Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[MOD 0.10.x] Recipe change of power armor

Post by Nova »

Image Deutscher Text

Image English text:

What does this mod do?
The mod changes some recipes. Now the power armor needs the basic modular armor (2x) and the power armor MK2 needs the power armor to be crafted.

Why?
The basic modular armor was useless after you have crafted the power armor. The same applies to the power armor and the power armor MK2. Now you can use this armor to craft better kinds and don't have to destroy, throw away or indefinitely store the lower tier armor.

Should I use this mod?
Use the mod, if...
  • you want to craft the lower tiers of modular armor, but still want to upgrade to better armor in the late game.
Don't use the mod, if...
  • you skip the basic modular armor and the power armor, and craft the power armor MK2 right away.
  • you don't use any modular armor at all.
  • you use a mod which changes the modular armor.
Download
www.file-upload.net

Installation
  • Download the mod.
  • Move the zip file into the "mods" folder of the factorio main folder. Don't unzip the file.
  • (re-)Start Factorio.
  • "Automatically activate new mods" - If this is deactivated, you have to manually activate the mod. Click on "Mods" in the main menu and activate the mod. After that, restart Factorio.
  • The mod should work everywhere without any further action: campaign, scenarios, freeplay...
Details
The recipe of the basic modular armor was not changed.

The recipe for the power armor:
  • 0x Basic modular armor → 2x Basic modular armor (Added the Basic modular armor as ingredient.)
  • 100x Processing Unit → 80x Processing Unit (Reduced because the Basic modular armor already needs 5x Processing Unit and 30x Advanced Circuit. I did "convert" 60x Advanced Circuit into 10x Processing Unit and then deducted them from the recipe.)
  • 100x Steel plate → 0x Steel plate. (Removed because the Basic modular armor already contains 50x Steel plate each.)
  • 30x Electric engine unit (no change)
  • 10x Alien artifact (no change)
The recipe for the power armor MK2:
  • 0x Power armor → 1x Power armor (Added the Power armor as ingredient.)
  • 200x Processing Unit → 120x Processing Unit (Reduced because the Power armor already needs 80x Processing Unit.)
  • 50x Steel plate → 0x Steel plate. (Removed because the Power armor already contains 100x Steel plate. This makes the Power armor MK2 slightly more expensive, but you save some steel plates because you don't lose it due to the previous armor.)
  • 50x Alien artifact → 40x Alien artifact (The power armor already contains 10x Alien artifact.)
  • 5x Speed module 3 (no change)
  • 5x Effectivity module 3 (no change)
I was thinking about adding the steel armor as ingredient to the basic modular armor, but it would create an additional need for 100x Copper to the basic modular armor. I did want to keep the changes pretty low and still maintain the costs for the armor at the same level. That's the reason why the steel armor is still useless after you got the basic modular armor.

Pictures
The power armor in the crafting menu.

Incompatibilities
This mod is incompatible with...
  • any mod which changes the recipes of the power armor or the power armor MK2.
Languages
This mod doesn't contain any text beside the mod informations. Translations are not needed.

Miscellaneous
Please report errors, bugs and mistakes of the mod or this description.
You are allowed to use this mod for videos and mod packs. (Credit would be nice, but is not mandatory.)
If I stop supporting this mod and it's still needed, someone else is allowed to continue it.
All translations should have the same meaning, but please report any ambiguities if existing. In case of doubt the German version takes precedence, but nobody will be punished if he/she relys on another translation.
Last edited by Nova on Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:03 am, edited 5 times in total.
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.10.x] Recipe change of power armor

Post by Nova »

Image Deutscher Text:

Was macht diese Mod?
Diese Mod ändert zwei Rezepte. Die Powerrüstung braucht nun zwei Mal die grundlegende modulare Rüstung und die Powerrüstung MK2 braucht nun ein Mal die Powerrüstung.

Warum?
Die grundlegende modulare Rüstung wird nutzlos, nachdem man sich die Powerrüstung gebaut hat. Das Gleiche gilt auch für die Powerrüstung und Powerrüstung MK2. Diese Mod fügt die einfacheren modularen Rüstungen als Zutat für die besseren hinzu und passt die Rezepte dementsprechend an. Dies löst das Problem, dass man, nachdem man sich eine bessere Rüstung gebaut hat, die alte zerstören, wegwerfen oder einfach für immer irgendwo lagern muss.

Sollte ich diese Mod benutzen?
Benutze die Mod, wenn...
  • du dir die grundlegende modulare Rüstung bauen willst, um später erst auf Powerrüstung und dann auf Powerrüstung MK2 umzusteigen.
Benutze die Mod nicht, wenn...
  • du die grundlegende modulare Rüstung und die Powerrüstung gar nicht baust, sondern direkt die Powerrüstung MK2 herstellst.
  • du überhaupt keine modulare Rüstung benutzt.
  • du eine Mod benutzt, welche die modularen Rüstungen verändert.
Download
www.file-upload.net

Installation
  • Downloade die Mod.
  • Verschiebe die Zip-Datei in den "Mods"-Ordner im Hauptordner von Factorio. Entpacke sie nicht.
  • Starte Factorio (neu).
  • "Automatisch neue Mods aktivieren" - Falls diese Einstellung deaktiviert ist, musst du die Mod manuell aktivieren. Klicke dafür im Factorio-Hauptmenü auf "Mods" und aktiviere dort "Power armor recipe change". Danach musst du Factorio neustarten.
  • Die Mod müsste überall ohne weiteres Zutun funktionieren: Kampagne, Szenarien, freies Spiel...
Details
Das Rezept für die grundlegende modulare Rüstung wurde nicht geändert.

Das Rezept für die Powerrüstung:
  • 0x Grundlegende modulare Rüstung → 2x Grundlegende modulare Rüstung (Die grundlegende modulare Rüstung wurde als Zutat hinzugefügt.)
  • 100x Prozesseinheit → 80x Prozesseinheit (Verringert, da die grundlegende modulare Rüstung bereits jeweils 30x Erweiterter Schaltkreis und 5x Prozesseinheit benötigt. Ich habe 60x Erweiterter Schaltkreis in 10x Prozesseinheit "umgerechnet" und diese dann zusätzlich abgezogen.)
  • 100x Stahlträger → 0x Stahlträger. (Entfernt, weil die grundlegende modulare Rüstung bereits jeweils 50x Stahlträger benötigt.)
  • 30x Elektrische Maschinenanlage (Keine Änderung.)
  • 10x Alien-Artefakt (Keine Änderung.)
Das Rezept für die Powerrüstung MK2:
  • 0x Powerrüstung → 1x Powerrüstung (Die Powerrüstung wurde als Zutat hinzugefügt.)
  • 200x Prozesseinheit → 120x Prozesseinheit (Verringert, weil die Powerrüstung bereits 80x Prozesseinheit benötigt.)
  • 50x Stahlträger → 0x Stahlträger. (Entfernt, weil die Powerrüstung durch die grundlegende modulare Rüstung bereits 100x Stahlträger kostet. Dies ist eigentlich teurer als vorher, aber dadurch, dass man jetzt einen Verwendungszweck für die Powerrüstung hat, kann man auch etwas Stahl sparen, sobald man die Powerrüstung MK2 baut.)
  • 50x Alien-Artefakt → 40x Alien-Artefakt (Die Powerrüstung enthält bereits 50 Alien-Artefakte.)
  • 5x Geschwindigkeitsmodul 3 (Keine Änderung.)
  • 5x Energiesparmodul 3 (Keine Änderung.)
Ich habe darüber nachgedacht, für die grundlegende modulare Rüstung die Stahlrüstung als Zutat zu nehmen, allerdings würde diese dadurch 100x Kupferplatte zusätzlich kosten. Da ich den Materialverbrauch nicht allzu stark verändern wollte, habe ich dies dann nicht umgesetzt.

Bilder
Die Powerrüstung MK2 im Crafting-Menü.

Inkompabilitäten
Diese Mod ist inkompatibel mit...
  • jeder Mod, welche die Rezepte für die Powerrüstung oder für die Powerrüstung MK2 ändert.
Sprachen
Diese Mod enthält neben dem Infotext keinen weiteren Text und braucht daher auch nicht übersetzt zu werden.

Verschiedenes
Bitte berichte mir von Bugs, Rechtschreibfehlern, oder sonstigen Ungereimtheiten sowohl von der Mod selber als auch von dieser Beschreibung.
Du hast die Erlaubnis, diese Mod für Videos und Modpacks zu verwenden. (Namensnennung ist erwünscht, aber nicht verpflichtend.)
Falls ich aufhöre, diese Mod weiter aktuell zu halten, darf jemand anders sie übernehmen.
Alle Übersetzungen sollten die gleiche Bedeutung haben, aber bitte berichte mir von jedem wichtigen Unterschied. Im Zweifelsfall hat die deutsche Version Priorität. Allerdings werde ich es niemandem übel nehmen, wenn er oder sie sich auf eine anderssprachige Version stützt.
Last edited by Nova on Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:08 am, edited 4 times in total.
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

Vitduo
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Vitduo »

any mod which changes the recipes of the power armor or the power armor MK2.
As I know, no one mod change power armors' recipes.
P. S. Epic description! Looks like as you're writer

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nova »

Don't know about that. :D
The mod changes the recipes, and any other mod which changes the recipe, too, would either overwrite this mod or by itself overwritten.

Creating the description did take more time than the mod itself... Yeah, the mod is pretty small, yes. I hope I can use the format of the description for future mods. I got some help from guys of the factorio IRC to correct some spelling mistakes in the description, mostly Malachite and sphex. Thanks to them. :)
Greetings, Nova.

Return to “Mods”