[Mod Request or Search] mod to insert just 1 single piece of equipment into a vehicle

Topics and discussion about specific mods
coffee_fiend
Inserter
Inserter

[Mod Request or Search] mod to insert just 1 single piece of equipment into a vehicle

Post by coffee_fiend »

I want to insert just 1 item into a large equipment grid.
With "distribute evenly" or maybe vanilla I can insert items and fill the grid.
But there doesn't seem to be a way to insert just a single item into the grid.

Basically this is true for Krastorio2 and Bob's for say trains and vehicles.
If you want to add extra engines for speed in a train you need to insert a bunch of engines and just 1 power source.
Filling the grid with engines is easy but not the single power source.

Ideally I'd love to be able to do something like:
pick up the item to insert a single instance of into the grid
then "hold alt" or some other key
and click on the train or item with a grid

and have it insert just 1 instance of that item into the grid

Am I just missing a simple option that already exists here or is this something that we need a mod for?

coffee_fiend
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [Mod Request or Search] mod to insert just 1 single piece of equipment into a vehicle

Post by coffee_fiend »

Ok I guess the simplest expectation would be something like this

1) place a locomotive
2) get a stack of power sources on my cursor
3) hold some key combination and left click on the locomotive

RESULT: 1 item from the stack of power sources gets inserted into the the locomotive grid in one of the corners of the grid

Basically various mods have extra engines you can add to vehicles like locomotives
To use the engines to speed up the vehicle you have to put a single power source into the grid and then at least one or more engines.

What I find I do a lot is I place trains in bulk.. so I lay down say 10 trains at once and then have to fill the grids over all 10 or 20 locomotives with a combination of exactly 1 power source and then enough engines to fill the rest of the grid

So I have to click on every locomotive to open it
then click on Fuel to open the tab with the grid
then add 1 power source by hand to the grid
then close the locomotive and click on the next one...
And repeat that for all of them.

Then I can take a stack of engines and just control-left-click on each locomotive to fill the rest of the grid with engines.
What I want is to be able to something as simple as that to place just 1 item rather than just filling the grid.

ickputzdirwech
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [Mod Request or Search] mod to insert just 1 single piece of equipment into a vehicle

Post by ickputzdirwech »

I am curios: If you make a blueprint of a train with an equipment grid, will the equipment be part of the blueprint?
Mods: Shortcuts for 1.1, ick's Sea Block, ick's vanilla tweaks
Tools: Atom language pack
Text quickly seems cold and unfriendly. Be careful how you write and interpret what others have written.
- A reminder for me and all who read what I write

coffee_fiend
Inserter
Inserter

Post by coffee_fiend »

Unfortunately Nope the grid isn't part of the blueprint even if you hold shift..
I tried and it definitely didn't work.

It will record fuel but not grid items

Of course an alternative this request would be a mod that makes equipment grid items part of a blueprint....
that would solve this problem too really.

Return to “Mods”