.15 marathon red circuit production designs

Circuit-free solutions of basic factory-design to achieve optimal item-throughput.
Involving: Belts (balancers, crossings), Inserters, Chests, Furnaces, Assembling Devices ...
Optimized production chains. Compact design.
Please provide blueprints!
Forum rules
Circuit-free solutions of basic factory-design to achieve optimal item-throughput
vanatteveldt
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

.15 marathon red circuit production designs

Post by vanatteveldt »

I started playing 0.15 marathon which has the pleasant side effect of requiring a redesign of all assembly lines due to changed ratios :)

Red circuits now require 6 seconds and 1 green, 2 plastic, 4 copper. This means per 6 red you require 1 green, 2 plastic, and 2 cable. The green of course now requires 5 cable plants to support it.

Edit: sorry, my first attempt (see below) was pretty rubbish, I now have a much more pleasing setup for 2x6 red:

In fact, it's now just a concatenation of a double green setup and a linear red setup.

Production statistics:

So it consumes 1.5 belts of copper and about half a belt each of iron and plastic to produce 90 red per minute.
blueprint
If you don't want to integrate green and red production, here is an alternative that converts 720 copper and plastic per minute into 180 red circuits (using a red belt to carry the plastic and circuits)
non-integrated linear design
If non consuming the full belt of copper annoys you as much as it does me, this one is for you:
a belt of copper
first attempt

Return to “Mechanical Throughput Magic (circuit-free)”