[MOD 0.15.X] Belt Overflow

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.X] Belt Overflow

Post by Qon »

sparr wrote:Sure. Items already disappear off the end of the belt here, they just also get spawned on the ground. If you comment out the item spilling line in this mod then it should do what you want.
I immediatly understood that your mod has a little bug from this. Checked your code and sure enough it's broken in an awesome way. So I had to exploit it and found the perfect target! Verified in game:
Infinite ammo!
Infinite ammo!
InfiniAmmoOverflowWall.png (4.34 MiB) Viewed 4630 times
Too bad that QonBots place used repair packs in roboports and inserters can't remove repairpacks from roboports for infinite repairs as well.

I guess this can also be used for infinite science if you like manually extracting science packs...
Repairs any entity and restores durability on anything. I would clean out my PAMKII before trying to repair that one with belts too q:
My mods: Capsule Ammo | HandyHands - Automatic handcrafting | ChunkyChunks - Configurable Gridlines
Some other creations: Combinassembly Language GitHub w instructions and link to run it in your browser | 0~drain Laser

sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sparr »

I'll fix the durability/repair bug. I just need to check the status of the item I'm removing and apply that to the one I spawn.

Not sure about the infinite part. I don't see how that is working. Can you elaborate?

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

sparr wrote:Not sure about the infinite part. I don't see how that is working. Can you elaborate?
The ammo is extracted before it is used up completely. It is put on a belt that will spill immediatly, restoring the health of the mag (restoring the amount of bullets left in it).
The other inserter picks up ammo from the ground, which are all at 100% health since they have all spilled or they wouldn't be there.

It is simply abusing the bug to "repair" the ammo continously by spilling it over and over so it never runs out.
My mods: Capsule Ammo | HandyHands - Automatic handcrafting | ChunkyChunks - Configurable Gridlines
Some other creations: Combinassembly Language GitHub w instructions and link to run it in your browser | 0~drain Laser

swni
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by swni »

I've found a bunch of bugs, in particular the mod crashes in the newest version of Factorio. I posted the bugs on the mods forum but I don't think that forum gives notifications of posts so I thought I'd mention it here. Screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/PDRVT

sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sparr »

Thank you. I will continue to try to eradicate these, and hope eventually the devs just give us a way to track series of belts.

oNcLe
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by oNcLe »

Hello,

instead of overflowing at the end.
It would be nice if damaged belts would loose items from time to time depending on the actual health.

Greetings oNcLe

sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.X] Belt Overflow

Post by sparr »

Updated for 0.15, including many bug fixes!

KingSloth
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by KingSloth »

I'm encountering an error with this mod. http://i.imgur.com/U4sXQVe.jpg Every time I try to start a map, it throws that error.

sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sparr »

Thanks for the report. I'll see if I can fix this.

In the future, if you post issues to github, they will get attention faster.

sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sparr »

Bug fixed in mod version 0.15.4 now on github and mod portal.

Strategic Sage
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Strategic Sage »

Just wanted to say that I've love this idea(tried and wasn't able to implement, coding skills not good enough) and would love to see it in 0.16 if you are willing to update it(if it even is something that needs updating?)

sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sparr »

It shouldn't require any update. Are the devs still requiring mod authors to bump the version of their mods every new version of the game?

Strategic Sage
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Strategic Sage »

They are. Also FWIW, I tried changing the version number listed in the mod and got the following on game loadup with it enabled:

"Error while loading entity prototype 'belt-overflow-indicator'(simple-entity): Key 'icon_size' not found in property tree at ROOT.simple-entity.belt-overflow-indicator". I didn't want to go any further than this simple 'test-to-see' with someone else's work.

Return to “Mods”