[Mod 0.14] Roots

Topics and discussion about specific mods
jmickle_
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[Mod 0.14] Roots

Post by jmickle_ »

Roots is based around the simple idea of adding a mineable wood resource to the game.

Through extension I have also added a weaker layer of technology (belt, inserter, mining drill) built from wood and stone, and changed the starting items to make a more feudal and slower start to the game. This has not been balanced yet and may be subject to huge changes.

There are no real custom graphics for anything yet, everything is just recolors of existing items, but I would like to get to creating some high quality assets for everything added.

The future plans are to give the player new options of technology paths to go through at the start of the game, since until decisions like trains/bots etc. can be made, there are very few paths the player can choose for their factories. This will involve a couple new resource ideas and entities inspired by things like the Crusher/Compressors from Yuoki Industries.

Available on github here:
https://github.com/jmickle66666666/root ... ree/master

This mod is still in experimental stages but I thought it's in a state enough to share and see what people think so far.

Return to “Mods”