Alternate Lab setup

Circuit-free solutions of basic factory-design to achieve optimal item-throughput.
Involving: Belts (balancers, crossings), Inserters, Chests, Furnaces, Assembling Devices ...
Optimized production chains. Compact design.
Please provide blueprints!
Forum rules
Circuit-free solutions of basic factory-design to achieve optimal item-throughput
stylistic_sagi
Inserter
Inserter

Alternate Lab setup

Post by stylistic_sagi »

20160412165915_1.jpg
20160412165915_1.jpg (212 KiB) Viewed 3131 times
I like to set up a loop to my lab's so they can pick up everything that is comming by...
The problem i first had with this idea is that when somescience pack where made faster then others theytake al the place on the transporrt belt.
For this reason i had 4 boxes with smart insters (each assigned to one type of science packs) and the slow insterters on the other side.
This makes so that the fast smart inster pick up all the crowded science pack's and the slower one places them back on the transport belt in a constant speed.
Also will the chest provide enough storage space for whenever a science pack is overcreated but is being stockpiled for when they are more needed.
For this to work know that every science pack added to the belt should be joining from the outside and the slow insters should inster them eventually on the inner ring of the transport belt.

Joiny
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Alternate Lab setup

Post by Joiny »

looks nice, but I always have completely full belts :D

Maybe I should give some optimization a try.

stylistic_sagi
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Alternate Lab setup

Post by stylistic_sagi »

As you can see i mostly also have full belts,
Just not with the science packs as they look really cool rotating and can easly supply all the science centers. With full ending belts where in a shortage of science packs only the firts or last science centers would be supplied.

Return to “Mechanical Throughput Magic (circuit-free)”