Logistics and Beacon Factory

Circuit-free solutions of basic factory-design to achieve optimal item-throughput.
Involving: Belts (balancers, crossings), Inserters, Chests, Furnaces, Assembling Devices ...
Optimized production chains. Compact design.
Please provide blueprints!
Forum rules
Circuit-free solutions of basic factory-design to achieve optimal item-throughput
dekeche
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Logistics and Beacon Factory

Post by dekeche »

The basic idea:

After playing around with factorial for a bit, I became oddly fascinated with the logistics system. There was just one problem, the low throughput of the system necessitated using a massive amount of bots, and personally I did not feel like producing 1000+ robots. So I began to wonder about ways to improve the efficiency of logistics. The method I found was rather simple, simply move the key components closer to the roboports.

Essentially, I have four input belts; coal, steel, iron, and copper, which inserters pull from into passive provider chests. This reduces the distance robots need to travel to pull material for the factory. In addition, the two lanes next to the inner roboports are reserved for transporting petrol and sulfur, liquids used primarily for base products, while one lane on the outer roboports is reserved for transporting lubricant, used for finished products. Note that in my example the factory is not operating at peak efficiency, too little copper coming in. However, with different factory configurations, I've only seen around 300 - 400 bots being used at once.

Return to “Mechanical Throughput Magic (circuit-free)”