(yet another) red+green science setup

Circuit-free solutions of basic factory-design to achieve optimal item-throughput.
Involving: Belts (balancers, crossings), Inserters, Chests, Furnaces, Assembling Devices ...
Optimized production chains. Compact design.
Please provide blueprints!
Forum rules
Circuit-free solutions of basic factory-design to achieve optimal item-throughput
vanatteveldt
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

(yet another) red+green science setup

Post by vanatteveldt »

To prepare for a speedrun I wanted to make a red+science setup, aiming at 90 science packs per minute (=12 green, 10 red assemblers). Most important criteria is that it should be easy to build, ie. minimize underground belt, complicated lane shifters etc.

It requires a (yellow) belt of iron and half a belt of copper. Of course, you can setup a small red science line first and then add the rest later. Aesthetically I dislike the cable plants for not being in the grid, but it needs the full circuit production to make enough inserters. It overproduces belts (since they are 2/0.5s instead of 1) so you could buffer them to pick them up easily (but I think I should build a small centralized "store" anyway to prevent too much time wasted running around to pick things up)

It would also be nice to not have the UG belt, but I don't see a way of using this setup without crossing the iron line under the copper line or assemblers.

(Edit: I just realized that using a joint red/green line will make it more difficult to add some buffering, so maybe I should make the setup 1 tile wider and output the separate belts to be joined after the buffering...)
production
helmod
bleprint

Return to “Mechanical Throughput Magic (circuit-free)”