Astrinaar
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[MOD 0.15] Vehicle turrets

Post by Astrinaar »

• Name: Vehicle turrets
  • Version: 0.1.8
  • Factorio-Version: 0.15
  • Description: Adds upgradeable vehicle gun and rocket turrets, for a fun alternative to turret creep
  • License: MIT
  • Release: 2017-03-15
  • Download-Url: https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Astrinaa ... le-turrets
  • Tags: Weapons, Turrets, Offense
Long Description:
This mod aims to give the player a strong but fair way to attack biter nests. Factorio is all about crafting, that's why reusable laser turrets for turret creep needs another strong and more fun alternative. Vehicle turrets use ammunition rapidly, so they require ammo automation. Driving a tank, shooting explosive cannon shells while your turrets shred any biters that try to come close, also happens to be a lot more satisfying experience.

The mod adds a vehicle gun turret and a vehicle rocket turret, which follow a vehicle and use ammunition from the vehicles inventory. The rocket turret uses a new type of ammunition - rocket magazines, which are balanced around a faster attack speed. The gun turret can use custom ammo from other mods, if you manually insert it once, for the mod to recognize it. (https://puu.sh/ym2Ty/6864451b6c.gif)

Start out small with just 1 vehicle turret, and research upgrades to have up to 4 turrets per vehicle. The turrets themselves can be upgraded too, with increased health, damage and range.
pictures
I put a lot of work into polishing my creations. If I somehow missed a bug, please do let me know and I'll see if I can fix it ASAP.
Thanks for trying out my mod! - Astrinaar
Last edited by Astrinaar on Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mr.YaR
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15] Vehicle turrets

Post by Mr.YaR »

Hello)

Been using vehicule turrets for some 10s of hours in lan - no apparent troubles - everything seem to work

Is it possible to do a graphics-less version centred on vehicles to create and illusion of coaxial/secondary mg/rocket fired from the main turret? Mainly for AAI usage (as AAI can't use more than one weapon).

Return to “Mods”