SE: Nuclear power after launch?

Topics and discussion about specific mods
NineNine
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

SE: Nuclear power after launch?

Post by NineNine »

I'm just playing SE through for the first time, and it looks like there's no nuclear power until after a first launch (with a satellite?). That means that I'm going to launch a satellite into space while I'm still using boilers and steam generators? Am I missing something obvious?

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: SE: Nuclear power after launch?

Post by mmmPI »

Your conclusion seem correct that nuclear comes late/ after launch only. You don't have to use steam engine and boilers though, you can use solar pannel and accumulators too.
I had not played SE for a while but this particular game i'm around 70 hours in i have around 50K solar pannel and accumulators on Nauvis which provide for all my energy needs without the need for nuclear yet even though i unlocked it recently. This + core mining helps for "sustainable" ressource and energy.

The Kovarex enrichment process requiring "production science pack" that itself has to be made in space and require vulcanite block from another planet than the starting one makes it not a "early" tech, i don't have my 40 good uranium yet to start the process. All my uranium came from core mining, i only have like 20 and i'm not really feeling the need to go and extract some uranium ore directly.

NineNine
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: SE: Nuclear power after launch?

Post by NineNine »

Oh wow! If Kovarex requires something from other planets, then that changes everything. Looks like solar is really the only route to go unless you happen to have *tons* of oil or coal. Interesting.

Thanks for the info!

Return to “Mods”