Kovarex Logistic Enrichment Station (explained/BP)

Power Plants, Energy Storage and Reliable Energy Supply. All about efficient energy production. Turning parts of your factory off. Reliable and self-repairing energy.
lsc9x
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Kovarex Logistic Enrichment Station (explained/BP)

Post by lsc9x »

It really took me some time to wrap my head around how Kovarex enrichment should be set up and I had to consult the internet, so here's the station(s) I use which are fed by logistics robots.

Explanation: Working from right to left, the first thing is to have a requester chest asking for U-238. Those are fed into the centrifuge. The centrifuge should be set up with 40+ U-235s to start generating more enriched U-235, but you'll need 80 U-235 in the hopper to start "siphoning off" the excess U-235. So the magic numbers are 40 U-235 in the centrifuge (to stock up) and 80 (to produce excess) U-235. You don't have to worry about providing the U-238, it's coming from the chest. Next, there are 2 regular chests and 3 stack inserters. The purpose of the stack inserters is to siphon off excess U-238 and U-235 from the system. 41 U-235 comes out and 40 go back in. Any extra U-238 is grabbed by the filter inserter and placed into the top provider chest. The bottom has a fast inserter with a wire hooked up to its chest. The wire is set to read the chest for exactly 1 uranium 235. If the number of U-235 in the chest is = 1, the inserter grabs it and puts it into the bottom left chest. The bottom left chest can be set to either a regular or logistic chest, depending on what you need. Make sure the stack inserters are set to an even number so that the 1 U-235 is left over.

Yes, it takes a while to get up to 40 then 80 U-235 just for one station! You'll have to hand-load U-235 into the station until you get up to at least 40-U 235 so then you can actually start collecting the excess. Once you reach 80 U-235 in the centrifuge, it will generate extra U-235 indefinitely.

Generating U-235 with a Kovarex station allows you to produce U-235 much more rapidly than you can get from just mining. If you plan on having a large number of atomic bombs, you'll need several of these stations set up.

NOTE: Be careful not to set up too many of these stations or you could run low on U-238! You still need U-238 for making fuel cells and uranium ammo. For my 1 RPM base, I have 7 of these stations running fueling 24 nuclear power stations with about 60 reactor cores.

Kovarex Enrichment Station (Logistic)
Kovarex Enrichment Station.png
Kovarex Enrichment Station.png (1.28 MiB) Viewed 2171 times

Return to “Energy Production”