Sandbox Units

Topics and discussion about specific mods

Do you like the idea of this?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:49 pm

Yes, I like both modules!
100%
Yes, I like the Sandbox Power module, but not the Sandbox Items module.
No votes
Yes, I like the Sandbox Items module, but not the Sandbox Power module.
No votes
No, I don't like either.
No votes

Total votes: 5

dante123113
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Sandbox Units

Post by dante123113 »

I am currently woringk on a mod that will be used for testing purposes, or for use in sandboxish saves, thus, I am calling the mod "Sandbox Units".
Prezombie wrote:Could we get some custom units for cheaty generation of items/electricity?

A small unit which outputs a custom amount of electricity for free, and an electric pole with an aura range of 100?

Similarly, something acting like an electric drill, but outputs a selected item for free.

A tool to toggle the "ghost mode" of Sandbox mode would be neat too.
I am working on the mod, and have a semi-working version available! Beginning releases will be early-alpha, and BUGS ARE TO BE EXPECTED! If you find a bug, please report it, I would appreciate it! This will be the first mod I have truly put time into, and if you could all please be patient, I would really appreciate it. The two Sandbox Units will be as follows.
Modules
STATUS OF MODULES
CREDITS: PLEASE READ!
CREDITS
Download:
Instructions
CURRENTLY THE SANDBOX-ITEMS UNIT IS AN ASSEMBLING MACHINE WITH SPEED OF 999, IT MUST BE CONNECTED TO A POWER UNIT, BUT DRAWS NO POWER
The files are there if you want to look, CRITIQUES ARE WELCOME! https://github.com/dante123113/SandboxUnits
Last edited by dante123113 on Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:11 pm, edited 10 times in total.

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Sandbox Units

Post by FreeER »

Technical info about switching controllers now spoilered since dante has seen it
Glad you found it helpful :)

dante123113
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by dante123113 »

Quote with technical stuff about switching controllers
Last edited by dante123113 on Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Lumikins
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Lumikins »

If you open up the DyTech metallurgy mod there's a Wind Generator that outputs wind infinitely in game. I opened up the recipes.lua and found this:

Code: Select all

{
    type = "recipe",
    name = "metallurgy-liquid-air",
	category = "air-collection",
	enabled = false,
    ingredients = {},
    results = 
	{
	  {type="fluid", name="liquid-air", amount=1}
	}
  },
Using this you can probably hack up a recipe to take nothing and output whatever item you want. It seems like the game allows the ingredients { } field to be empty. An empty ingredients field in a recipe will just output items forever in the assembly machine. (I tried emptying the results/output field for my mod and the game wouldn't load).

Return to “Mods”