Purifying Flame!

Clever and beautiful constructions, bigger than two chunks
- Defense: killing biters as an art
- Castles, Throne Rooms, Decorations (comfortable living in the Factorio World)
- Main Bus Concepts
- Modular Systems, Factory Streets, show how all works together
- Megabases
Please provide us with blueprints or saves, if that makes sense of course.
Forum rules
Clever and beautiful constructions, bigger than two chunks
Giomancer
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Purifying Flame!

Post by Giomancer »

Just a screenshot of my current defenses. Also, I've apparently burned a fish. (O.o)

The AllFluids mod helped me set up the central flame turret (yes, crude oil would work, but my crude production consists of two wells at the moment), and you can see the nixie tubes from the eponymous mod displaying my ammo count. In the works are Logistics-capable gun turrets via AmmoBox and a system of producing ammo on demand for my defense grid.

I destroyed the nest this setup was guarding against, but the nest that spawned *that* one is still there, so up it stays!

NB: I'm not sure if the pump is required when moving fluid from the assembly machine, but I preferred to err on the side of firepower.
Attachments
firing-line-1600.png
firing-line-1600.png (2.65 MiB) Viewed 3229 times

BlakeMW
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Purifying Flame!

Post by BlakeMW »

NB: I'm not sure if the pump is required when moving fluid from the assembly machine
The pump is not required and does nothing. The assembler essentially has a powerful built in pump.

siggboy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Purifying Flame!

Post by siggboy »

An assembler can put out a lot more liquid/s than a pump does. Does anybody know what the cap on the assembler is? It must be higher than 90 units/s because that oil contraption that I built which draws a signal on the production stats used more than 90 units/s.
Is your railroad worrying you? Doctor T-Junction recommends: Smart, dynamic train deliveries with combinator Magick

Return to “Medium/Big/Gigantic Sized Structures”