Module 3's

Circuit-free solutions of basic factory-design to achieve optimal item-throughput.
Involving: Belts (balancers, crossings), Inserters, Chests, Furnaces, Assembling Devices ...
Optimized production chains. Compact design.
Please provide blueprints!
Forum rules
Circuit-free solutions of basic factory-design to achieve optimal item-throughput
DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Module 3's

Post by DaveMcW »

This is my endgame module 3 factory. It is filled with productivity module 3's to reduce raw material costs to one-third of the original. And it is filled with speed module 3 beacons to reduce the number of modules (and assemblers) required to one-third of the original.

Click to enlarge.

It consumes 30 copper ore/sec and 22 iron ore/sec. It produces 1.5 speed module 3's and 1.5 productivity module 3's per minute.

Unloading 6.6 electronic circuits/sec from each assembling machine is a challenge. This design avoids the problem by inserting most of them into processing units.

This is the first design I found where substations are actually useful.

Alternating rows of beacons and assembling machines is very efficient, but they only have room for one belt between them. The solution is to replace half the beacons with underground belts.

The copper furnaces produce 2.5 plates/sec, which is too much for a single inserter. I use boxes to take advantage of the stack size bonus.

FatMcK
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Module 3's

Post by FatMcK »

Wow, thats a great compact design. How much energy does it consume? And how much pollution does it produce? :o

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SuperSandro2000 »

FatMcK wrote:Wow, thats a great compact design. How much energy does it consume? And how much pollution does it produce? :o
Don't matter it's great!

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

Energy consumption is 100 MW.

Here is a screenshot with everything shut down except the factory and its mines. It is on the third-highest zoom level, the highest that still shows resources.
pollution.jpg
pollution.jpg (260.58 KiB) Viewed 7993 times

-root
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by -root »

DaveMcW wrote:Energy consumption is 100 MW.
That's more than most people's entire factories... :shock:

Cracking effort, 10/10 :mrgreen:

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

This is crazy man! Very nice and compact design though. That power usage is nuts though, as -root said, that is more than a lot of people's entire factory. How many solar panels/accumulators, or steam engines does your whole factory need? O.o
Image Image Image

Junion
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Junion »

And I thought my factory was getting big...

You're is friggin gigantic...mine's just a little baby base compared o.O

Return to “Mechanical Throughput Magic (circuit-free)”