Bob's Electronic Circuits revamp (plan)

Topics and discussion about specific mods
bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Bob's Electronic Circuits revamp (plan)

Post by bobingabout »

The idea in this instance is to use my Ores and Metals mods as a base to improve upon the Electronics progression, and chance recipe's where needed to use the apropriate intermediate item.

This mod is still in the design phase, but I would like some feedback on the plan.
Parts:

Wooden Board x2 = Wood (in turn made from raw wood)
Phenolic Board = Wooden Board + resin
Fibreglass Board = Glass + Plastic

copper wire x2 = copper plate
tinned copper wire x3 = 3x copper wire + 2x tin
electric cable = tinned copper wire + plastic

solder x10 = 9x tin plate + silver plate + copper plate + 2x resin (flux)

Circuits:

Basic electro-connective board = wooden board + 3x copper wire
electro-connective board = Phenolic board + copper plate + tin plate + Ferric Chloride Solution
superior electro-connective board = Fibreglass Board + copper plate + gold plate + Ferric Chloride Solution

Electronic Circuit Board = electro-connective board + electronic components + solder
Processing Circuit Board = Superior electro-connective board + electronic components + intergrated electronics + solder

Electronics:

Electronic Components = plastic + tinned copper wire + carbon
Intergrated Electronics = Silicon + plastic + tinned copper wire + sulfuric Acid

Chemicals:

Ferric Chloride Solution: Iron ore + Hydrogen Chloride
if you havn't heard of it, it is likely in one of my other mods. the only exception being Resin, which I plan to add later.

So far, this is only a plan for the recipes, and quantities of components might not be accurate. the existing Electronic Circuit, Advanced Electronic Circuit, and Processing unit are planned to be removed/disabled to be replaced with these.
As you might have noticed, there are more of my new items than the existing 3, Some possible examples include:

in some earlier recipes such as the water extraction pump that currently uses electronic circuit, replacing them with either simply copper wires, or a basic electro-conductive board, or a combination of the 2 would be the plan. Basic Electro-Conductive board is supposed to be on par with the existing Electronic Circuit item anyway.
some later things like a substation that currently uses Advanced Electronic Circuits would likely instead use one or more of the following as a replacement: Electro-Conductive Board, or Superior Electro-Conductive Board, and/or Electric Cables.
Even further down the line, such as the drones would likely use the Processing Circuit Board, though I know that is a higher level than what they currently use, being on par with the Processing Unit, rather than Advanced Circuits.
Things such as the Modules might have a recepie that includes an Electro-Conductive Board, and the Electronic Components/Intergrated Electronics rather than being made from already completed circuit boards.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

darius456
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Bob's Electronic Circuits revamp (plan)

Post by darius456 »

Wrong place, move it to "Work In Progress Mods".
Lenovo Y580 8GB Ram GF660m 128GB SSD W7

Vitduo
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Vitduo »

I think it should be deleted

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

moved from main mods
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

omegasrevenge
Inserter
Inserter

Post by omegasrevenge »

I like intermediates. I like more complicated intermediates more. But I like useful stuff the most. If you put in more and more useful buildings or items which are more and more complex to make, then you are fulfilling the wishes of all factorio players everywhere. That's why we play this game.

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

omegasrevenge wrote:I like intermediates. I like more complicated intermediates more. But I like useful stuff the most. If you put in more and more useful buildings or items which are more and more complex to make, then you are fulfilling the wishes of all factorio players everywhere. That's why we play this game.
+1
Check out my mods

Return to “Mods”