Domonstration of supply with pull strategy

Clever and beautiful constructions, bigger than two chunks
- Defense: killing biters as an art
- Castles, Throne Rooms, Decorations (comfortable living in the Factorio World)
- Main Bus Concepts
- Modular Systems, Factory Streets, show how all works together
- Megabases
Please provide us with blueprints or saves, if that makes sense of course.
Forum rules
Clever and beautiful constructions, bigger than two chunks
biggerw
Inserter
Inserter

Domonstration of supply with pull strategy

Post by biggerw »

In most factorio setups I have seen the main-bus concept. This ist an effective solution.
This strategy is called push-strategy. Berause you fill belt and box as fast as possible in order to supply all following processes.
One consequence is that you produce more products of all levels, if nessesary or not. So you waste ressources.
Another way is to produce only what the following processes need. This strategy ist called pull-strategy.
In todays industry it is widely used, because it is much more efficient.

Starting from the standard flip-flop solution I improve the pull-system step by step. Parallel the curquids become more easy to customize.
I made a playlist of educational lets plays https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xZbaNd ... zjpfefuXnI.
It´s in german for my students. The automated translation is accepable. I think so, but I´m not a native speaker.

It ist possible the build a whole factory with this strategy using only one central belt with everything on it.
Such a transportation systems a called sorter. It is essental that there is all time capacity on the sorter für all sources and sinks.
Thus you should only send material if it is required down stream.
be patient if my english is not suitable it´s not my mother tongue.

ZombieMooose
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Domonstration of supply with pull strategy

Post by ZombieMooose »

Recently saw a post on the subreddit about a Kanban bus but I don't know enough about combinators to try it myself. Love this concept.
"men will literally learn everything about ancient Rome instead of going to therapy"

biggerw
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Domonstration of supply with pull strategy

Post by biggerw »

Thaks for the hint. I found the post https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comme ... f_concept/.
Nice trick to bypass the problem of non existend crates for transportation. But verry !!! expensive. So it´s the opposit of efficiency.

Sadly the author is wrong. Kanban, "Just In Time", "lean" are not the same. You can do JIT without kanban an the opposite is also possible.
Very often this consepts are combined. They all focus on efficiency by avoiding waste (Japanese 7 Mudas). So many people think there may
be be causal reasons. But correlated aspects do not have to be causally related.

I created 3 level shushi belt solution for research labs. The educational lets plays for my students ag in production.
All sushi-Belt solutions a in fact Kanbans with the lot size 1. ;)
be patient if my english is not suitable it´s not my mother tongue.

Return to “Medium/Big/Gigantic Sized Structures”