X to Y belts distribution.

Circuit-free solutions of basic factory-design to achieve optimal item-throughput.
Involving: Belts (balancers, crossings), Inserters, Chests, Furnaces, Assembling Devices ...
Optimized production chains. Compact design.
Please provide blueprints!
Forum rules
Circuit-free solutions of basic factory-design to achieve optimal item-throughput
Ksardas
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

X to Y belts distribution.

Post by Ksardas »

This setup distribute X to Y belts. 5 belts to 13. 7 to 50. 100 belts to 3 belts.
This setup distribute items on both belt sides.
It is not a balancer, but distributer! No one of input belts don't slow down when any of output belts sides are not filled.
You can add more input belts to the bottom and output belts to the right at any time without suspension.
There are 3 to 6:
1.jpg
1.jpg (382.65 KiB) Viewed 3509 times
Export string
Last edited by Koub on Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed spoiler

vanatteveldt
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: X to Y belts distribution.

Post by vanatteveldt »

Ksardas wrote:It is not a balancer, but distributer! No one of input belts don't slow down when any of output belts sides are not filled.
Looks fascinating, but I'm afraid I really don't understand that sentence. Could you describe what the distributor does / what assumptions it makes?

Engimage
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Engimage »

It has N inputs and M outputs (the design is scalable to any values of N and M)
It DOES NOT balance outputs (neither belts nor lanes)
It just kinda works randomly in this manner. It will prioritize leftmost belts for left lane and rightmost belts for right lane.
It is useful in case your outputs are backed up or you don't care about balancing.
I also wonder how sideloading problems (0.16) are effecting this build as sideloading does not compress effectively now.
And obviously this design needs a lot of space. Progressively more with the number of inputs/outputs. Also it is really CPU heavy.

Ksardas
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Ksardas »

PacifyerGrey wrote: It just kinda works randomly in this manner. It will prioritize leftmost belts for left lane and rightmost belts for right lane.
It prioritize all input belts for LEFT side of LEFT output belt and RIGHT side of RIGHT output belt.
PacifyerGrey wrote:I also wonder how sideloading problems (0.16) are effecting this build as sideloading does not compress effectively now.
Can you show a topic of that problem?
You can add balancer for each input belt if needed.
PacifyerGrey wrote:And obviously this design needs a lot of space. Progressively more with the number of inputs/outputs. Also it is really CPU heavy.
Space grows like function of X * 6Y (Or M*6N).
When you have 100 outputs, then you get 100 + 3 of width. You can't have less width then number of outputs belts.
For each of input belt you get 6*Y of height.

Ksardas
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Ksardas »

vanatteveldt wrote: Looks fascinating, but I'm afraid I really don't understand that sentence. Could you describe what the distributor does / what assumptions it makes?
It like balancer, but not :) . Each output belt NOT get the same number of plates. Otherwise it work like balancer.

Return to “Mechanical Throughput Magic (circuit-free)”