Ruins Mod - claim ruins tool not working?

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Tytan
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Ruins Mod - claim ruins tool not working?

Post by Tytan »

Playing with the Ruins Mod, and I love it.

But I cannot get the Claim Ruins tool to work. Shift-C brings up an icon for it with a 1 in the lower left corner but I cannot figure out how to actually claim any enemy ruin structures with it.
Last edited by Tytan on Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Ruins Mod - claim ruins tool not working?

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Enemy ruin structures you cannot claim. Only neutral.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles | New Gear Girl & HR Graphics

Tytan
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Tytan »

Thanks for the info.

Dang, that's unfortunate. I was really wanting to get items in some chests in a ruin, but could not do so because of that "cannot open enemy structures" thing.

Is there a way to get those items that I am overlooking?

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Oh, no, you should be able to claim those. They should be of the Neutral force, which, for the purposes of opening, I suppose still gives you the "cannot open enemy structures" message. You should be able to just select the Claim tool from the shortcut bar, then left-click drag select over the chest (and other ruin mod added entities) to have it transferred to the Player force.

It's turrets and landmines that you can't claim.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles | New Gear Girl & HR Graphics

Return to “Mods”