[MOD 0.15.29+] Creative Mode 0.3.12 - Infinite resources

Topics and discussion about specific mods
can00336
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.13+] Creative Mode 0.2.5 - Cheats++, Clicks--

Post by can00336 »

Is there a way to blueprint and place creative chests and creative provider chests that have non-standard filters applied to them?
Currently, the filters do not stick to the placed creative chests.

Thanks!

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

can00336 wrote:Is there a way to blueprint and place creative chests and creative provider chests that have non-standard filters applied to them?
Currently, the filters do not stick to the placed creative chests.

Thanks!
Unfortunately, I can't think of any solution for this. Custom data about an entity cannot persist in blueprints, and we can't find the source entity when the blueprint is built.
Unless entity metadata is supported in the engine, this problem remains unsolvable.

can00336
Inserter
Inserter

Post by can00336 »

Mooncat wrote: Unfortunately, I can't think of any solution for this. Custom data about an entity cannot persist in blueprints, and we can't find the source entity when the blueprint is built.
Unless entity metadata is supported in the engine, this problem remains unsolvable.
That is unfortunate.

Perhaps an alternative solution would be to create another chest item that would only contain items that are used as ingredients for other products. This way bluprinting them would work since the number of items would be small enough to fit in one item grouping.

Alternatively, maybe adding a configuration option for what items default into the creative chests.

Edit: maybe have a cheat option that automatically fulfills requester chest requests, since requests in requester chests blueprint. I like this option the best.

Thanks!

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Request #98798234

Clicking the CM button with a wand in your hand opens CM to the menu for that wand. If you are already on the wand menu page for that wand it closes CM.

hansinator
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by hansinator »

Hi,

first I need to say that I really, really enjoy this mod.

But since I've upgraded to 0.2.5 from 0.1.5 my main sandbox map will give this error on loading and quit immediately:

Code: Select all

Error while running event on_tick (ID 0)
__creative-mode__/scripts/item-providers-util.lua:871: attempt to index field 'last_working_static_container' (a nil value)

Anson
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Anson »

hansinator wrote:But since I've upgraded to 0.2.5 from 0.1.5 my main sandbox map will give this error on loading and quit immediately: ...
this seems to be a known problem (see this post above, will be fixed in the next version), caused by some items placed in a specific way, and your map probably has just that setup on it.

I just got the same problem when i tried to empty wagons really fast by having 6 matter void next to each other and rotated one of them. but since i do frequent autosaves, i easily got a map back without this problem. you probably have to wait for the next version to be able to use your map again, or you could try to install the last version of the mod that didn't have that problem. and if you remove/disable the mod, all its items should be removed from the map too, so that you can load and save the map with a new name and then enable the mod again, load that map and reinstall all the items (if you don't have too many items from the mod which are needed for your factory; i use it almost exclusively for testing and no important real maps)

btw: since an item source can not only fill belts, but also can directly fill chests and wagons, i first had tried unloading a wagon too by directly placing an item sink (matter void) next to it. that didn't work. but when i placed 6 inserters to unload the train and 6 voids, they immediately started to work even before i could place belts between inserters and voids :-) is it intended that they can pickup and void items from the ground or directly from the hand of an inserter? then it would be nice if they could void anything from containers in front of them too, eg chests, wagons, or the output of assemblers.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Request #98723e12

Fluid Box magic wand

Selects all fluid box and puts them in a window for easily editing them. ie. Fluid-type , temp, etc.

Alt-selection will clear all of the selected fluid boxes.

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

can00336 wrote:That is unfortunate.

Perhaps an alternative solution would be to create another chest item that would only contain items that are used as ingredients for other products. This way bluprinting them would work since the number of items would be small enough to fit in one item grouping.

Alternatively, maybe adding a configuration option for what items default into the creative chests.

Edit: maybe have a cheat option that automatically fulfills requester chest requests, since requests in requester chests blueprint. I like this option the best.

Thanks!
I will make a new requester chest with auto refill. But it will not be able to act as a provider chest.

Regarding the blueprint issue, Anson gave me a hint by referring the Text Plates mod. That's a very good mod that deserves more downloads. :D
To anyone who doesn't know why it is related to the blueprint problem: the mod introduces many text plates of different characters and materials, but it doesn't spam the crafting menu. It hides the items and only shows the regular plates. When you place the regular plate, you can select the desired character with its GUI. This is good for the crafting menu, but is tricky for blueprint. You can only access the default plates, how can you build the character plates when you place down the blueprint?

The solution is "circuit signal". The text plates are actually constant combinators. They can store signals internally and the signals can be blueprinted. Each character is mapped with a signal. So, the problem can be solved by this sequence of actions: when a ghost character plate is placed -> get its internal signal -> replace the ghost character plate by a ghost default plate -> assign the signal to the ghost default plate -> when the actual default plate is placed by robot -> replace the default plate by a character plate according to its signal. (Correct me if I am wrong, Earendel :mrgreen: )

But can this solution apply to our situation? Yes, but not so easy. Chests cannot store signals. We will have to use a hidden combinator entity. But then, 1 chest will involve 2 entities. This makes things complicated. We will have to synchronize the chest's settings with the combinator's signals. And when the chest is blueprinted and placed, we will have to do LuaSurface::find_entity to find the associated combinator. It may lag the game if it is done frequently, e.g. many chests are blueprinted and placed.

I will mark this as a possible solution, but I can't guarantee when I will implement this. :geek:

Nexela wrote:Request #98798234

Clicking the CM button with a wand in your hand opens CM to the menu for that wand. If you are already on the wand menu page for that wand it closes CM.
Opening the magic wand menu has been implemented (but bugged, will be fixed).
Or do you mean switching to the menu even if another menu is opened? I can do it. ;)

hansinator wrote:Hi,

first I need to say that I really, really enjoy this mod.

But since I've upgraded to 0.2.5 from 0.1.5 my main sandbox map will give this error on loading and quit immediately:

Error while running event on_tick (ID 0)
__creative-mode__/scripts/item-providers-util.lua:871: attempt to index field 'last_working_static_container' (a nil value)
Looks like the error is more serious than I thought, I think I will delay the new mod and switch back to the patch for CM first.

Anson wrote:btw: since an item source can not only fill belts, but also can directly fill chests and wagons, i first had tried unloading a wagon too by directly placing an item sink (matter void) next to it. that didn't work.
It is already implemented. But I suppose the (intentional) inconsistent settings have confused you. Open a matter void -> to the top left, open its settings menu -> tick "Can remove from vehicles in front". This is disabled by default to avoid items being removed when your car passes through a matter void. And yes, matter void can remove items from chests and the output slots of assembling machines. 8-)

Nexela wrote:Request #98723e12

Fluid Box magic wand

Selects all fluid box and puts them in a window for easily editing them. ie. Fluid-type , temp, etc.

Alt-selection will clear all of the selected fluid boxes.
A good idea! But is it better if I group this functionalities into the modifier magic wand? Having too many magic wands may confuse users and produce many unnecessary steps (e.g. switch magic wands). :P

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Mooncat wrote:Opening the magic wand menu has been implemented (but bugged, will be fixed).
This one! Would just jumping to the options a lot quicker.

Mooncat wrote:A good idea! But is it better if I group this functionalities into the modifier magic wand? Having too many magic wands may confuse users and produce many unnecessary steps (e.g. switch magic wands).
I gave some thought to it. and while the final implementation is of course up to you, I think for the off the wall thing like fluid boxes a different wand would be better. especially since each entity can have multiple fluid boxes. etc etc.

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

Nexela wrote:
Mooncat wrote:Opening the magic wand menu has been implemented (but bugged, will be fixed).
This one! Would just jumping to the options a lot quicker.

Mooncat wrote:A good idea! But is it better if I group this functionalities into the modifier magic wand? Having too many magic wands may confuse users and produce many unnecessary steps (e.g. switch magic wands).
I gave some thought to it. and while the final implementation is of course up to you, I think for the off the wall thing like fluid boxes a different wand would be better. especially since each entity can have multiple fluid boxes. etc etc.
hm... maybe you are right. The UI for multiple fluid boxes can be an issue. We will see if it is possible to fit in the modifier magic wand popup with the new APIs in 0.15. If not, we will have another magic wand. ;)

About the error caused by Matter Source/Void/Duplicator, I have found the reason and the fix. I will release a patch for this within these few days (before 20). But in case you can't wait, here is the easy, quick, but not so proper fix:
Open scripts/item-providers-util.lua, search "Unknwon type.". There should be only 2 results. Under "entity_data.last_working_static_container = nil", add "return". So it becomes this:

-- Unknown type.
entity_data.last_working_static_container = nil
return
And it is done. ;)
Cause of the error: to speed up the code execution, I have stored a list of entity types that are supposed to have inventories so that the matter entities can work on them. But I forgot the burner entities that don't have inventories other than fuel slots. A common burner entity is the burner inserter. The matter X entities are also burner inserters. That's why error occurred when I placed a matter void pointing a matter source. For people who play with burner mods, it is expected that this error may occur more often. Sorry for your inconvenience.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Mooncat wrote: Cause of the error: to speed up the code execution, I have stored a list of entity types that are supposed to have inventories so that the matter entities can work on them. But I forgot the burner entities that don't have inventories other than fuel slots. A common burner entity is the burner inserter. The matter X entities are also burner inserters. That's why error occurred when I placed a matter void pointing a matter source. For people who play with burner mods, it is expected that this error may occur more often. Sorry for your inconvenience.
I think I have had this error crop on pointing a void at a cargo wagon also.

can00336
Inserter
Inserter

Post by can00336 »

Would it be possible to add a creative lab, a lab that runs without needing packs?

Thanks.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

can00336 wrote:Would it be possible to add a creative lab, a lab that runs without needing packs?

Thanks.
Using instant research does that without the need of placing an entity.

can00336
Inserter
Inserter

Post by can00336 »

Optera wrote:Using instant research does that without the need of placing an entity.
Yes, but it does not allow you to test research timings compared to lab numbers. This functionality will be useful when infinite science comes out in 0.15.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Why would you need to test the timings? It's just a matter of throughput and how long it takes to do one round of research. This is getting rather arcane.
Maintainer and developer of Atomic Power. See here for more information.
Current release: 0.6.6 - Requires 0.14.x
Example build - Requires 0.14.x

hansinator
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by hansinator »

Anson wrote:
hansinator wrote:But since I've upgraded to 0.2.5 from 0.1.5 my main sandbox map will give this error on loading and quit immediately: ...
this seems to be a known problem (see this post above, will be fixed in the next version), caused by some items placed in a specific way, and your map probably has just that setup on it.

I just got the same problem when i tried to empty wagons really fast by having 6 matter void next to each other and rotated one of them. but since i do frequent autosaves, i easily got a map back without this problem. you probably have to wait for the next version to be able to use your map again, or you could try to install the last version of the mod that didn't have that problem. and if you remove/disable the mod, all its items should be removed from the map too, so that you can load and save the map with a new name and then enable the mod again, load that map and reinstall all the items (if you don't have too many items from the mod which are needed for your factory; i use it almost exclusively for testing and no important real maps)
Thank you for the insight. I've got hundreds of test setups with even more matter sources and voids on my test map and removing them isn't an option. However, some of them are rotated to switch them off. Some of them are positioned on a belt curve so that they eat up just one lane. But I don't use burner stuff or cargo wagons in conjunction with matter voids. I'll try to rotate the ones in question and see if it works.
Mooncat wrote: Looks like the error is more serious than I thought, I think I will delay the new mod and switch back to the patch for CM first.
That would be really nice. For me it is not urgent, as I am still using v0.1.5. I didn't even notice there's a new version until recently.

BTW: The reason I've got so many test setups and creative mode entities is that each time I make some changes to a design I copy it and place it next to the old version to have something like a version history where I can see how a change affected the operation. Maybe I should have a look into modding Factorio, especially the blueprint stuff. I imagine it would be simpler if I could just place a special flooring and make an entity or menu that allows me to blueprint what's inside such a special flooring area. Then I could keep a history of such blueprints and offer a button to instantly restore a previous version. Is that even possible with the current modding API?

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

I'm having problems with my Logistic Train Network Mod. When instant blueprint is enabled it places down IO entities, that I require being placed only by script.
Using flags = {"not-blueprintable", "not-deconstructable"} is not an option as circuit connections would always have to be made by hand. Is there another simple work around?

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

Nexela wrote:I think I have had this error crop on pointing a void at a cargo wagon also.
oh... then I have no idea. But I have fixed it so that nothing will be done if last_working_static_container is nil. So the worst case is "nothing happens" rather than "throwing an error". ;)

can00336 wrote:Would it be possible to add a creative lab, a lab that runs without needing packs?

Thanks.
Just place a matter source next to the lab and you will find magic. But if you have mods that have multiple labs to take different research materials, like the Bob's ones, you will have to do this for each lab.
I don't think it is possible to make a lab without taking materials. A lab without material slot will simply means it cannot research. I can make a lab to have enough slots to take all research materials instead. But as Fatmice said, I doubt it is useful.
hansinator wrote:BTW: The reason I've got so many test setups and creative mode entities is that each time I make some changes to a design I copy it and place it next to the old version to have something like a version history where I can see how a change affected the operation. Maybe I should have a look into modding Factorio, especially the blueprint stuff. I imagine it would be simpler if I could just place a special flooring and make an entity or menu that allows me to blueprint what's inside such a special flooring area. Then I could keep a history of such blueprints and offer a button to instantly restore a previous version. Is that even possible with the current modding API?
Not entirely sure what did you mean. But as long as no new entity mechanism is involved, since you are talking about blueprint, I believe it is possible with the current API. That said, I would just sit and wait for the blueprint library in 0.15. :lol:

Optera wrote:I'm having problems with my Logistic Train Network Mod. When instant blueprint is enabled it places down IO entities, that I require being placed only by script.
Using flags = {"not-blueprintable", "not-deconstructable"} is not an option as circuit connections would always have to be made by hand. Is there another simple work around?
I have just downloaded the newest version from mod portal and tested it. I know what you meant and I have an idea. But before that, let me talk about my observation first. I don't know whether you have already known this issue: I had a LTN station with its lamp connected to a constant combinator, like the images on mod portal, and I blueprinted them. When I placed down the blueprint (without instant blueprint) and robots built them, the wire was lost.

To solve this problem, I think you will need to use LuaSurface::find_entity to check whether there are the ghosts of IO entities. If so, revive them instead of creating new ones. This will keep the wires.

Now, back to our original problem. Since you have LuaSurface::find_entity now, maybe add another pair to check if the IO entities are already built? :mrgreen:
(Can't think of any help on my side except hardcoding entity names to ignore in instant blueprint. But that's the last resort.)

(1 or 2 more hours for testing and I will release 0.2.6)

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.13+] Creative Mode 0.2.6 - Bug fix, super modules

Post by Mooncat »

v0.2.6 has been released. Added autofill requester chest, super beacon and 7 super modules. Here is the release note, which is also included in version history:

Version 0.2.6 (Jan 19, 2017):
- New:
  • New entities: autofill requester chest, super beacon.
  • 7 super modules: speed, effectivity, productivity, clean, slow, consumption, pollution.
  • Separated the reach distance personal cheat into reach distance and build distance.
  • Separated the reach distance team cheat into reach distance and build distance.
  • New personal cheat: repair mined item.
  • New option for the alternate mode of the Healer magic wand: don't affect indestructible entities.
  • New options for both modes of the Modifier magic wand: ignore indestructible entities.
- Improvements:
  • Matter Source/Void/Duplicator can now work properly on beacons.
  • Clicking the main menu button while holding a magic wand will open the menu for that magic wand, even if the main menu is already opened.
  • The messages after the value of a numeric cheat is changed by a player now shows the rounded value instead of the input value, if such cheat rounds the value into integer.
    • E.g. if you change your team reach distance to "2.5", the message will show "2" instead of "2.5".
- Fixes:
  • Matter Source/Void/Duplicator can now work properly on entities that have fuel slots but no other type of inventory instead of throwing error.
  • Fixed error when destroying a text plate from the Text Plates mod, or entities that are destroyed by other mods during on_entity_died, using the magic wands.
  • Fixed the UI bug that if the menu was opened while holding a magic wand, the last opened menu was not closed properly.
  • The keep last item personal cheat now works properly after a damaged entity is placed, if you have a spare inventory slot.
- Minor changes:
  • Reordered the super robots and super roboport to the same line of the cargo wagons on crafting menu.
Enjoy. Please report bugs as usual. When things go to this scale, it is very likely that fixing a bug will introduce more bugs. :P

Due to time limitation, the true "Disable CM" thing is postponed to the next version, together with the new initial popup.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.13+] Creative Mode 0.2.6 - Bug fix, super modules

Post by Nexela »

Script Crash - Using healer wand on entites that are destroyed in another mods on_built_entity

1999.003 Error MainLoop.cpp:788: Exception at tick 26154: Error while running event on_player_selected_area (ID 49)
LuaEntity API call when LuaEntity was invalid.
stack traceback:
__creative-mode__/scripts/magic-wand-healer.lua:132: in function 'create_smoke_effect_at_entity_position'
__creative-mode__/scripts/magic-wand-healer.lua:165: in function 'on_player_selected_area'
__creative-mode__/scripts/events.lua:390: in function '?'
__creative-mode__/scripts/events.lua:802: in function <__creative-mode__/scripts/events.lua:737>

Replicate with text_plates mod:
Create some text_plates, blueprint the text plates, place the blueprint somewhere (with instant blueprint off :)), use the healer wand to revive them.

Also while this is being fixed can you add revived=true to the event table that is passed to on_built_entity after calling revive()
Some of my mods make use of this to discern if the entity was built/revivied via script, Also I put in a request to the text plates author to incorporate the same kind of system.

for an example of what I am talking about:
scripts.util.lua:184 change from current to:

util.raise_event(defines.events.on_built_entity,
		{
			player_index = reviver_player.index,
			created_entity = revived_entity,
                        revived = true
		})
Also love the latest round of additions!!!!!!! and
Request #21342352132412321.09
Item_stack details for modifier wand if entity is item-on-ground!

Return to “Mods”