still have to draw a new graphics for ores and science packs?
The conception of overhaul mod was very cool, now mod looks some strange with some unnecessary complications, as i said before we need new graphics in future, otherwise, we can easily get confused
I agree fully. Without proper graphics it is confusing. But the thing is that i am not sure about the name for the packs, the name you see now is purely for internal use.
Check out my mods

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

I want you not made the same mistake as Dysoch this his science packs, there have many type of science packs, but he refused in the end, i think many players did not accept his decision as a good in gameplay
So what about ores and grades - any idea of using bobores? I like combination with treefarm :D , so i'll wait for next solutions with another mods
The grades this is a controversial decision, but i respect your opinion, despite the fact that advancement in the technology tree is not easy as well as all gameplay ;)

Gecko
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Gecko »

I'ts getting quiet around here. Are you on duty Mr. Cartmen?

After a few re-plays of factorio (v. 11.14) with your mod (as it is in update 0.2.0) I think it runs pretty smooth. Besides some minor balance issues and the Graphics up until now it's realy fun to play. I like this mod more than ever. :)

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Any news about mod?

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

Gecko wrote:I'ts getting quiet around here. Are you on duty Mr. Cartmen?

After a few re-plays of factorio (v. 11.14) with your mod (as it is in update 0.2.0) I think it runs pretty smooth. Besides some minor balance issues and the Graphics up until now it's realy fun to play. I like this mod more than ever. :)
Life has been slow :p I have also been busy playing a lot of insurgency xD I did however put some work in the electronics part of the mod. I can't tell you when i will finish that because i simply don't know. I am also experimenting with the big rocks that spawn randomly on the map to make them minable to obtain a rare resource. It would force the player to do some exploring to get the best machines.
Check out my mods

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Any good news about graphics for ores with different grades as you want before? 8-)

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

aklesey1 wrote:Any good news about graphics for ores with different grades as you want before? 8-)
haven't looked at it yet.
Check out my mods

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Suggestions

Post by cartmen180 »

If you have any suggestions please post them here.
Check out my mods

therapist
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Suggestions

Post by therapist »

If you are focusing on realism, I would like if someone could remove vehicles existing as items.

I picture having to build a special "Vehicle Assembly Machine" to create or even possibly to disassemble vehicles. The vehicle assembly machine would take ingredients just like a regular assemble machine except it would output your car or tank towards the machine's output or, if it would be simpler to code, just output the vehicle directly next to the machine.

In addition, it would be nice to see a bulldozer for cutting roads thru the forests far away from your robot networks or you could maybe try smashing a large cluster of biters.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Its looks like mod now frozen for some time, may be cartmen will make mini update for mod with some new elements?

doctrof
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by doctrof »

I can't put science pack 2-a into simple labolatory to research bronze science....wats wrong?
that's a bug that no one has reported yet. I've taken a look and know what is wrong and it will be fixed in the next version.

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

I am working on it but progress is slow. Got a lot of things on my mind these days.
Check out my mods

SillyBits
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by SillyBits »

Call me silly :D but how do I make bronze with current 0.2.0 alpha? I do have both the hg copper and tin ores, but it just tells me it can't be crafted barehanded, and the "crafted in" hint is just plain empty :(

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

SillyBits wrote:Call me silly
Silly ! :lol:
Sorry, was just too tempting, apologies for the disturbance, please ignore this useless intervention :)
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “Mods”