Another smart furnace setup

Circuit-free solutions of basic factory-design to achieve optimal item-throughput.
Involving: Belts (balancers, crossings), Inserters, Chests, Furnaces, Assembling Devices ...
Optimized production chains. Compact design.
Please provide blueprints!
Forum rules
Circuit-free solutions of basic factory-design to achieve optimal item-throughput
Raziel
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Another smart furnace setup

Post by Raziel »

Hello everyone

I've seen some other smart furnace setups before, but nothing with the new abilities since 0.13 yet.
So i've decided to give it a try and build my own.
The build is extendable and quite compact so you can just add more and more modules.
The combinator / logic part is only needed once.
Overview, my factory
Setup of both modules
The first module below on the left side is a set of logical devices.
Basically we get input from the logistics network (red wire) and look if we have more iron or copper plates.
The lesser value gets compared to an arbitrary number (5k in this case). The value gets delivered via the green wire to the filter inserters.
So the furnaces will start and process the material we have less of, up to the set amount.
To work around some edge cases we have two additional devices in there. The constant combinator to prevent getting no material if we have zero of something. And the combinator with '=', to do something if we have the exact same amount of both materials.

Production statistics
The whole array of furnaces will just cycle between copper and iron, depending of the amount of both.

Since I have seen some pretty huge smart furnaces with lots and lots of logic, I'm not even sure if this qualifies as one, but it seems to work quite well.

If you have some further ideas please let me know :-)
One from me: Take a look if this also can process steel and with which conditions. I have not the max stack bonus, so this might be subject to change.
Comparator blueprint
Furnace module blueprint
Last edited by Raziel on Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MindChanger
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Another smart furnace setup

Post by MindChanger »

You can link to the system Roboport with option "read logistic network contents" and compare both values for iron and copper plates then produce everything to have same amount.

To use blueprint mode you need to click on the icon, then menu opens.
Then when having blueprint picked up with your cursos you have to click save button and enter file name.
The file will be saved to C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\script-output (for windows).
The file is just txt with string of blueprint.
To load the blueprint you have to copy string and paste it to text bar in menu and lick on yellow folder (you need clear blueprint in eq to load new blueprint).

Raziel
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Raziel »

Linking to the roboport was exactly what I was looking for initially to get the content of the whole logistics network, but I could not figure out how to do it. Thank you!

Raziel
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Raziel »

I've updated my first post with the blueprint strings and also adjusted pictures.
Thank you for the suggestion :-)

Return to “Mechanical Throughput Magic (circuit-free)”