[MOD 0.13] Score Extended - rocket score replacement

Topics and discussion about specific mods
binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12+] Score Extended - rocket score replacement

Post by binbinhfr »

Qon wrote:Sent a rocket from my no mods save and got my score back. Thanks for your help.
And if it did not work, don't worry, I would have help you reinsert a good rocket number :-)
My mods on the Factorio Mod Portal :geek:

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

Or I could just build a bigger and better factory that launched all those rockets back up again in 83 minutes instead of the 83 hours it took the first time ;)
My mods: Capsule Ammo | HandyHands - Automatic handcrafting | ChunkyChunks - Configurable Gridlines
Some other creations: Combinassembly Language GitHub w instructions and link to run it in your browser | 0~drain Laser

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

It seems SE doesn't detect roboports placed with instant blueprints at all. I tried to do manual launches and turned auto launch feature on and off again but it didn't help. Thought that SE would find all my silos that were ready to launch when doing that but it didn't work. Had to pick them all up and place them down again normally to solve the problem. Would be nice if I could force the silo scan somehow at the very least ;)
My mods: Capsule Ammo | HandyHands - Automatic handcrafting | ChunkyChunks - Configurable Gridlines
Some other creations: Combinassembly Language GitHub w instructions and link to run it in your browser | 0~drain Laser

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

Would be nice if SE used rockets/minute and seconds/rocket (yes, time/1 rocket makes more sense for the second average so change that too please) when you go above megabase. I mean you didn't code SE for kilobases right? Those won't even need a mod like SE anyways.

I need more precise measurements than what I can get with rockets/h and minutes/rocket.

Thanks ;)
Attachments
I might have used mods that someone could possibly call OP... Just a little bit though.
I might have used mods that someone could possibly call OP... Just a little bit though.
10rpm.png (128.36 KiB) Viewed 5430 times

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

Ok, i'll do it tomorrow.
I'll make it automatical:
if you go above 60 rkts/hr I will change to rkts/min and sec/rckt
but people with small base has also the right to install my mod and try to improve themselves using these averages ! :-)

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

binbinhfr wrote: I'll make it automatical:
if you go above 60 rkts/hr I will change to rkts/min and sec/rckt
Perfect! Thanks.
binbinhfr wrote:but people with small base has also the right to install my mod and try to improve themselves using these averages ! :-)
Yes of course. We have to please the small peop... small base building people too. :lol:

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

Something like that ?
I will soon need a time unit in milliseconds... :D

please update on portal.
screen3.jpg
screen3.jpg (296.48 KiB) Viewed 5413 times

Lejving
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Lejving »

binbinhfr wrote: But if you obtain a nice score (rockets/hour), please post a screencopy in this thread.
Do this count?
Attachments
score.PNG
score.PNG (34.2 KiB) Viewed 5401 times

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

Lejving wrote:Do this count?
not bad at all ! (on my previous screenshot, I obviously cheated ;-)
You should update to new version of the mod to get the new more precise unit in seconds for big launchers like you...

Lejving
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Lejving »

There we go. Mod portal is broken now it didn't want to update so had to do it manually :)
Attachments
rocketzz.PNG
rocketzz.PNG (29.63 KiB) Viewed 5389 times

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

1.4 rocket per minute, that's a good score ! how many rocket silo do you have ?

Lejving
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Lejving »

I have 8 only 4 operational though! The ups is seriously starting to hurt on this save though :(
Attachments
Factorio 0.13.13 2016-08-04 01_04_27.png
Factorio 0.13.13 2016-08-04 01_04_27.png (4.65 MiB) Viewed 5640 times

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

Thanks for your previous update. It's nice.
Now...
Would be nice to know if that's 20.000 or 19.999 rounded up. More precision please? xD Had some unbalanced logistics which resulted in the production drops you see in those graphs. All was going so smooth and steady and then BAM! Now the drops are actually bigger than a regular megabase but the question is, did it affect my launches? The silos are limited by circuits to send exactly 20 rockets/minute. Would be nice to know the exact time it took also (from last reset) and some way to "reset from last launch" so that you can get exact timing instead of trying to press the reset button immediatly after a launch and offset the restart timing by a second.

;)
Attachments
20rpm_prod_drop.png
20rpm_prod_drop.png (2.99 MiB) Viewed 5636 times

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

Lejving wrote:I have 8 only 4 operational though! The ups is seriously starting to hurt on this save though :(
It's not time for you to optimize your factory using my EfficienSee tool ! :-D

@qon :
I'll add a digit precision in a config.lua, but I don't want this window to become too large. 3 significative digits are far enough for most users.

For the rest, I will just add a line : "last period = 3.6sec" that will display the duration between last two launches, independantly from the counter and reset. It will help you to fine tune your launches.

I'll do it tonight if I find the time.

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

binbinhfr wrote:I'll add a digit precision in a config.lua, but I don't want this window to become too large. 3 significative digits are far enough for most users.
1.4 rockets/minute (Lejvings score) and 3.0 seconds/rocket isn't even 3 significant digits though. Seems you dropped some precision with the last update. q:
binbinhfr wrote:For the rest, I will just add a line : "last period = 3.6sec" that will display the duration between last two launches, independantly from the counter and reset. It will help you to fine tune your launches.
Well in that particular screenshot I have 40 silos in pairs taking turns, each pair shooting exactly once per minute but the pairs don't have consistent timings inbetween. So it would not help in that case. I'm going to fix this later though so that I shoot rockets with consistent timings for each launch and not just minutes. But your idea sounds good though.

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

As I don't want to enlarge this window, I will add an option button close to reset button,
and I will integrate precision and some display options :
- show time since last reset "last rest=120s"
- show time between last 2 launches "last period=12.2s" (so no need of "auto-reset at last launch")

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

Sounds good.
But...
binbinhfr wrote:- show time between last 2 launches "last period=12.2s" (so no need of "auto-reset at last launch")
This only shows time of 1 launch. The purpose of the "reset at last launch" + time taken from reset to last launch was so that I can let factorio run over night (<10UPS) to collect my 1h stats. Can't have my eyes glued to the screen to verify the last 2 launches took exactly x seconds for hours and hours.

And if my average is only accurate every 20 rockets then I can choose to only look at it once per minute and get accurate data. If I have 20 lauches per minute then the time between the last to launches might not mean anything. If nothing happens for 59 seconds and then 1 rocket is lauched and after 1 more second the other 19 are launched then it will tell me that it was 59, 1 or 0 seconds between laucnhes when I'm only interested in reset to last launch or maybe sometimes the exact time for the last 20 launches instead of 2. Having a "reset to last launch" is useful for all kinds of bases instead of just some special purpose measurement for the last 2 lauches that might not be useful for that many people.

If you have a base that launches multiple rockets and need the SE mod, then when do you ever want to do a reset at a time that is not a launch?

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

It's not very to me at all.
I understand that if you have several silos that are not synchronised, the "last period" would mean nothing. But then that's what averages are for : smoothing these irregularities...

EDIT: Oh maybe I undertand : by "reset at last launch", do you mean "reset ONCE at last launch then uncheck the option" ? because if you reset at every last launch,you will see the time since every last launch but the averages will always be 0... So maybe, we should call this "reset at next launch".

EDIT : oh yes, you want a "reset at last launch" normal button ! when i red your initial post, I thought that you were asking for an option (checkbox), that's why I did not understood at first. I'll do that. (not always easy to understand between different langages :D )

Infact after a little thinking, I will change the RESET button to always do a reset at last launch. It's much more logical to construct correct averages.

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

Yes, exactly :D

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

1.0.16 - now reset button resets the counter to the last detected launch.
- add a delay field, showing delay since last reset.
- add two arrows to change precision
- add some tooltips

Return to “Mods”