Electronics Department

Circuit-free solutions of basic factory-design to achieve optimal item-throughput.
Involving: Belts (balancers, crossings), Inserters, Chests, Furnaces, Assembling Devices ...
Optimized production chains. Compact design.
Please provide blueprints!
Forum rules
Circuit-free solutions of basic factory-design to achieve optimal item-throughput
DerivePi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Electronics Department

Post by DerivePi »

My idea for a balanced electronics department
Attachments
factorio-ELECTRONICS.jpg
factorio-ELECTRONICS.jpg (349.58 KiB) Viewed 4191 times

Zourin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Electronics Department

Post by Zourin »

Awesome and tight knit, but I like to condense the number of inputs a bit so that it's easier to ship via train. That said, Usually my electronics section brings in copper, iron, sulfur (with locally supplied water), and plastics from the refineries. I do this because this saves the trouble of having to run long lengths of pipe, and allows me to leverage train access.

I'd be curious to see a redesign based on those parameters, since that's one of my bigger headaches. Honestly, i'm half tempted to route 3/4ths of my copper directly into wire factories straight out of the smelters, but it hasn't come to that yet.

Redominus
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Redominus »

You can save some kW uing normal inserters between wire aseemblers and circuit assemblers as soon as you get stack size bonus . Once you get the bonus you are going to have balancing problems at full speed beacause the shared wire assembler will be emtptied every arm activation and instead of being pick one wire for each circuit assemblers its going to starve one and overffed the other. To solve this you will need a shared buffer between wire nd circuit assembler. If you want to keep a similar assembler arrangement I suggest a waggon in the middel. Otherwise a car could be used in circular assembler shape with car in the middle.

DerivePi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DerivePi »

Redominus wrote: Once you get the bonus you are going to have balancing problems at full speed beacause the shared wire assembler will be emtptied every arm activation and instead of being pick one wire for each circuit assemblers its going to starve one and overffed the other.
I just did a practice run with the full bonus. The shared cable assemblers equally shared their cables with the 2 connected circuit assemblers. The fast inserters alternated with each other until the end when one of the circuit assemblers ran out of FE Plate. Good point regarding the standard inserters with the stack bonus though. Of course by that point in the game I'm looking for an excuse to build more steam engines and solar arrays...

Return to “Mechanical Throughput Magic (circuit-free)”