Topics and discussion about specific mods
ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.11.xx](almost)Pointless mod 0.0.0.1

Post by ssilk »

Nobody wrote: I made that chest you wanted
:lol:

Ok, but when I see all that changes, I think, we can call this version 0.0.0.2?

More ideas:
- a new recipe: iron wheel without hole; an iron wheel where the punched inner hole is still filled. Such wheels can be recycled, but as side effect you get the inner point from that wheel.
- 100 of that points create a standing pointer
- you can place the pointers anywhere, you can rotate them into four directions.

- an inserter can take out the pointless item out of the pointless chest (with no inventory). It's pure pointlessness.
- 100 pointlessness can be assembled to a black hole
- 100 black holes can be crafted to a black pointlessness.

- If you place a pointer pointing into black pointlessness it creates the ultimate feedback loop, I don't know what happens then, perhaps the game-time is set back 3 years, and Factorio immediately disappears from your hard disk, cause it never existed.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

aRatNamedSammy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by aRatNamedSammy »

-a gun filled with ammo made from fish bones, who only good to get bitters even more angry, but do no damage..
-light turrets (light, not laser ;) )
-gates who close when the train approach
-inserter moving non-stop when no item to grab, but dont move when items on the belt (power waste)
-a sonar :shock:
-a robot who flee directly to bitters spawner when it received an order
Teeth for Two (so sorry my bad english)

Nobody
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Nobody »

Alekthefirst wrote:ok so i might edit this post if i make a sketch or something, but what im currently imagining is a machine that consumer electricity and stone, grinds the stones together and outputs pointless dust. The machine would have the standard assembly machine walls, maybe made sturdier or with concrete corners, with a open top where one can visibly see two round grindstones running in opposite directions against each other

so i spent the last 10 minutes drawing this, i feel sorry for the graphics designers now
(picture is huge, imgur link provided here: http://imgur.com/mRTIGAG) the retarded stuff on the left is supposed to be like the moving thingys ontop of the assembly machines, and the other retarded circly stuff with lines in them is supposed to be fans
both of the big cylindrical grindstones go clockwise. Grayed out areas can be anything between rust and fainted colors

i cant friggin draw :oops: :cry:
SORRY FOR THE DISAPPOINTMENT!!!
due to unseen restrictions, i can't put in an entity that does nothing but use energy, no matter what. i just can't...

i kept the designs i made so i can make in asap
Last edited by Nobody on Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
I have no idea what I am doing

XyLe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by XyLe »

Another signature and must have feature of your mod in my opinion should be a completely pointless research which gives absolutely nothing or something completely pointless depending on how you wanna make it and how modding actually works. I'm not entirely sure you can add a research which does nothing, but probably you can. So you get the idea :) gl

Nobody
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Nobody »

XyLe wrote:Another signature and must have feature of your mod in my opinion should be a completely pointless research which gives absolutely nothing or something completely pointless depending on how you wanna make it and how modding actually works. I'm not entirely sure you can add a research which does nothing, but probably you can. So you get the idea :) gl
i did both.

Nobody
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Nobody »

ssilk wrote:
Nobody wrote: I made that chest you wanted
:lol:

Ok, but when I see all that changes, I think, we can call this version 0.0.0.2?

More ideas:
- a new recipe: iron wheel without hole; an iron wheel where the punched inner hole is still filled. Such wheels can be recycled, but as side effect you get the inner point from that wheel.
- 100 of that points create a standing pointer
- you can place the pointers anywhere, you can rotate them into four directions.

- an inserter can take out the pointless item out of the pointless chest (with no inventory). It's pure pointlessness.
- 100 pointlessness can be assembled to a black hole
- 100 black holes can be crafted to a black pointlessness.

- If you place a pointer pointing into black pointlessness it creates the ultimate feedback loop, I don't know what happens then, perhaps the game-time is set back 3 years, and Factorio immediately disappears from your hard disk, cause it never existed.
the only problem: i can't get two items as the output. yet

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.11.xx](almost)Pointless mod 0.0.0.2

Post by Koub »

A weapon that heals damaged trees when shot at them :)
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

popster99
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by popster99 »

Nobody wrote:
Alekthefirst wrote:ok so i might edit this post if i make a sketch or something, but what im currently imagining is a machine that consumer electricity and stone, grinds the stones together and outputs pointless dust. The machine would have the standard assembly machine walls, maybe made sturdier or with concrete corners, with a open top where one can visibly see two round grindstones running in opposite directions against each other

so i spent the last 10 minutes drawing this, i feel sorry for the graphics designers now
(picture is huge, imgur link provided here: http://imgur.com/mRTIGAG) the retarded stuff on the left is supposed to be like the moving thingys ontop of the assembly machines, and the other retarded circly stuff with lines in them is supposed to be fans
both of the big cylindrical grindstones go clockwise. Grayed out areas can be anything between rust and fainted colors

i cant friggin draw :oops: :cry:
SORRY FOR THE DISAPPOINTMENT!!!
due to unseen restrictions, i can't put in an entity that does nothing but use energy, no matter what. i just can't...

i kept the designs i made so i can make in asap
Nobody can draw this its too pointless

rk84
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by rk84 »

Koub wrote:A weapon that heals damaged trees when shot at them :)
I had one. :lol:
Test mode
Searching Flashlight
[WIP]Fluid handling expansion
[WIP]PvP gamescript
[WIP]Rocket Express
Autofill: The torch has been pass to Nexela

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Nice, but way too useful for a pointless mod.
Healing only trees is far more pointless imho :)

Nobody
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Nobody »

welp, i'm dry on ideas, and half of these things are impossible to create

not knowing LUA DOES NOT HELP IN ANY WAY.
remember kids: LEARN LUA

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

An anti-light, that makes surrounding look as if it was midnight :)

[Edit]
Nobody wrote:not knowing LUA DOES NOT HELP IN ANY WAY.
True story bro, it didn't exist (at least it was virtually unknown) when I was in school :cry:

Nobody
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Nobody »

Koub wrote:An anti-light, that makes surrounding look as if it was midnight :)

[Edit]
Nobody wrote:not knowing LUA DOES NOT HELP IN ANY WAY.
True story bro, it didn't exist (at least it was virtually unknown) when I was in school :cry:
the problem is, i AM in school. this school doesn't have classes for LUA, it only has python and (cringe) java...
but yet i learned Ruby on my own faster than if the school were to teach it
i can't even learn from school anymore

also: the reverse lamp is (as of now) slightly impossible due to the fact that the lamp's code only allowing it to be on during night-time.
the lamp works in a strange way. creating the lamp entity or lamp-like entity is simple, there's not much that goes into it. but what makes it so hard to make a reverse lamp is that the lamp is practically "hard-coded" into the game, in the sense that i have no clue if you can change what time it turns on/off.
but what can be done: with knowledge of LUA, i could just edit control.lua and have the reverse-light made from there.
to be honest, i never actually tried messing with control.lua until i removed the rocket-defense events.
and i don't really want to mess with it any more than i have to

Nobody
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.11.xx](almost)Pointless mod 0.0.0.3

Post by Nobody »

this is what i came across a few days ago
this
and so i thought: if i can make ammunition do almost anything, does this mean i can make something build stuff?
and i made it create cars...
i can see the code
that is all. carry on.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

You just reinvented Dragonball Capsules ! :o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHU8MhlrwoM

quinor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by quinor »

You may add another weapon which would have no ammo in game.
Also, empty tab in recipes menu.
New kind of flying robots that would just fly around you as long as you're in the roboport range.

Nobody
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Nobody »

psorek wrote:You may add another weapon which would have no ammo in game.
Also, empty tab in recipes menu.
New kind of flying robots that would just fly around you as long as you're in the roboport range.
the empty tab is impossible. there [MUST] be a recipe under that crafting category in order for there to be another tab. if i were to just create the crafting category, but no recipes in it, it wouldn't show up. i wish i could do that, though.

those robots... shouldn't work... the robots are all hooked up to the logistics network, so i don't think i could get them to run around to random locations, unless there were an object inside of the logistics network to run to.

Nagshell
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Nagshell »

Maybe robots that have 1 kJ energy Storage, so they go to charge station and can't actually leave it?

MasterBuilder
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MasterBuilder »

Nobody wrote:the empty tab is impossible. there [MUST] be a recipe under that crafting category in order for there to be another tab. if i were to just create the crafting category, but no recipes in it, it wouldn't show up. i wish i could do that, though.
You could always add a pointless recipe for that category. Something like a recipe where the input and output match: 1 wood -> 1 wood.
Or a recipe that's impossible to get the materials for.
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Nobody
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Nobody »

MasterBuilder wrote:
Nobody wrote:the empty tab is impossible. there [MUST] be a recipe under that crafting category in order for there to be another tab. if i were to just create the crafting category, but no recipes in it, it wouldn't show up. i wish i could do that, though.
You could always add a pointless recipe for that category. Something like a recipe where the input and output match: 1 wood -> 1 wood.
Or a recipe that's impossible to get the materials for.
well, i already have nothing...
and a 1 wood to 1 wood is impossible. trust me, i tried

Return to “Mods”