[Discontinued] New mod for a story [moved to scenarios!]

Topics and discussion about specific mods
matjojo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[Discontinued] New mod for a story [moved to scenarios!]

Post by matjojo »

[wip]

This will be my first factorio mod, for now this will be the main thread. Although I might eventually change to a new thread.

As said, this will be my first factorio mod. I have some lua experience as to writing computercraft scripts, but I wanted to learn how to code more and better in LUA.
In this mod i will try to add some story to the game, and maybe even make a new storyline that makes it possible to trade with the aliens that I'll probably try to replace with more peaceful textures and AI's. That just very much future talk though.
This post will be updated with more info once i have actually went further than half of the tutorial :lol: And will serve as an idea thread to see if anyone actually is interested in the idea of it.
My mother language is dutch, so if you spot a mistake OR want to talk some dutch. feel free to say it!
Last edited by matjojo on Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [WIP] New mod for a story [questions]

Post by Klonan »

Hey it might be better to make this as a custom scenario, rather than a mod.

You can still do lots of scripting and things using the control.lua

matjojo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [WIP] New mod for a story [questions]

Post by matjojo »

Klonan wrote:Hey it might be better to make this as a custom scenario, rather than a mod.

You can still do lots of scripting and things using the control.lua

after some more research, this is indeed what I wanted to do, I just didn't realise scenario was what it is:P.

consider this thread closed, as I am going to migrate to the scenarios forum.

Return to “Mods”