[Concept 0.10.0] MoToolBar

Topics and discussion about specific mods
ludsoe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[Concept 0.10.0] MoToolBar

Post by ludsoe »

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1zauu ... oolbar.zip

Not sure why I started working on this project, but its a ToolBar thingy that allows the player to configure which buttons are displayed. And its ran through script interfaces, for maximum mod cross compatibility. This is in no means a final product. And there are no released mods that use it right now. (I do have some dev builds of the MoMods that have compatability.) I'm posting this to see if its actually worth while to make it.

I'm also taking suggestions on ways I can make it better.

Features:
Choose which buttons to display! Your preferences are saved.
Script interfaces for easy mod integration.

Code: Select all

--remote.call("MoToolBar", "addbutton",gui name,Button Caption"Interface,interface function,Modname,Description)
--gui name must be unique or it will error out.
if remote.interfaces.MoToolBar and remote.interfaces.MoToolBar.addbutton then
	remote.call("MoToolBar", "addbutton","calcffps","Detect FF Posts","MoCombat","detectforcefields","MoCombat","Detect Force Field Posts")
end

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [Concept 0.10.0] MoToolBar

Post by drs9999 »

I have to admit that I don't understand for what it's exactly good for. Can you give a (common) use-case?

ludsoe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ludsoe »

Its basicly a GUI that allows other mods to put buttons in it. Instead of each mod adding their own buttons where ever the Toolbar holds them all and gives users the ability to hide buttons.

Currently mods can use the remote interface to add buttons, that when clicked call back to the mod that added it. Right now i only used it to add buttons for running commands. But you could have it setup so it calls a function that sends you to 0,0 or opens up another GUI.

ludsoe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ludsoe »

Well i just micropatched MoPower and MoCombat to include their mod support for this, you can download them from the MoMods thread.
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =14&t=2778

Return to “Mods”