.15 marathon green circuit

Circuit-free solutions of basic factory-design to achieve optimal item-throughput.
Involving: Belts (balancers, crossings), Inserters, Chests, Furnaces, Assembling Devices ...
Optimized production chains. Compact design.
Please provide blueprints!
Forum rules
Circuit-free solutions of basic factory-design to achieve optimal item-throughput
vanatteveldt
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

.15 marathon green circuit

Post by vanatteveldt »

In 0.15 marathon, green circuits now require 2 iron and 10 cable, changing the ratio of cable:green to 5:1 and creating some extra throughput issues.

This is what I came up with to fully supply a single green circuit plant:

Unfortunately, two stack inserters are required for cable insertion from the plants that only have a single tile facing the circuit plant. With only blue inserters, production is 10% lower or about 80/minute.

You can tile and mirror it, although a single setup requires 450 copper per minute, so it you tile it you need more copper than a single yellow belt. If you tile it twice, however, and don't use stack inserters you more or less consume the full copper belt. If you tile and mirror it you consume close two two belts of copper, (less than) one belt of iron, and produce just under half a belt of circuits (320/minute):
mirrored and tiled without stack inserters
of course, when you get the better tech the stack bonus or stack inserters will take over. With yellow assemblers a single green circuit will consume 750 copper, so upgrading the copper belt to red and the plants to yellow you can more or less double production. With a blue belt of copper you can add a third unit, but then you also get into productivity module territory which changes the ratios again (to 1:3.5, nice challenge finding a setup for that :))

Mehve
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: .15 marathon green circuit

Post by Mehve »

Interesting. I've been scratching my head over the green circuits in 0.15 marathon, and haven't been happy with any of my designs so far. I'm quickly coming to the conclusion that maybe I'll just not bother running the green circuit assembler at full speed. Or maybe have T3 assembler on the wires, with T2 on the green circuits? A few extra assemblers needed, but far easier to layout and beacon later on.

321freddy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by 321freddy »

I came up with this tileable design earlier: https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comme ... uit_setup/
It has more copper belts and they are less squirly, although I'm not sure about the inserters they might need to be upgraded if needed.

Pic:

EDIT:
blueprint string

vanatteveldt
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vanatteveldt »

321freddy wrote:I came up with this tileable design earlier: https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comme ... uit_setup/
It has more copper belts and they are less squirly, although I'm not sure about the inserters they might need to be upgraded if needed.
Yeah, you would need stack inserters or an inserter bonus to feed enough iron and cables into the circuit plant. Also, if you have the +1 to all stack inserter bonus I think 1 red suffices to output the circuits.

The bottleneck will be the outer copper cables, as the 3 plants will consume 1.5 as much as the inner copper/iron. End game that is actually a nice ratio if the outer belt is blue, but by that time you might as well use prod modules to change the ratios again...

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

blueprint
How to paste BP strings correctly here?

I think the solution from KoS is besides stackable, elegant and efficient:

321freddy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by 321freddy »

vanatteveldt wrote:The bottleneck will be the outer copper cables, as the 3 plants will consume 1.5 as much as the inner copper/iron. End game that is actually a nice ratio if the outer belt is blue, but by that time you might as well use prod modules to change the ratios again...
Yeah I made this design mostly for early game, as you said later on you have productivity modules which hanges the ratios anyway. But I you can actually double up the outer copper belts if they aren't enough:
fixed design
brunzenstein wrote:How to paste BP strings correctly here?
Wrap this "
blueprint string
" around the code tag you already made. (without " )
brunzenstein wrote:I think the solution from KoS is besides stackable, elegant and efficient
What's up with the upper copper cable assemblers outputting into the inner copper cable assemblers?

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

321freddy wrote:
brunzenstein wrote:I think the solution from KoS is besides stackable, elegant and efficient
What's up with the upper copper cable assemblers outputting into the inner copper cable assemblers?
My mistake indeed

BlueEagle
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by BlueEagle »

So I've combined a few of the ideas in here, and this was what I ended up with.

Code: Select all

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

iceman_1212
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by iceman_1212 »

Given both (1) the ease of setting up large amounts of power with new boilers/engines in 0.15 and (2) the absurd rate of resource consumption per second, I chose to put 2x prod 1 in all assembler 2s that were making green circuit and gear assemblers (as well as copper cables). The prod mods were actually where I spent my first red circuits so the ratio dipped to ~4:1 quite soon into the game. I switched to the standard 3x prod / 1x speed once I got assembler 3 but that is a higher level of tech in 0.15 (as compared to 0.14, when it just required blue science). Atleast for this current playthrough (my first), assembler 3 felt like a key pivot point in the game because of its 4 module slots.

Have been playing around with late-game belt-based green circuit builds today, which is proving challenging as an assembler 3 in range of 8 beacons will end up requiring insertion of a total of 132 items per second (0.5 second recipe, 10 copper cables + 2 iron plates per cycle, crafting speed of 5.5)!

Return to “Mechanical Throughput Magic (circuit-free)”