Post by nuhll »

Bobs is disabled. (on my tests)

BTW: on german keyboard you have to press "ö" xD

xenotypex
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.8] Robot Army. 0.2.0

Post by xenotypex »

I do not use any of bobs mods or natural evolution. The crash appears to be directly relevant to the number of bots active in the game at a time as a faster deploy rate with more deploy factories causes the crash sooner.

kyranzor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kyranzor »

I've had 1.2k droids active without a crash.. I'll test again.

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

If the game is crashing to desktop then you should bug report to Factorio devs, with crashlog and details.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

I had some fun with 0.1.45 with cheatmode, all tech, natives at 13% before deploying any armies and big ones a short while later :D! So my perspective might be a bit non-representative in some areas. But I'm always right so here we go :s
Thoughts:
Combinig bots with different properties so that they cover eachothers weaknesses is fun
Higher level bots being strictly better than the first unlocked is boring.
Having big armies is more interesting than many other features...
If bot A is X times better than bot B but costs more than X times as much then why would I ever use bot A.
Some droids should be better for either spitter xor biter
In my opinion. So the state of the mod is great for an early version. It has very high potential. Keep it up :)

I like being able to read amount of bots with circuits and set rally points. But those features are still very rough and global. (as expected)
My mods: Capsule Ammo | HandyHands - Automatic handcrafting | ChunkyChunks - Configurable Gridlines
Some other creations: Combinassembly Language GitHub w instructions and link to run it in your browser | 0~drain Laser

xenotypex
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by xenotypex »

There is no way I get to 1.2k bots before a crash. I'd say I probably can get to 200-300 before crashing. It's not realistic to expect people to only have one other mod- obviously your mod is either interacting with a game bug that only certain systems manifest or your mod interacts with another popular mod. Your mod is really fantastic when it works, but alas it seems to crash unless I severely restrict the number of active bots.

kyranzor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kyranzor »

Indeed, and I can't reproduce the crash anymore either. There is something strange going on and I hope the devs can shed light on it. I do not expect people to only play with one or two mods.. I don't like that your game experience is being negatively affected.. I want everyone to have an amazing time!

It's obvious that this issue is brought up somehow by my mod but in an inconsistent fashion which makes it much harder to debug than the conveyor belt bug found (and fixed by the devs!) Last week.

depeter
Inserter
Inserter

Post by depeter »

Just to add another data point : during my cheaty testing game, I didn't have any crashes, despite having about 40 mods running (including Bob, Angel, Misanthrope, ...) and letting it run an entire night at 10x game speed and 100% evolution. When I woke up, EvoGUI said that the droids had scored about 30K kills, collecting tens of thousands of Alien Artifacts.
Droid creation was only constrained by the fact that at that point I had only 1 Assembler III (albeit with 3 of Bob's Raw Speed Module 8) building them, just Terminators , I think there were about 200 or so alive in the morning, according to the activity monitor.

@nuhil : it's probably not related to the crash, but Misanthrope and Natural Evolution don't mix well I think (at least according to the Natural Evolution thread, I didn't actually try combining them myself).

kyranzor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kyranzor »

Hey guys...
FB_IMG_1468820598798.jpg
FB_IMG_1468820598798.jpg (47.37 KiB) Viewed 5991 times

nuhll
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nuhll »

depeter wrote:Just to add another data point : during my cheaty testing game, I didn't have any crashes, despite having about 40 mods running (including Bob, Angel, Misanthrope, ...) and letting it run an entire night at 10x game speed and 100% evolution. When I woke up, EvoGUI said that the droids had scored about 30K kills, collecting tens of thousands of Alien Artifacts.
Droid creation was only constrained by the fact that at that point I had only 1 Assembler III (albeit with 3 of Bob's Raw Speed Module 8) building them, just Terminators , I think there were about 200 or so alive in the morning, according to the activity monitor.

@nuhil : it's probably not related to the crash, but Misanthrope and Natural Evolution don't mix well I think (at least according to the Natural Evolution thread, I didn't actually try combining them myself).
We play now over 100 hours with this 2 mods combined, because without, its too easy...never had crash.

First crash appeared after updating and using robot factory.

kyranzor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kyranzor »

I wonder if you play in factorio 0.13.6 or something around that point (make sure not to hold droid in hand and touch any transport belt!) If the crash happens. This may coincide with a .7/.8/.9 where a fix caused a bug elsewhere and now it's showing up in my mod

nuhll
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nuhll »

I dont know. I selected in Steam the (latest) experimental version

bennynater5
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by bennynater5 »

I just made an account so i could let you know that every time i attempt to start the game, it crashes, this is the crash report everytime
---------------------------
Error
Failed to load mod "robotarmy 0.2.0"
__robotarmy__/data.lua:3: __robotarmy__/prototypes/building.lua:202: attempt to call global 'get_circuit_connector_sprites' (a nil value)
OK
i did some digging because of my knowledge of java, and found the nil value, but didn't know what to do with it, please help me fix this as it appears i am the first to report it.

Edit: I just found out i wasn't in alpha 13... Rip

kyranzor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kyranzor »

Yes, this mod doesn't support 0.12.x anymore. This was found and noted on the mod portal discussion threads a few days ago. Thanks for making an account and reporting the bug though, I appreciate it!

Edit: those of you involved in the crash issue from what appears to be robot army related, the devs are working on a fix. The crash is supposedly related to biter (aka, robot droids too) movement math in the game itself and sometimes it ends up with invalid chunks or positions or something which causes the crash. Hopefully we will have a fix for .10 or .11!

nuhll
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.9] Robot Army. 0.2.0

Post by nuhll »

I give up.

I tried now different Mods with this mod together, always, sometimes after 5 somtimes after 1 hour of play the game crashes .... :twisted:

kyranzor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kyranzor »

Never give up nuhll! The bug is being worked on by the Factorio Developers! We will have a fix soon! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

xenotypex
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by xenotypex »

Pathing being the issue would totally make sense as the crash seems to only occur when a large group starts moving at once or coalesces after killing a bug base. If I restrict the spawn to just a couple bots at a time without unlimited spawning I don't seem to get crashes.

nuhll
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nuhll »

kyranzor wrote:Never give up nuhll! The bug is being worked on by the Factorio Developers! We will have a fix soon! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
I wonde rhow long it takes... i dont even find my submited bug anymore. (in the forum)

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrtxETmDwHY

Arumba discovered your mod and totally geeks out over it :D

Had some fun with your bots on Brutemans Stream, really like the mod!

kyranzor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kyranzor »

Haha yeah I saw it yesterday, it's very exciting.

Hey guys also great news, the crash has been set to "fixed for 0.13.10"! Yay. viewtopic.php?f=30&t=29202&start=10

nuhll
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nuhll »

Okay, great do you knbow when this gets released?

Do you know why i cant place the robot chest anymore? I click and it sounds like it has worked, but then it just lays on ground like if i had thrown it away.

Return to “Mods”