Current setup for kovarex enrichment

Power Plants, Energy Storage and Reliable Energy Supply. All about efficient energy production. Turning parts of your factory off. Reliable and self-repairing energy.
graaam101
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Current setup for kovarex enrichment

Post by graaam101 »

Hi everyone, first post so bear with me!

I have designed a (simple>) solution for the kovarex enrichment process that means that once activated with enough U235 no further input of U235 is needed and it is completely self sustaining on U238.

There are two designs, a one centrifuge and a two centrifuge setup (once you have enough U235)

The process is straight forward (and could be improved, I did this as i though of it)

Count the number of u235 added to a centrifuge, when at 40 then activate a signal - this signal tells the filter inserter that is the main output (for the extra 1 U235) to switch on.

Then let the process run and once complete the main output will fire first, removing 1 U235 (by setting stack count to 1) and then firing an output that is inverted and changed to negative signal A - resetting the system and allowing the rest of the U235 to be fed back into the system.

The double version simply feeds the U235 back and forth between two different centrifuges extracting the one extra.

Hopefully the pictures and blueprint strings explain better.

Improvements to the design (which should be easy) are welcome.

Please note that the 2 centrifuge design is designed to output onto woven / platted belts and can therefore be expanded upwards indefinately.

Blueprint String Single Centrifuge
Single Centrifuge with feedback loop
Double Centrifuge
Double Centrifuge

double kovarex.PNG
double kovarex.PNG (1.37 MiB) Viewed 1435 times
single setup
single setup
single kovarex.PNG (943 KiB) Viewed 1435 times

Return to “Energy Production”