[MOD 0.14.x][v0.1.0] VW Transporter - NEW: Cargo Van

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Teralink
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.x][v0.0.8] VW Transporter - NEW: Electric Van

Post by Teralink »

Oh no, that's bad... I have no idea what could cause the black screen. Are there any log files of the server that could point me in the right direction?
Last edited by Teralink on Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

Teralink wrote:Oh no, that's bad... I have no idea what could cause the black screen. Are there any log files of the server that could point me in the right direction.
That's the problem, there was no log entry out of the ordinary either. I've just brought the server down to apply 0.14.8 so I'll sneak in another test. If it black screens again then we'll know there's definitely something weird going on in the mod.

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

That was fun, 0.14.8 won't load with mods, it complains about a global redefinition and dies.

Rolled back to 0.14.7 and put vwtransporter0.0.9 in again.

Code: Select all

11.350 Info PrototypeMigrationList.cpp:87: Activating migration vwtransporter/vwtransporter_0.0.8.json
  11.350 Warning PrototypeMigrationList.cpp:152: "vwtransporterelectric" mentioned as FROM in prototype migration was not found in the map prototype dictionary, ignoring ...
  22.752 Applying migration: VW Transporter: vwtransporter_0.0.8.lua
in the log when starting but no idea if it's bad or not.

This time I got in ok, no black screen. Since this morning I increased the memory the server runs in so that may have been the problem.

aubergine18
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aubergine18 »

It's likely the vehicle sprites taking up extra RAM.
Better forum search for modders: Enclose your search term in quotes, eg. "font_color" or "custom-input" - it prevents the forum search from splitting on hypens and underscores, resulting in much more accurate results.

Teralink
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Teralink »

The message in the log file isn't bad. It's because your map was saved without my mod installed, so no existing vehicles were found to convert by the migration script.
Ram usage of my vehicles didn't increase since 0.0.7. A single sprite sheet is about 1 MB. I'm no expert, but I think that's not much at all(?)

I'm very happy that you've got it running again! So I think that I can release 0.0.9 to the public and continue to work on 0.1.0. :D

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

Yeah I doubt it was due to a few extra MB but I only mention it for the sake of completeness. Put it down to unknown binary wibbles. But I couldn't just take it offline for hours and fiddle with it. Thanks for your effort, the icecream van of doom is back in action.

Teralink
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.x][v0.1.0] VW Transporter - NEW: Cargo Van

Post by Teralink »

New Update: Cargo van with bigger inventory for manual deliveries. Have fun!

aubergine18
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aubergine18 »

loving the new van!

would it be possible to somehow change it's sprite so that when it has no cargo the pile of stuff in the back disappears?
Better forum search for modders: Enclose your search term in quotes, eg. "font_color" or "custom-input" - it prevents the forum search from splitting on hypens and underscores, resulting in much more accurate results.

aubergine18
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aubergine18 »

Another vehicle request: Morris Minor car

I know several people who have a Morris, and all of them have one thing in common: Their car is usually in various stages of deconstruction due to repairs or general mechanical tinkering. It sounds like the sort of car a Factorian would have as a "labour of love' hobby while not building his or her factory.

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

I bet the yanks would go for a version of that Dukes of Hazzard car (no idea wtf brand it was though).

Teralink
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Teralink »

I would love to make the pile of stuff disappear when the vehicles inventory is empty. I don't know if it's possible, I will definitely have a look into it.

Both suggested cars would fit in the world of factorio, I think. If I'm not mistaken, the The Dukes of Hazzard car was a Dodge Charger. Though there is no room for completely different cars in the VW Transporter mod.

aubergine18
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aubergine18 »

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Get this error message:
Attachments
vwtransporter.png
vwtransporter.png (41.54 KiB) Viewed 5036 times

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

steinio